VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Rate my 3-day split.

Mon: Chest+Tri+Oblique
    BB Bench
    DB Incline Bench
    Dips
    Triceps Cable Pushdowns
    Skullcrushers
    Weighted side raises for obliques

Wed: Back+Bi+Abs
    Lat Pull Down
    Close grip Chin ups
    T-bar row
    Deadlift
    Hammercurls
    Cable Curls EZ bar
    Weighted situps

Fri: Legs + Shoulders
    Squat
    Leg Press
    Standing Calf raises (in, neutral and out)
    Arnold Press
    Side raises for shoulders
    Rear deltoid flys

All 3x8+ one more set till failure (once i reach 8 on the failure set i increase weight). Calves 3x3x10
    Should I incorporate shrugs?
    mod negged crew and i aint even red

Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks okay. And yes, I'd replace the rear flys with shrugs.

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Forgive me if I am incorrect, but you height and weight suggest that you may not be ready for a 3 day split. Look at the link in my sig.
    The floundering has ended.

VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Determinednoob View Post
    Forgive me if I am incorrect, but you height and weight suggest that you may not be ready for a 3 day split. Look at the link in my sig.
    so you're suggesting me to grow 2 more inches before I can go onto a split? wat

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I probably shouldn't ask, but wat's a VD Engineer, OP?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gnrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah it's okay, are you a beginner or intermediate? But like on chest day you have only 3 more sets dedicated to chest than tris, not to mention tris are hit in your chest exercises, if anything Id feel your chest could have more volume or something? Id probably throw in cable crossovers supersetted with 21's on pushups where you go middle to neutral to wide position. All your exercises look good and seem to be hitting all your muscles. I really dont think you really need shrugs on your workout here unless you notice them lag after time, deadlifts and side raises leave my traps more fatigued than shrugs. If you wanna hit traps id even recommend upright rows, they kill my traps and shoulders at the same time. Whatever you do, dont take out rear delts, too often theyre neglected and cause weaknesses in the future and it reduces the rounded shoulder look. I'd definately add leg extensions though and then maybe curls. This is what I'd do on a 3 day split based on yours (even though id be tempted to go Push, Pull, Push one week and Pull, Push, Pull the next week...):

DB Incline Bench
    BB Bench
    Dips
    DB Incline Flyes/Cable Crossovers
    Triceps Cable Pushdowns
    Skullcrushers

Lat Pull Down
    Close grip Chin ups
    T-bar row
    Deadlift
    Hammercurls
    Cable Curls EZ bar
    Weighted situps

Squat
    Leg Press
    Lunges/Leg extensions
    Leg curls (optional)
    DB Shoulder Press - I prefer the stretch on this exercise
    1-2 sets of upright rows, 12-15 reps for me, i like to feel the burn on this
    Rear deltoid flys

Train to failure and with intensity and youll see gains whatever, your muscle will be built in the kitchen and in bed but regarding your workout, your not neglecting anything of what I can see

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I'm not sure but I think I'm glad I'm not one.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
    Looks okay. And yes, I'd replace the rear flys with shrugs.
    What?

Rear Delt Flies = rear delts
    Shrugs = traps

Why would he replace one with the other? He can just add the shrugs in somewhere, he doesn't need to drop an exercise.

Vehicle Dynamics. Not the thing you're thinking of

goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VDEngineer View Post
    BB Bench
    DB Incline Bench
    Dips
    Triceps Cable Pushdowns
    Skullcrushers

Lat Pull Down
    Close grip Chin ups
    T-bar row
    Deadlift
    Hammercurls
    Cable Curls EZ bar
    Weighted situps

Squat
    Leg Press
    Arnold Press
    Rear deltoid flys

All 3x8+ one more set till failure (once i reach 8 on the failure set i increase weight). Calves 3x3x10
    Should I incorporate shrugs?
    Seems fine to me man, I do something kind of similar (schedule wise), and it's working GREAT!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Originally Posted by VDEngineer View Post
    Vehicle Dynamics. Not the thing you're thinking of
    Good deal, and in that case, your posted split looks okay as-is. Run it for a few months and see where you're at at that time.

As far as adding Shrugs, traps get worked pretty thoroughly when you Deadlift, but if you've determined that they're a particular weak point for you, adding in a few sets of Barbell Shrugs at the end of your leg/shoulder session would be a reasonable move.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Good deal, and in that case, your posted split looks okay as-is. Run it for a few months and see where you're at at that time.

As far as adding Shrugs, traps get worked pretty thoroughly when you Deadlift, but if you've determined that they're a particular weak point for you, adding in a few sets of Barbell Shrugs at the end of your leg/shoulder session would be a reasonable move.
    I'll check my progress in a month or two. Thanks all for the input.

Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    What?

Rear Delt Flies = rear delts
    Shrugs = traps

Why would he replace one with the other? He can just add the shrugs in somewhere, he doesn't need to drop an exercise.
    I know what exercises work what muscles. I felt there was too much volume and he should drop an isolation with power shrugs. Unless he's advanced and needs that level of stimulation he may not need it.

If he wants to add shrugs in and keep the rear delt flys he can. It's not a hard and fast rule, it was a simple suggestion.