Closed Thread
Page 147 of 321 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 9602
    Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hosum View Post
    TGIF!

Why you bragging??
    Cause I'm Mandarin

U MAD?

Have you watch "Flowers of War"?
    Yeah dude it made me want to go kill a few japs and then go on a raping spree in Tokyo
    Let's put a smile on that face :)

Semper Fi

♠ CONQUERING BARBELL ♠ audieswu's Avatar
    audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Johnnybomb View Post
    Ok dude I'm sure every Dell I own is refurbished and used dude. You win.
    CONQUERING BARBELL
    www.conqueringbarbell.com

DUP Training Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154586623

***Powerlifter Crew***

Instagram: Conquertheweights

KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Morning brahs!!

Loving the spicy tech talk. I've been into computers since the late 80's. First PC in 1991, a 486-33 lol. How many of you remember that?

I can see both sides. I no longer have time to do research and keep up with the latest tech trends, so I buy something from Dell or HP every four years. But then I always have to go and get a better graphics card and bigger PSU for it.

If I needed a real power setup like JB's, I definitely wouldn't build it myself or trust a small shop. To each his own.
    ## chillin at home crew

Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnnybomb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KenshinH View Post
    Morning brahs!!

Loving the spicy tech talk. I've been into computers since the late 80's. First PC in 1991, a 486-33 lol. How many of you remember that?

I can see both sides. I no longer have time to do research and keep up with the latest tech trends, so I buy something from Dell or HP every four years. But then I always have to go and get a better graphics card and bigger PSU for it.

If I needed a real power setup like JB's, I definitely wouldn't build it myself or trust a small shop. To each his own.
    My first computer was the Apple II. First PC was a 386 and I used to play leisure suit larry on it haha

Semper Fi

Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah dude it made me want to go kill a few japs and then go on a raping spree in Tokyo
    My question for you is do you go to brothels like that?

Morning brahs!!

Yes, I still have the monitor to the 486...

I think..
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    The lording over will be YOOOOGE!!

KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KenshinH has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My first computer was the Apple II. First PC was a 386 and I used to play leisure suit larry on it haha
    LOL leisure suit larry was the bomb!

I went Commodore Vic-20, Commodore 64, Apple IIe, Apple IIc(?), Apple IIGS, and then the 486 during my first year in college.

Yes, I still have the monitor to the 486...

I think..
    My 486 may still be in my parent's garage lol
    ## chillin at home crew

audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) audieswu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Morning brahs!!

I agree but also here in the US we have so many capable "small shop" that has worked for places like Dell and HP and just wanted to become independent.

I worked and managed a $100 Million category at one of the largest companies here in the US and now working for small firm and suddenly you think my experience of 6+ years in Supply Chain Management will suddenly become useless?

The point here is, there are many independent shops out there with peeps that can build systems similar if not comparable to what Dell can do.

Dang even then you are a horny lil bastard
    CONQUERING BARBELL

DUP Training Powerlifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154586623

***Powerlifter Crew***

Originally Posted by audieswu View Post
    I agree but also here in the US we have so many capable "small shop" that has worked for places like Dell and HP and just wanted to become independent.

I worked and managed a $100 Million category at one of the largest companies here in the US and now working for small firm and suddenly you think my experience of 6+ years in Supply Chain Management will suddenly become useless?

The point here is, there are many independent shops out there with peeps that can build systems similar if not comparable to what Dell can do.

Dang even then you are a horny lil bastard
    I agree with you, but it's difficult to separate the really good shops from the ones that will close within a year, after which their warranty is null and void.
    ## chillin at home crew

schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) schmack has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by toneekay View Post
    LOL! Strong defective is strong, however that chit can happen to your more expensive $700 laptop you recommended as well... the components work nicely though I bet

You actually answered me bro?

The thing is if you use your computer for stupid purposes then a ****ty cheap 1.5k build or whatever will be sufficient. When you need a computer to run say Maya, RealFlow, Photoshop, and a syntheyes all at once, then you need the best workstation that most likely a 24 year old kid can't get the parts for and can replace if something goes wrong.

For example just the video card I have in one of my Dell's cost 1700 USD. That's the cost of most people's home computers. No way in hell am I going to trust some kid or even a small computer shop to build me my computers and expect them to even have a idea on what I need. I don't trust the whore at Dell Support either but I do trust the tech guy that works there and has been working on computers for like 15 years.

That 3D stuff needs the HP for sure. You got a mean machine.

Morning brahs!!

LOL leisure suit larry was the bomb!

I went Commodore Vic-20, Commodore 64, Apple IIe, Apple IIc(?), Apple IIGS, and then the 486 during my first year in college.

My 486 may still be in my parent's garage lol

My first machine was a 1983 Coleco Adam (talk about problems) and then the Commodore 64

Last edited by schmack; 12-07-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Instagram= lighteyedhapa

There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness. Po

toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I totally understand JB when you're looking at things from a corporate business side. I'm sure if I ran a business and needed multiple computers built to handle all those apps at the same time, I would go with a trusted manufacturer as well (due to the fact they may break you off a deal if purchased in bulk, warranties, etc)... However if I were to use the computer for me and myself only, I wouldn't go through the manufacturer and would very much prefer building the computer on my own.

I'm sure we can all agree that building your own power house would be a lot cheaper than going through a manufacturer, especially when you can have the latest and greatest for the same price as some older gen components that they may only have available for that certain model line, etc...

I agree with you, but it's difficult to separate the really good shops from the ones that will close within a year, after which their warranty is null and void.
    It is difficult to reach to Dell when you didn't buy their warranty which in a sense makes it null and void.

In the end you'll ended up taking it to a smaller shop near your house to see if they can diagnose and fix the problem.

now ain't that a bish.
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

I totally understand JB when you're looking at things from a corporate business side. I'm sure if I ran a business and needed multiple computers built to handle all those apps at the same time, I would go with a trusted manufacturer as well (due to the fact they may break you off a deal if purchased in bulk, warranties, etc)... However if I were to use the computer for me and myself only, I wouldn't go through the manufacturer and would very much prefer building the computer on my own.

I'm sure we can all agree that building your own power house would be a lot cheaper than going through a manufacturer, especially when you can have the latest and greatest for the same price as some older gen components that they may only have available for that certain model line, etc...
    I can agree trying to build your own power house would be cheaper but it's not going to run the same as the power house that you bought from Dell or Apple and sure as hell won't be as stable.

Semper Fi

It is difficult to reach to Dell when you didn't buy their warranty which in a sense makes it null and void.

In the end you'll ended up taking it to a smaller shop near your house to see if they can diagnose and fix the problem.

now ain't that a bish.
    that's why you buy warranty and not be a idiot. It really is just that simple...

Semper Fi

Such as? If you're a company capable of doing what Dell does then why aren't you? That just means you're not capable enough.

Semper Fi

that's why you buy warranty and not be a idiot. It really is just that simple...
    JB we get it. You have a business to run and spare no dime on your main bread & butter which in this case your workstations. You trust and believe in a company and that's good.

Who knows when I have my own business someday and can actually spend that kind of cash I will be going the most common/trustworthy company that I know to buy from route. Which in case for you Dell and Apple.

Such as? If you're a company capable of doing what Dell does then why aren't you? That just means you're not capable enough.
    Mofo I said if an independent shop that has qualified techs that worked at Dell, HP, etc..And decided to have their own shop and yes I will go with them. Why not?

You're CEO right?

I'm just starting out and working my way to build my own empire someday just like yours...We all have to start somewhere.
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can agree trying to build your own power house would be cheaper but it's not going to run the same as the power house that you bought from Dell or Apple and sure as hell won't be as stable.
    Why wouldn't it be?

I'm sure if I had the cash and enough reason to build myself a power house, I could probably put together the exact same setup you're running. Not only that, but I'm sure there could areas to improve as well.

True you are a CEO, true you may have purchased plenty of these computers in bulk, and true you may think they're the biggest and best things out there. HOWEVER, the fact that all of these things may be true, to them, you still are just a consumer... a business consumer, but still a consumer. The components used are high end, I give you that, but there's also plenty of other things you can do to further exceed the stock performance of just having those components thrown together.

For example, one thing I know that could improve performance is switching over to a full watercooled setup (decreases temps), and then overclocking the dual Xeons that'll be running these apps. Higher clock speed = More processing power. Then again, this is based off if I needed to build one of these computers. For you, I understand this would be out of the question since you need to absolute longest term of reliability, but for me, I'd probably end up upgrading after a couple years to something bigger and better (however I'm sure it'll still last a good 5+ years).

Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hosum has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol @ computer talk...

Let's get back to the chops for more LOLs...

Lol @ computer talk...

Let's get back to the chops for more LOLs...

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9yxrt.jpg[IMG]
    Nerds gone haywire with computer talk here

INB4 McD's switch a roo version lol
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

JB we get it. You have a business to run and spare no dime on your main bread & butter which in this case your workstations. You trust and believe in a company and that's good.

Who knows when I have my own business someday and can actually spend that kind of cash I will be going the most common/trustworthy company that I know to buy from route. Which in case for you Dell and Apple.

Mofo I said if an independent shop that has qualified techs that worked at Dell, HP, etc..And decided to have their own shop and yes I will go with them. Why not?

You're CEO right?

I'm just starting out and working my way to build my own empire someday just like yours...We all have to start somewhere.
    My whole point of the argument is stop building your own computer if you want stability and you can run the software you want. Save yourself hassle and go with a brand because at least you know you're getting something that's more stable.

If Tony didn't open his sewer claiming he knew more than Dell a multi billion dollar company and then claiming it's all a hobbie, I wouldn't have started. Even now he's still claiming building his own power house computer is just as good as getting the same thing as a established brand computer, which it isn't because these brands whether it's Dell, HP, Vaio, Apple they have their own techs that can tweek and reconfigure the hardware to perform better than whatever chip or board you buy at Fry's electronics.

Semper Fi

Why wouldn't it be?

I'm sure if I had the cash and enough reason to build myself a power house, I could probably put together the exact same setup you're running. Not only that, but I'm sure there could areas to improve as well.

True you are a CEO, true you may have purchased plenty of these computers in bulk, and true you may think they're the biggest and best things out there. HOWEVER, the fact that all of these things may be true, to them, you still are just a consumer... a business consumer, but still a consumer. The components used are high end, I give you that, but there's also plenty of other things you can do to further exceed the stock performance of just having those components thrown together.

For example, one thing I know that could improve performance is switching over to a full watercooled setup (decreases temps), and then overclocking the dual Xeons that'll be running these apps. Higher clock speed = More processing power. Then again, this is based off if I needed to build one of these computers. For you, I understand this would be out of the question since you need to absolute longest term of reliability, but for me, I'd probably end up upgrading after a couple years to something bigger and better (however I'm sure it'll still last a good 5+ years).
    Ok how about you build me a system that I pay for and it has to be just as good as my Dell since you know everything. If it doesn't par up with my Dell you pay me back double cause you're a waste of time. I'll be happy to put my money where my mouth is are you?

Semper Fi

My whole point of the argument is stop building your own computer if you want stability and you can run the software you want. Save yourself hassle and go with a brand because at least you know you're getting something that's more stable.

If Tony didn't open his sewer claiming he knew more than Dell a multi billion dollar company and then claiming it's all a hobbie, I wouldn't have started. Even now he's still claiming building his own power house computer is just as good as getting the same thing as a established brand computer, which it isn't because these brands whether it's Dell, HP, Vaio, Apple they have their own techs that can tweek and reconfigure the hardware to perform better than whatever chip or board you buy at Fry's electronics.
    Ok I will bite into this...

I happened to be building my own system since 1998 and all the systems that I have built had ran stable. Heck my first built was a Pentium III that I bought parts off of ebay then (strong Ebay join date: 1997) and it was running until the day my stepdad gave it away 2 years ago.

So you can't speak if I can build a stable system or not since you never use one of my self built machines.
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

Nerds gone haywire with computer talk here

INB4 McD's switch a roo version lol
    No sh!t, I didn't realize you guys are such nerds

Hey I bought my video card and PSU at Fry's!
    ## chillin at home crew

Originally Posted by johnnybomb View Post
    my whole point of the argument is stop building your own computer if you want stability and you can run the software you want. Save yourself hassle and go with a brand because at least you know you're getting something that's more stable.

If tony didn't open his sewer claiming he knew more than dell a multi billion dollar company and then claiming it's all a hobbie, i wouldn't have started. Even now he's still claiming building his own power house computer is just as good as getting the same thing as a established brand computer, which it isn't because these brands whether it's dell, hp, vaio, apple they have their own techs that can tweek and reconfigure the hardware to perform better than whatever chip or board you buy at fry's electronics.
    so u r mad?

Yeah u mad!!

Hey I bought my video card and PSU at Fry's!
    LOL

Fool you don't need a strong vid card and PSU to browse xhamster :}

...and two minutes later that day...
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

LOL

Fool you don't need a strong vid card and PSU to browse xhamster :}

...and two minutes later that day...
    Are you talking about me or the two-minute fapper?

:}
    ## chillin at home crew

Are you talking about me or the two-minute fapper?

Oh my bad I meant three-minutes
    CONQUERING BARBELL

***Powerlifter Crew***

Ok I will bite into this...

I happened to be building my own system since 1998 and all the systems that I have built had ran stable. Heck my first built was a Pentium III that I bought parts off of ebay then (strong Ebay join date: 1997) and it was running until the day my stepdad gave it away 2 years ago.

So you can't speak if I can build a stable system or not since you never use one of my self built machines.
    Then I'll bite too. You can build me a system like one of my Dell's. If it's up to par I'll start buying computers from you and you can charge me just as much as Dell. Hell if you can build me a Mac Pro and runs just as stable then I'll be more than happy to pay you 16k for 1 computer that runs just as well as my Mac Pro.

Semper Fi

Lol dafuq you talking about? I never once claimed I knew more than Dell. I even stated that Dell could also probably get their hands on components that us regular consumers cannot get, which would be more ideal for you a CEO paying $100000000000000 for a few computers.

Lol, yesh JB I KNOW there's a lot of techies at Dell that'll smoke the crap out of what I can come up with...

All I'm saying is that if you are a single independent person, trying to build a computer that is top tier, and the components are available, it's just as easy as putting it together, testing it for reliability, and host 1000 porn sites. nomsayin?

You act like Dell has a bunch of freaking robotic aliens from another world with super advanced technology or something.

so u r mad?

Yeah u mad!!
    No I just find it annoying when a kid thinks he's so much smarter than a multi billion dollar company. If he was that smart he'd actually be like Michael Dell at 24 and made his first million already by building computers.

I could say my company is badass but I would never start talking smack about companies like Pixar, WETA, Digital Domain, etc and think we know more than them cause we don't even rate anything close to what they've accomplished.

Semper Fi

No I just find it annoying when a kid thinks he's so much smarter than a multi billion dollar company. If he was that smart he'd actually be like Michael Dell at 24 and made his first million already by building computers.

I could say my company is badass but I would never start talking smack about companies like Pixar, WETA, Digital Domain, etc and think we know more than them cause we don't even rate anything close to what they've accomplished.
    This card is better than what your workstations are equipped with.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814132008

Jussayin'

Closed Thread
Page 147 of 321 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast