foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) foefen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Flat vs incline bench press

Am I being stupid by only doing incline BP? Lately flat BP kinda sucks and when I'm incline BP I get a lot more fatigued and I feel as if my form is also a lot better. Also the weight I'm pressing is about the same for both lifts, is this possible? I always thought flat bench should be way higher than incline.

Furthermore, should I drink my BCAA-drink before workout or between meals?

Thank you in advance

n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0m3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The reason you probably do more on incline than flat is because you claim to only do incline. On another note, fluxuating with incline, flat, and decline bench press will result in a very joocy chest. Form is key aswell as reps/sets.
    Bench - 245 (fell due to cut...)
    Squat - 310
    DL - 300 even

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do both.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BCsensation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by n0m3d View Post
    The reason you probably do more on incline than flat is because you claim to only do incline. On another note, fluxuating with incline, flat, and decline bench press will result in a very joocy chest. Form is key aswell as reps/sets.
    This is off topic but is your deadlift really only 280?
    The only failure is in not trying.

Registered User KrazyEyezKillah's Avatar
    KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KrazyEyezKillah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I could only do one, I'd choose incline as well. I find the upper chest is usually the most stubborn area for people to grow, and doing presses on a 15 to 30 degree incline will effectively hit both the clavicular and sternal heads of the chest.

That being said, decline is the one that will give you the most overall chest activation.
    Bench Press - 225x18 // 275x8 // 330x1
    Squat - 385x7 // 445x1
    Overhead Press - 135x20 // 225x1
    Deadlift - 385x11

Bodyweight OHP for reps!

★★ Buddhist Crew★★
    "How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself as anything less than a god?" - A.W.

Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KrazyEyezKillah View Post
    If I could only do one, I'd choose incline as well. I find the upper chest is usually the most stubborn area for people to grow, and doing presses on a 15 to 30 degree incline will effectively hit both the clavicular and sternal heads of the chest.

That being said, decline is the one that will give you the most overall chest activation.
    this

OP, I wouldn't bother with BCAAs unless you're cutting

if cutting, take them intra workout.
    public speaking is the GOAT

Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hellscope has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Incline is more important for me in terms of developing a good looking chest. Though standard flat bench is necessary as well.
    You should also do dips and flies
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10) ImEvan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Socalchoirboy View Post
    this

OP, I wouldn't bother with BCAAs unless you're cutting

if cutting, take them intra workout.
    Why wouldn't you bother with them unless you're cutting? They're only amino acids son.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    **MISC STRENGTH CREW**
    ☆☆☆GSF Crew☆☆☆

Deadlift 396 x 1
    Squat 320 x 1
    Bench 265 x 1
    OHP Strict 154 x 1
    --------------------------
    Rep's for life: strangeclouds, OneMA2011

strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Flat > Incline > Decline

Originally Posted by ImEvan View Post
    Why wouldn't you bother with them unless you're cutting? They're only amino acids son.
    I'd find them to be most essential whilst cutting.

Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Socalchoirboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ImEvan View Post
    if you're bulking you're constantly at a surplus so protein synthesis > protein catabolism already

while cutting, the breakdown > synthesis while working out; this is where BCAAs come into play and elevate the synthesis to normal or above (again)

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you should do both... just flat > just incline
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you're bulking you're constantly at a surplus so protein synthesis > protein catabolism already

while cutting, the breakdown > synthesis while working out; this is where BCAAs come into play and elevate the synthesis to normal or above (again)
    Also simply lower protein intake while cutting --> less BCAAs --> BCAAs necessary for muscle growth/recovery, more so than other amino acids --> Supplementation with more BCAA rather than whole protein gives higher BCAA percentage of protein intake --> better maintenance of muscle mass during cut.

IMO. Maybe broscience . . .

snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) snbuf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    incline is better from beetter looking chest. but if u have goal for chest then do one day incline and 3 -4 days later flat good results.
    drink bcaa while working out personal choice

gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's been numerous EMG studies that show varying and contradictory results when it comes to incline, decline and flat. What I've seen most commonly in those studies however is that Incline Bench Hits the Pectoralis Minor better than any other, Decline hits the Pectoralis Major better than any other, and Flat holds the (somewhat) median.

Extra: DB benching recruits more bicep than BB Benching, and BB Benching recruits more Tricep than DB Benching.

Edit: So yes, OP, you are being stupid by doing only Incline. Switch it up every little while for best results.
    Training: 355/230/396
    Meet (11/29/13): 314/198/368 @ 155 (317 wilks)
    Meet (02/7/15): 352/209/385 @ 161 (323 wilks)

Originally Posted by PatFel View Post
    Also simply lower protein intake while cutting --> less BCAAs --> BCAAs necessary for muscle growth/recovery, more so than other amino acids --> Supplementation with more BCAA rather than whole protein gives higher BCAA percentage of protein intake --> better maintenance of muscle mass during cut.

IMO. Maybe broscience . . .
    the anabolic part is the leucine. mass BCAAs are what provide gains, but taking something like 5g won't do much
    next time I cut I'll be taking leucine instead

KneeCaps Of Peace definedincline's Avatar
    definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    incline=upper chest
    flat=middle
    decline=lower

goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do both, but I think incline is better tbh.

strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    next time I cut I'll be taking leucine instead
    You can simply take it an hour preworkout and notice some significant effects