OxfordWilde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will Cardio affect my gains? And Kris Gethin Kris Gethin 12 Week Trainer Program.

Hi, I am 22 years old; 5'11"; and 140lb. I am currently doing the "Kris Gethin 12 Week Trainer" Program (on day 10) and I had a question for the cardio portion;and cardio in general.I would like to eventually gain more weight (get to 170-ish).

I am currently eating 6 times a day, and following the program as directed. My question focuses on the "cardio" before and after the workout. I know that the one of the best way to get abs is to run on a treadmill, but my concern is that I am losing weight instead of building muscle. I walk on the highest incline(15); @4.5 speed (burns about 700 cal. according to the machine). My question is should I adjust this cardio portion in anyway?

Also I noticed that when I eat alot of meat my urine turns brownish, a direct indication that my kidneys are being over-worked. I have changed the protien intake to a 45g shake; 3 servings of meat; 3 eggs; 4 slices of turkey. My question is: is it necessary to eat EXCATLY what is in this "Kris Gethin 12 Week Trainer" program; or are my modifications o.k.?

Thanks in advanced

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Look at the link in my sig. Yeah, it's a lot of reading, but when you're done, you will probably be able to answer your own questions.
    The floundering has ended.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by OxfordWilde View Post
    Also I noticed that when I eat alot of meat my urine turns brownish, a direct indication that my kidneys are being over-worked.
    Dark urine in an otherwise healthy individual is an indication of dehydration, not that your "kidneys are being overworked."

As far as gethin's entire deal, ditch it all now, and start over with something that will actually work.

Here are your best places to start to get yourself on the correct path:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
    *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

No requirement for supplements at your level; learn how to eat first. This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
    *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com

One more word to the wise; some of the worst bodybuilding training and nutrition advices to be found anywhere on the interwebz is to be found in the "Super Site" (their name for it, certainly not mine). You'd do better to avoid that part of this site altogether and rather get your information from the relevant stickies at the top of each forum.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Dark urine in an otherwise healthy individual is an indication of dehydration, not that your "kidneys are being overworked."

That...or a potential liver problem (hopefully not).

PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Cardio won't effect your gains. That bullsh!t "program" will effect your gains.

Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Siddon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are 140 lbs and 5'11" you need to step away from Gethin's plan. Its a FAT BURNING PLAN. Doesn't seem like you have much fat if you are trying to gain 30 lbs buddy. Stick to a good diet with a higher caloric intake and find a good routine for lifting. Be patient b/c gains take a while to notice. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Enjoy the journey. Embrace the process.