theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Leg picture 12 1/2 Weeks out first competition

I'm currently 12 1/2 weeks out of my first competition. As everyone does I've been having some up and down days, posting a current leg picture to see if people think I'm on track. My biggest fear competing before was that my legs would not get lean enough, I've put on the size in the last couple of years but never really had the great cuts before. I have poured everything I have into my leg routine looking for results. I'm satisfied thus far, now I'm worried about my stubborn abs!

lifetime natural, working as hard as I possibly can day in an day out

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First off congrats on getting into it and taking the plunge, second - gotta get over the self-conscious 'taking progress pics of one body part' phase if you really want good feedback. Hit some real poses and lets get serious. Bright side is that your quads look like they have some good size. You've got some time but you'll surely need it all. Good luck.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) theblaztoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    First off congrats on getting into it and taking the plunge, second - gotta get over the self-conscious 'taking progress pics of one body part' phase if you really want good feedback. Hit some real poses and lets get serious. Bright side is that your quads look like they have some good size. You've got some time but you'll surely need it all. Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply, I've taken full on progress pictures with all poses since the start of my prep, just figured I would throw up a leg picture.

Here is one of the side chest progress pictures from 13 weeks out, lighting is a little dark on the legs.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lots of great size for sure! For your first time around I think you are in a decent spot, but like Agostage said, you will need to make sure you stay focused the rest of the way out and not stumble. Don't be skipping any cardio sessions and keep the pedal to the floor.

Also, make it a point to practice posing for at least 10 minutes, 3 times a day at this point and increase gradually as the show approaches. Posing is by far the most difficult and tiring aspect of competing and really does decide you places well and who doesn't. Best of luck to you!

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Lots of great size for sure! For your first time around I think you are in a decent spot, but like Agostage said, you will need to make sure you stay focused the rest of the way out and not stumble. Don't be skipping any cardio sessions and keep the pedal to the floor.

Also, make it a point to practice posing for at least 10 minutes, 3 times a day at this point and increase gradually as the show approaches. Posing is by far the most difficult and tiring aspect of competing and really does decide you places well and who doesn't. Best of luck to you!
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I know there is a lot of hard work to be done to get where I need to be, it's a big challenge that I'm up for. While I've always carried a good amount of muscle, I've never dieted past a certain point. I will give it my all, you have to start somewhere.

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by theblaztoo View Post
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I know there is a lot of hard work to be done to get where I need to be, it's a big challenge that I'm up for. While I've always carried a good amount of muscle, I've never dieted past a certain point. I will give it my all, you have to start somewhere.
    Great attitude. I'd be lying if I didn't say it's incredibly hard the first time around, especially if you are going it alone, but this board is a great resource and a good place to vent if you are feeling down, depressed or frustrated, which you inevitably will at some point.

You know what they say though, if it's really difficult to do something, it's most likely worth doing in the first place. Kill it man!

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Great attitude. I'd be lying if I didn't say it's incredibly hard the first time around, especially if you are going it alone, but this board is a great resource and a good place to vent if you are feeling down, depressed or frustrated, which you inevitably will at some point.

You know what they say though, if it's really difficult to do something, it's most likely worth doing in the first place. Kill it man!
    Yeah it's a wide range of emotions going through a prep, there are days you feel great and others that you feel terrible, I think it's normal given what you are trying to achieve on top of your own life, work, etc. I'm using Layne for my prep so atleast I know that I'm in good hands and will not be worried in that area.

Originally Posted by theblaztoo View Post
    Yeah it's a wide range of emotions going through a prep, there are days you feel great and others that you feel terrible, I think it's normal given what you are trying to achieve on top of your own life, work, etc. I'm using Layne for my prep so atleast I know that I'm in good hands and will not be worried in that area.
    Yeah, Layne will definitely make sure you get into the best shape possible. I had considered going with him when doing one of my first shows but couldn't rationalize spending so much cash for a plastic trophy....worked out anyways

CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrabDelts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have a massive chest good work
    Future Pro

"You can't stop talent"

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There you go, definitely good size and thickness from what I can see; you can look pretty good in 12 weeks, it'd be tough to get paper-thin skin by then but doable if you nail each week. I'm pumped to see the results.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Originally Posted by CrabDelts View Post
    You have a massive chest good work
    Thanks, I've always viewed my chest as one of my weaknesses, may have just been my bodyfat was too high to see what it really looked like.