wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any Dunkers in here ? Please help read below

im 6'0 and 15 yrs old and gonna be a sophomore and really wanna dunk.I really wanna get known around my neighbor hood I play hs ball but I'm on jv.any advice on dunking,1 foot 2 feet any really good drills to help dunking please help
    New to weightlifting and trying to improve
    Squat 135 x12
    Bench 135 x12

axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wiggahigga View Post
    im 6'0 and 15 yrs old and gonna be a sophomore and really wanna dunk.I really wanna get known around my neighbor hood I play hs ball but I'm on jv.any advice on dunking,1 foot 2 feet any really good drills to help dunking please help
    if you have a rim that you can lower, lower it to the highest setting you can dunk on and practice dunking on that and raise it when it gets easier.

If not that then get warmed up, and go through a stretch routine, hold each stretch for 30-40 seconds to help you increase flexibility and do that every night.

Look up plyometrics online and do a lot of lower body plyometrics.

Strengthen your core, the core cant every be to strong. Having a strong core helps you put all the force in your jump upward instead of outward.

there has to be an option for you somewhere in there, hope I helped

ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Shaquille O'Neal increased his vertical jump some sixteen to twenty inches (according to him in his book "Shaq:Uncut") simply by doing calf raises.
    Word is Bond

Lakers - Mackin' on your favorite team since 1947

ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000) ClevageGobbler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry man, didn't address your question directly. I've never dunked on a regulation goal but I hope to one day.

If you are serious about increasing your vertical, weightlifting accompanied with sprints and some jumping drills should be enough. Don't do too much though. If you work on your jumping ability once or twice a week and give 100% then you can be dunking by next summer.

Also, it's important that you allow your body the time it needs to recover and improve as well as the nutrition it requires to recover and improve. Quick story with an absolutely necessary lesson: I used to do walking lunges every day for like a year and a half when I was your age. I did these lunges religiously, five to seven days a week every evening or sometimes late at night. While I saw great quickness and jumping improvement in the first three months, the rest was overkill because I didn't allow my body adequate rest. I was around 5'9" and almost touching rim in the eight grade. My diligence was unmatched and I knew I was training harder than most kids my age at the time, but a severe shortage of recovery time held me back. My lack of rest days literally cut me off from improvement. I also believe it put a ton of miles on my knees too. So basically, you should really respect your rest days. They are EXACTLY AS IMPORTANT as the work you put in. You need them to recover, to grow. Destroy and rebuild. Understand that and you will be on your way my friend. I wish I had somebody to tell me that...
    Word is Bond

Lakers - Mackin' on your favorite team since 1947

axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axel5291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh also something else, do depth jumps just 2 in between sets, it helps train the muscles to explode and contract fast. Like ClevageGobbler(great name btw) said, lunges, for an athletic verrtical they are the best things possible. ive been at a pretty steady vertical in the 37 in range, started doing lunges once a week for 3 weeks now, defintely up a bit, however i have been meeting with a trainer once a week as well which is wehere i do the lunges, so they arent the only im doing.

InMyMind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im 5'6 140 pounds. i can grab rim with 2 hands from like 4 steps and grab with 1 hand off of 1 step. i would like to be able to dunk. any suggestions?

GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodShammgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzyaOut_QxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLg0HQr4FM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZsOmoNnGwo

this guy knows his stuff.

Followed his stuff last summer and was able to increase my vert (while gaining 20 lbs). Could only really squeak out a simple 1 hander before, and now can dunk 1 hand, 2 hand, off backboard, off bounce, and can finally windmill (on a *slightly* lower rim lol)

WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WesCracker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Roll tide. Lakers. Chargers.

Subscribe + Comment on my log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145133371

another good youtube guy is jacob hiller, hes not about money like the other guys. his program rocks, but he has lots of free stuff on his channel, also has an ipod/iphone app
    Age 17
    Weight 160
    Max Bench 245lbs
    Squat 225lbs 14x
    Deadlift (haha, i hate deadlift so i have no idea)

Vertical
    No step 33inches
    2 foot and 1 foot around 38 (i think?)

Check out my blog for free vertical jump help, not much yet, but keep up with it
    http://freeverticaljumphelp.blogspot.com/

rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10) rodneytrotter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ClevageGobbler View Post
    Shaquille O'Neal increased his vertical jump some sixteen to twenty inches (according to him in his book "Shaq:Uncut") simply by doing calf raises.
    When I was growing up I did a lot of calf raises and my jump went up a lot but I would say 80% was just due to genetics and the fact I was getting more developed. When people ask how I dunk I just say genetics, calf raises and jumping as much as you can (dunk on lower rim).

Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do a lot of plyometrics 3x a week. I can give you a workout if you want. Also do a lot of lower-body lifts i.e squats, deads, calf raises. These will all increase you're vertical
    I rep back

jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasondickhaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to use jumpsoles. increased my vert from mid 30s to upper 40s in couple months of playing full court basketball in them. do lots of calf raises and speed jumps.
    RAW Stats

Bench 325 Current 405 Goal
    Squat 370 Current 450 Goal
    Deadlift 405 Current 475 Goal

JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoshHaddad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    calf raises! best excercise to increase your vertical jump.
    "You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
    "The product of struggle is strength."
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body."
    "Dont wish it were easier, wish you were better."

aJay27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Power = Strength + Speed

The best way to apply the equation is by focusing in one thing at a time, it's like budybuilding it's better to bulk than cut so you can't cut if you didn't bulk the same thing here you can't gain speed and explosiveness (like doing plyos) without having a good base of strength. My suggestion is to anyone who wants to jump higher and increase his explosiveness is just by following a strength routine (e.g. Starting Strength) for like 3-4 months than you follow an explosiveness routine combine plyos, med ball, sprints, oly lifts and light explosive weights for 3-4 months. Or if you are smart enough and you know what you're doing you can do both of them at the same time but it will be harder to orgonize them. I didn't try that personally but I can guarntee you that this will work for anyone if it's applied correctely, It's just that simple trust me.