Thread: Mind = blown

LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mind = blown

Taken from wikipedia

The soreness is caused by eccentric exercise, that is, exercise consisting of eccentric (lengthening) contractions. Isometric (static) exercise causes much less soreness, and concentric (shortening) exercise causes none.[1]
    So ... only the negative portion of a movement causes soreness?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...uscle_soreness

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LionRiver View Post
    So ... only the negative portion of a movement causes soreness?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...uscle_soreness
    I doubt it. Super set front squats with leg extensions (10-15 reps) and use a fast eccentric. I'm pretty sure you'll be sore when you wake up.

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No both parts do but the eccentric(easy part) contraction is known to cause a lot more than the concentric (hard part) and yes my mind was blown when i learned this too. My teacher said thats one reason olympic lifters are able to exercise so intensely and train as often as they do because they lift the weights and then drop them taking out the eccentric portion. Also think about how sore you are after doing negatives. Again i repeat both parts make you sore though.
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ericzimmerman34 View Post
    No both parts do but the eccentric(easy part) contraction is known to cause a lot more than the concentric (hard part) and yes my mind was blown when i learned this too. My teacher said thats one reason olympic lifters are able to exercise so intensely and train as often as they do because they lift the weights and then drop them taking out the eccentric portion. Also think about how sore you are after doing negatives. Again i repeat both parts make you sore though.
    true

olympic lifters train mostly CNS rather than actual muscle development/growth anyway. please correct me if i'm wrong though

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I definitely wouldn't say that eccentric cause no soreness. In a lot of my exercises, the negative is next to non existent and I get sore, big time.

However I usually get more sore when emphasizing negatives (while doing rest pause work etc, and this stuff builds a ton of mass)

It kinda makes sense, during the negative, the muscle is lengthening under load. I would expect the muscle to experience more "tearing" under this circumstances *IMO*.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) CycleFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know whether the concentric part of the motion causes no soreness at all, but anecdotally I can definitely say that of the small amount of DOMS I do get it comes from movements that have a slow and exaggerated eccentric portion (strict chest flyes, squats, barbell hacks). It's probably the reason why something like good mornings can cause such chronic DOMS seeing as you will be lowering the weight slowly and carefully.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it kinda makes sense when you using force to stretch the muscle fibers, thats whats causing more micro tear.

does this mean eccentric > concentric as far as overall muscle building goes?

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i think it is well settled that only the eccentric causes doms.

danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    does this mean eccentric > concentric as far as overall muscle building goes?
    no its just means it creates more soreness. its a similar effect when you stretch really hard and get mad sore. a slow resistance against the muscles will always make them more sore, whether you contract or are performing the eccentric part. its the micro tears that you are feeling more than anything
    B/S/D
    390/575/660
    The challenge is the diet. The lifting is all done in your head. Physically resist temptation; mentally, don't let yourself fail.

32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you think the eccentric part of a rep is "easy" then you are not doing them right.

ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    from my understanding yes. They train a lot of power, strength and some muscle development but its mostly CNS development. Its crazy how they might miss a snatch, then go up like 30 lbs and get it perfectly just because of the very slight difference in their form. Form is crucial in olympic lifting.

true

olympic lifters train mostly CNS rather than actual muscle development/growth anyway. please correct me if i'm wrong though

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

NASM CES in progress

I mean this in a general easy to understand way. stop trying to take things out of context and hate on people. Even the certifications such as NSCA will use this as a way to describe the movements.

Originally Posted by 32bulkcycle View Post
    If you think the eccentric part of a rep is "easy" then you are not doing them right.

NASM CES in progress

32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100)
    I just hate when it's written that way. I often do sets where the negative is the hardest part of the set. Plus way too many people focus 100% on the positive then just let the weight pretty much just drop. You will rip so much more muscle fiber if you focus on controlled negatives on every rep too

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by 32bulkcycle View Post
    I mean this in a general easy to understand way. stop trying to take things out of context and hate on people. Even the certifications such as NSCA will use this as a way to describe the movements.
    How could you possibly conclude that as 'hate on people'? He offered his opinion, which ought to be encouraged.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The ugly side of Wikipedia is that people can add unproven BS statements like that.

The beauty of it is that we can edit them to be more accurate instead of creating a BB.com thread about it.

goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Makes sense, the negative is when the most muscle damage occurs.. it is THE most important part of the lift.

Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i can say from experience that the couple times I've done weighted negative pull ups my lats were killin for an entire week.
    -Chasing The Pump-

Whether you take a doughnut hole as blank space or as an entity unto itself is purely a metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit - Murakami