Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Strongman - Journey of the Kodiak

My name is mark and I currently live in Dublin, Ohio. I have been in the gym since about last August and I have finally found my niche and my interest which is in Strongman training. I have never trained any olympic lifts nor have I ever trained w/ any of the strongman implements. I have watched the WSM and other events for a long ass time and although I am 32 I think I can make my mark (whether it be local or whatever I know I can do it). Currently the max in my core lifts are as follows:

BP - 320lbs
    Deadlift - 425lbs
    Squat - 340lbs
    OHP - 185x 2, 205 for push press

I just started training at Beyond Limits on E Long and the owner there Rich is amazing and has all the items I need to kick off my training. So please follow along and see me grow in to the Kodiak I know I can be.

Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trebin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Day 1 of Strongman July 23, 2012

I was pretty anxious all day today to hit the gym. I wasn't sure what to expect with the training and was pretty nervous. I have never done a front squat or a snatch. Here is how the workout went:

OHP: Barbell 95 x 5, 135 x 5, 135 x 5, 135 x 5 Axle: 135 x 2, 155 x 1 and 155 x 2

I wasn't able to look up front squats and form and didnt want to risk it this week so I did back squats.

Squats: 225 x 5, 265 x 5, 265 x 5, 265 x 5 (tried to keep it real since I took a week off and wasn't sure how the snatch was going to be)

The owner of the gym needed to do the Snatch and he was willing to let me lift w/ him and he really showed me the form.

Snatch: PVC x 5, 65 x 5, 95 x 5 and 135 x 3 I think I got the form but I was pretty tired there at the end.

Prowler to finish: push low handles 1, 3, 5 and 7 up a slight hill for 40 yards, push high handles back down 2, 4, 6, 8 for 40 yards

I had 2 plates on the prowler

Day 2 July 24, 2012

So I am still insanely sore from the Snatch (LOL). Tonight I was up for Power Cleans, Farmers Walk and the prowler but I screwed it up and did the prowler yesterday. Higa will also beat me up cuz I did the bench as well. For the gym they have events for PR's in the 4 main lifts so I am doing it so I can get on the board there.

Stretching first

BB BP 3 warmup sets, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 235 x 11 (PR) Huge PR

One of the trainers was lifting and asked if he could jump in on power cleans, I didn't really know how to do them so he showed me and taught me a **** ton tonight. I have no idea how many I did I just kept going. I have done them once before w/ iron plates and only got up 95 but that was several months ago. Here is my best guess:

65 x 5, 95 x 5, 135 x 5, 135 x 5ish, 185 x 3, 185 x 3, then some singles and I dropped down to 135. He showed me a technique that he teaches football players. It was a pull from the ground as hard and fast and when I get to the top to let go and catch it to learn where to keep my elbows. He said that my size was making 135 easy and showed me a better technique after those. It was pretty awesome and I was totally fried.

First time ever doing farmers walk (not sure how much bar weighed) - warm up set w/ 2 25s on each bar for about 80 feet, 2 sets w/ 2 35s, 6 sets w/ 4 25s each side