Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Milk is for babies. michaelstone's Avatar
    michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The semi-official KIJIJI thread(for us canadians)

this is what i got tonight for $50....i can sell the plates alone for at least $125:

the bench is weak, but better than one i currently use, and does decline,incline...it came with 150lbs of steel plates(and some vinyl i'm indifferent to)...spinlock dumbbells and barbell(1 piece too instead of ghetto 3 piece bar i had before)...and 6 2x3 floor mats...
    "It's common knowledge man. You should only use Indica for bulking, Sativa for cutting."

"Who needs proper form? He was too busy setting PR's! Forget proper form, acquire PR's!"

"It's STILL your MUTHAFU$KIN set!!!!"

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.”

MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do I smell a sticky?

Congrats on the buy. I hear it's harder to find junk up there, hopefully this'll make it easier.

michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ya its kind of a pain to find stuff up here...mostly just because the spots that get the most stuff are at either end of the province...but at least i got a better bench until i can get a proper one...i'll sell old bench with these standard plates...
    "It's common knowledge man. You should only use Indica for bulking, Sativa for cutting."

"Who needs proper form? He was too busy setting PR's! Forget proper form, acquire PR's!"

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.”

dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice! I want to contribute to this!

Power Blocks U50 (Ottawa)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398318517

Power tower $60!! Normally $270 plus tax new at treadmillfactory.ca (Toronto)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398266269

Powertec equipment (Toronto)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398262306

nice...i'll add some of the good stuff i see in ottawa and windsor later....just woke up, think im gonna remove the fly and leg extension stuff from bench...

dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10) dubble_a is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Body Solid Multi-gym FREE!! (Toronto)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398402950

nice...you can't beat free...

Bench press with Olympic weights plus extras (Hamilton)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398432041

for standard fans, .50/lb for plates:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398519336

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    What a great thread. I always scour Kijiji for good deals to add to my home gym and this makes it easier!

i watch it constantly, so i figured i could post things in here that i think are alright prices, but have no intention of getting....

Originally Posted by michaelstone View Post
    i watch it constantly, so i figured i could post things in here that i think are alright prices, but have no intention of getting....
    Same here, all my equipment came from kijiji except for a couple accessories. I just completed my garage gym.

Here are some good ones today

435lbs Olympic set for the price of a 300lb set (Burlington)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398481139

Leg extension machine (Toronto)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398495182

Olympic weights .50/lb!!! (Cambridge)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398465747

lol i was talking to the cambridge one thats why i didnt post it

My Garage Gym (Kijiji Deals)

Being canadian, it is hard to get deals like the south of us. But here are the following gym equipment I got for under $900!!

You just have to be quick and nice to people.

1. Body Solid G5S (retails $2000)
    -Trade
    -I got this from a middle age women would wanted to get rid of it. She offered $500 but I had just upgraded my nikon camera to a D5100 from a D60. I offered the D60 with an old prime lens. She threw in the mats too!

2. TKO Boxing stand with 75lbs heavy back and speed bag (along with gloves and ab wheel)
    -$20
    -Seller posted that he needed to sell it by weekend or will give it for free to his cousin. I jokingly sent an email I was his long lost cousin. Turned out he was leaving to live in L.A. and need to get rid of it. Gave him $20 for food before he left the next day

3. Proteus Power Rack
    -$60
    -Got it from a divorce sale. Ex-wife wanted to get ex-husband "crap out of the basement". Happily took that "crap". All it needed was some new paint and put to good use.

Before
    Got that Ironman Flat bench (Retail $159) for free btw, Kijiji again!!

After

4. Cemco/York Dumbbells
    -$560 (Includes $200 York 2-tier Rack and .29/lb)
    -Seller was an OPA (Ontario Physique Association) competitor. Moving and couldn't take them.

5. 300Lb weight set
    -$150
    -Seller just cleaning garage

6. Misc (Ab straps and home gym attachments)
    -$110

So there are deals out there. Hopefully this thread can help those who are on the hunt!

lol i was talking to the cambridge one thats why i didnt post it
    Sorry dude!!

those are some nice scores...i've been looking for a rack for months, haven't seen a price i'd be willing to pay for used though...so now i've switched my focus to dumb bells...but people ask stupid prices

those are some nice scores...i've been looking for a rack for months, haven't seen a price i'd be willing to pay for used though...so now i've switched my focus to dumb bells...but people ask stupid prices
    Ya man, again its luck sometimes and knowing how to deal with the sellers to your advantage.

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on plates, dumbbells, or I'd love to see a leg press machine come up.

Dumbbells from about 60-100 are next up for my home gym.

My ultimate score was a lat pulldown machine with attachments with a bunch of plates (like 250 pounds) and a set of 50 dumbbells for $100.

Northern Lights Complete Exercise Gym (Toronto) $600 obo for all these goodies

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398688505

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dubble_a View Post
    -I got this from a middle age women would wanted to get rid of it. She offered $500 but I had just upgraded my nikon camera to a D5100 from a D60. I offered the D60 with an old prime lens. She threw in the mats too!
    I think she got the better end of the deal. I've got a D60 and it works fine: lightweight, comfortable in hand, and 10.2 mega pixels are good enough for most people since they will give very clear pictures up to 11x14. Bodies sell for between $200 and $250 on ebay from good sellers.

You can't give those home gyms away by me, Because it's a BS it may have sold for $200 if you wait long enough. Seriously, it's the funny thing about how different markets are from one section of the U.S. to others and then to across the border. But the home gyms don't sell real well with less expensive models being just given away free, even powertec WB-MS rarely gets $400. Racks sell quickly, as do olympic sets.

I'm glad to see these posts as it helps to judge what stuff sells for up in the Great White North. Rock on dudes !
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I think she got the better end of the deal. I've got a D60 and it works fine: lightweight, comfortable in hand, and 10.2 mega pixels are good enough for most people since they will give very clear pictures up to 11x14. Bodies sell for between $200 and $250 on ebay from good sellers.

You can't give those home gyms away by me, Because it's a BS it may have sold for $200 if you wait long enough. Seriously, it's the funny thing about how different markets are from one section of the U.S. to others and then to across the border. But the home gyms don't sell real well with less expensive models being just given away free, even powertec WB-MS rarely gets $400. Racks sell quickly, as do olympic sets.

I'm glad to see these posts as it helps to judge what stuff sells for up in the Great White North. Rock on dudes !
    yup, definitely different up here. The WB-MS here sell no less than $1000 and the body solid g5s I got sell no less than $1200. So to me I got a better deal, but to each its own market lol.

not super great price but better than brand new, and im sure you can talk them down:

Olympic set Mississauga/Peel region $200

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398880512

Trap Bar & 230 LB's of Bumper Plates 1/2 price per lb (Mississauga)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398938499

nice...too bad they're not york, i'd scoop em up...

Thumbs up

nice...too bad they're not york, i'd scoop em up...
    Well the trap bar itself retails around $150 plus tax at treadmillfactory.ca It's definitely a good deal!

Thumbs up

Hex Dumbbells set with Rack $200 (Ancaster)

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ398970533

thanks for heads up, i just contacted them to see whats all there...

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dubble_a View Post
    Trap Bar & 230 LB's of Bumper Plates 1/2 price per lb (Mississauga)

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ398938499
    I'm interested... Sent off an email to them. Not sure I want to pay $250 still though. Thoughts? Any idea what brand the bumpers are? If I were to purchase bumpers now, I'd probably like to get more of the same now or in the future.

Edit: Whoops! Treadmill factory bumper plates. Anyone have any experience with these? Quality or just a house brand copy kinda thing?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

Originally Posted by trimble006 View Post
    I'm interested... Sent off an email to them. Not sure I want to pay $250 still though. Thoughts? Any idea what brand the bumpers are? If I were to purchase bumpers now, I'd probably like to get more of the same now or in the future.

Edit: Whoops! Treadmill factory bumper plates. Anyone have any experience with these? Quality or just a house brand copy kinda thing?
    no experience bro, but it is kijiji so everything should be price negotiable. I would bring it down another $50. Say for mileage reasons or ask the seller if he/she wanted to make a quick sale.