broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

6 Months of Lifting/Bulking Progress

Hi all, so I've been lifting for 6 total months so far and in the before pics I was 116.4 lbs and right now I'm hovering around 146 lbs. Also I am a bit over 5'7". I did take a hiatus from lifting and eating in between when I was busy during school. But anyhow, here's my progress pics below:

Before back:

Current back:

Some stats:

Height: A lil over 5'7"

Arms:
    Before -12 inches
    Now - 14.2 inches

Bench Press (1RM):
    Before - 100 lbs
    Now - 175 lbs

Squat (1RM):
    Before - 145 lbs
    Now - 250 lbs

Dumbbell Shoulder Press (3 sets of 5 reps):
    Before: 20 lbs each hand
    Now: 45 lbs each hand

What do you guys think? Should I keep bulking? Also does it seem like I store most of my fat in my back or something compared to front?

Thanks for any feedback guys!

KneeCaps Of Peace definedincline's Avatar
    definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) definedincline has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    gj keep on bulking clean bulking
    Last edited by definedincline; 07-21-2012 at 09:22 PM.

wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, you got too fat. Definitely stop bulking and cut or lower you calorie intake alot. Your gonna have to take a lot of time to lose the fat you gained in order to show off your muscle. I started at 5'8" 120 pounds a year ago. Now I am 5'9" and 151. I went from small as short to big and strong without the fat. I also only worked out for about 8 months out of that year cause of a cervical strain. You need to cut the calories or go on a cut. No need to gain so much excess fat. Though other than that good progress, don't give up, and most importantly, **** bitches, get ripped!

broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) broy7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Repped you guys

Originally Posted by wozzey View Post
    Dude, you got too fat. Definitely stop bulking and cut or lower you calorie intake alot. Your gonna have to take a lot of time to lose the fat you gained in order to show off your muscle. I started at 5'8" 120 pounds a year ago. Now I am 5'9" and 151. I went from small as short to big and strong without the fat. I also only worked out for about 8 months out of that year cause of a cervical strain. You need to cut the calories or go on a cut. No need to gain so much excess fat. Though other than that good progress, don't give up, and most importantly, **** bitches, get ripped!
    Ah yeah I'd definitely like to have more cuts in arms and back while still bulking like you did, thanks for the advice. Not really sure if I should start cutting or just make it a very slow bulk from now on. I still feel like im too skinny so maybe I'll just lower the calorie intake to not gain so much?

Also maybe I should start tracking protein count from now on as well, I normally just go for adequate protein intake each day and mainly cared about overall calories (I eat about 2600 cals a day). I think I was getting maybe around 120g of protein at my current weight of 146? Would raising this protein intake to 150 (1g/day) and keeping calories close to the same make it more lean gains?
    Last edited by broy7; 07-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.

wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by broy7 View Post

Ah yeah I'd definitely like to have more cuts in arms and back while still bulking like you did, thanks for the advice. Not really sure if I should start cutting or just make it a very slow bulk from now on. I still feel like im too skinny so maybe I'll just lower the calorie intake to not gain so much?

Also maybe I should start tracking protein count from now on as well, I normally just go for adequate protein intake each day and mainly cared about overall calories (I eat about 2600 cals a day). I think I was getting maybe around 120g of protein at my current weight of 146? Would raising this protein intake to 150 (1g/day) and keeping calories close to the same make it more lean gains?
    Taking in less calories won't slow your bulk at all. You started skinny and now got a but o fat on ya. That means for you activity level, height, and age your eating too many calories or too many fats and sugars. Try and eat a little healthier and make sure to get a bit less calories than you have been eating. Maybe 200-300 less. Who cares how small you are now or if you feel small. If you workout clean for about a year your progress will be amazing and you shouldn't have much fat. I'm guessing you read about bulking and thought you needed some excess fat too gain muscle, you don't. Granted you will gain a little more (maybe 5-10 pound of muscle a year) but you will have to spend a ton of time cutting the fat away again. My advise for you, cut the calories and junk food. Get about 150-200 grams of protein (easy through regular eating and protein shakes) and make sure to train hard and regularly. And good luck, you obviously gained some muscle and strength as well so don't worry about that.

Good luck bro!

Originally Posted by wozzey View Post
    Taking in less calories won't slow your bulk at all. You started skinny and now got a but o fat on ya. That means for you activity level, height, and age your eating too many calories or too many fats and sugars. Try and eat a little healthier and make sure to get a bit less calories than you have been eating. Maybe 200-300 less. Who cares how small you are now or if you feel small. If you workout clean for about a year your progress will be amazing and you shouldn't have much fat. I'm guessing you read about bulking and thought you needed some excess fat too gain muscle, you don't. Granted you will gain a little more (maybe 5-10 pound of muscle a year) but you will have to spend a ton of time cutting the fat away again. My advise for you, cut the calories and junk food. Get about 150-200 grams of protein (easy through regular eating and protein shakes) and make sure to train hard and regularly. And good luck, you obviously gained some muscle and strength as well so don't worry about that.

Good luck bro!
    Ah okay I see gotcha, thanks for these tips man. I will try to eat very healthy now then and up my protein ratio, hoping everything goes well!

TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Definitely an improvement, but you went too fast. A lot of excess fat that you could have avoided

LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionRiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ate too much... simply lower your calories by a hundred or so and just keep doin yo thang

Wall Just got 10ft Higher Mitch666's Avatar
    Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mitch666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    **** these perpetually skinny *******s. You did ok, maybe a bit to fat but whatever. I'd hold weight for awhile if I was you. Bump your protein intake wayyyy up. go for 200g a day minimum.

Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shebbyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dat dere dreamer bulk
    Top Supplement Reviews - SupplementRaters.com

500+ repback always

Workout Log -- 5/3/1 -- Acquire Mass, Maintain Symmetry.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143662073

NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah you added a lot of fat...not worth it cause cutting will take so much longer. I went through this also i gained 15lbs and it was a lot of fat. so i lost the weight and stared again now i have gained 15lbs over a few months and wayyy less fat still sitting at same BF% as before the bulk

iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50) iworkouti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you should cut.
    " a person's a person, no matter how small"- Dr Suess.

Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hughsey1995 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by broy7 View Post

Good job op, yeah you gained fat, but you also gained strength and put on some muscle. Definitely keep on bulking, but just reduce calories by say 200 a day or something to try and reduce fat gains (although some fat gain is inevitable) and try to get around 1.5g protein per lb body weight.

Good luck OP!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Getting back into lifting log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169043963

ThatLefty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatLefty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatLefty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatLefty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatLefty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatLefty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Now I am 5'9" and 151. I went from small as short to big and strong without the fat."
    lol you call 5'9 151 big and strong?

fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fxoqxc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ThatLefty View Post
    "Now I am 5'9" and 151. I went from small as short to big and strong without the fat."
    lol you call 5'9 151 big and strong?
    lol this

lol at holocaust survivors giving out advice

@OP: keep bulking brah. people like you can cut that fat in less than 2 weeks seeing as how you started at 110lbs