mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Best type of massage for a bodybuilder?

I've only ever had one massage but I am on the verge of booking another... on the website I see a few different types of massages. I was wondering if a deep tissue massage is good for what I do (I lift things up and put them down, lol). Any suggestions?
    "Maximal muscle growth is not about lifting maximal weight. That's called powerlifting and it's separate - albeit a related endeavour. The goal of a powerlifter is to lift as much weight as possible. The goal of a bodybuilder is to use as little weight possible to provide maximal muscle-building response." - Flex Magazine

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be warned, a deep muscle massage will make you kinda sore. May be best to have a day or two off from training.

Two days latet you will feel like a god tho..

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Be warned, a deep muscle massage will make you kinda sore. May be best to have a day or two off from training.

True^^.
    Deep tissue massages are great but if done correctly they hurt like hell while being done. A day or 2 later and you are still a bit sore, after that though you will feel much better.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100) zedx is not very well liked. (-100)
    There is no best type. Best is subject to opinion. An an opinion can get you killed in a bar. but in a massage parlor the worst you can ask for is a happy ending. So my answer would be a happy ending is best

fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fn257 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My wife and daughters gave me a gift certificate for a massage for my bday. Never had one before and have been wondering the same thing myself. I was leaning towards the deep tissue myself.
    O35 5'8" Crew

There is no future in dwelling in the past.

A man is about as happy as he sets himself out to be.

A man can learn something new everyday if he wants to.

theripper1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi , there is a few questions u need to answer yorself prior deciding what type of massage would be more beneficial . Do u have any issues that u need to adress to you therapist- muscle restrictions,thight spots,limited range of motion ect..? In my practice if the client says he got thigt spots in his/her upper back , i spend more time adressing this particular issue using techniques like trigger point therapy,acupressure or deep tissue. If you are just to relax sweedish massage will be best .
    Certified Massage Therapist

http://rippedsixpackabs.net

https://www.********.com/Rippedsixpackabs

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mellie369 View Post
    I was wondering if a deep tissue massage is good for what I do (I lift things up and put them down, lol). Any suggestions?
    Yes, deep tissue massage is wonderful for people who like to lift big things up and put them down.

Originally Posted by djflex View Post

Yeah, it's like training itself, if your body isn't used to it, it'll be sore, especially from deep tissue massage. ( My wife is a licensed massage therapist, after a while your body adapts and experiences the benefits without being sore ).

Good luck.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I like shiatsu myself
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a believer of deep tissue.
    I feel anything else does not serve any other purpose than feeling good right there w no prolonged effects.
    Deep tissue does NOT feel good while its done. It can be taxing. But OH so worth it. I do deed tissue 1ce per month and I swear (internally) all the way through it.

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zedx View Post
    There is no best type. Best is subject to opinion. An an opinion can get you killed in a bar. but in a massage parlor the worst you can ask for is a happy ending. So my answer would be a happy ending is best
    I`m sorry, maybe I`m just cranky but I don`t even find that funny. Maybe you didn`t realize I am a woman. Anyways... thanks for the suggestion just the same but I will pass on that.

As for everyone else - thanks! I think I will go for the deep tissue. If I am going to pay for something, it will be for more than just relaxation - I`d like to tap into some potential benefits for my body!
    "Maximal muscle growth is not about lifting maximal weight. That's called powerlifting and it's separate - albeit a related endeavour. The goal of a powerlifter is to lift as much weight as possible. The goal of a bodybuilder is to use as little weight possible to provide maximal muscle-building response." - Flex Magazine

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good call to go for deep tissue massage, OP. I've experienced it when I was young. The woman who trained me for some bodybuilding shows in the late '80s was a massage therapist. I have to say it was particularly painful at first, though. I swear, it felt like she was getting her fingers into my shoulders and lifting up the muscles! Still, multiple sessions did wonders for me.

I wish, now, I could find a massage therapist that I could trust as much as her to do this very important work. I visit a chiropractor who has a massage therapist who rents from him, maybe I'll try her. Maybe I can convince my wife to take it to the next level. See, problem is, it aint cheap and no insurance covers it for me.

Good luck. Good choice.

sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500)
    A good massage parlor will have you fill out and answer an extensive questionnaire, and be honest.

Questions will range from the silly:

'Do you mind if we touch your bum?"

to serious:

'Do you have any back injuries? If so please be specific.'

A feel good massage is just that; no lasting anything. Doesn't help with anything but doesn't hurt either.

Deep tissue is the way to go. But you need to be super careful, make sure your masseuse is qualified in what he/she is doing. When they start to wrench on your neck you'll know what I mean. Some of this stuff can be potentially dangerous.

Yes, as stated the deep tissue should hurt; if it doesn't they're not doing it right (my first visit I was almost in tears, and I still have to breath out loud when it feels like her fingers are making my muscles bleed). But after a few constant visits (I go every Friday) the constant soreness will go away. You will start to feel the effects immediately.

What I do now is get 1.5 - 2hrs. That way I can get a good hour of deep tissue and another 30-45 minutes of 'feel good'.
    http://blog.bodybuilding.com/sargeek1975/

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mellie369 View Post
    I've only ever had one massage but I am on the verge of booking another... on the website I see a few different types of massages. I was wondering if a deep tissue massage is good for what I do (I lift things up and put them down, lol). Any suggestions?
    Deep tissue by far. Especially if you have any kind of tightness in muscles or even any strains or pulls. A really good place I have found (not all over the nation) is called Airrosti ( http://www.airrosti.com/ ). If you ever have any kind of injury I recommend going. Most insurance covers it also. I have also heard of ART http://www.activerelease.com/ but never have used it.
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada