PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

In the Morning: Coffee, Caffeinated Tea (green), or other?

I tried cutting out coffee all together because I drink it with too much sugar and cream, so I went about 5 days without it and felt pretty crappy in the morning trying to get my work done. My head was foggy and I had a hard time concentrating, so I was thinking of switching to caffeinated Green Tea (I've drank it in the past and enjoy it, but always seemed to go back to getting coffees in the morning).

So my question is have any of you that were reliant on caffeine completely cut out coffee and switched to something better or gotten rid of it from your daily lives successfully?

Or should I just get used to drinking it black? If so, how many cups a day are preferably the max? Right now I drink about 2-6 cups (your average ceramic coffee cup size) a day.

I drink nothing else but water and occasionally I'll grab an Arizona Iced Tea or something like that from a store, never soda.

I want to make some sort of change because I know the sugar and cream is not good for me, cutting out soda months ago has been great, so I was hoping to eventually do the same for coffee. Thanks in advance.

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude, use splenda or another type of sweetener lol.

And for soda, go for diet sodas.

You can have all the coffee and soda you want then with practically an irrelevant cal count.

And use milk instead of cream... but what's bad about cream? If you can fit it in your macros then use it.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lites10 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I recently switched to decaf, trying to cycle off of caffeine for a while to curb my dependency (I was drinking ~3 liters a day), but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just like the taste too much to give it up completely. I use stevia as a sweetener, and 2% milk, but if you can fit cream into your macro's there is nothing wrong with it.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pop a caffeine pill, problem solved.

PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlasmaCutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by layarph View Post
    Dude, use splenda or another type of sweetener lol.

And for soda, go for diet sodas.

You can have all the coffee and soda you want then with practically an irrelevant cal count.

And use milk instead of cream... but what's bad about cream? If you can fit it in your macros then use it.
    Thanks for the reply, but diet soda / artificial sweeteners / aspartame and what not, those just taste like total ass to me and I'd rather drink water or my coffee black, but I see what you're saying.

Originally Posted by Lites10 View Post
    I recently switched to decaf, trying to cycle off of caffeine for a while to curb my dependency (I was drinking ~3 liters a day), but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just like the taste too much to give it up completely. I use stevia as a sweetener, and 2% milk, but if you can fit cream into your macro's there is nothing wrong with it.
    I was thinking about mixing half decaf and half regular in the pot and slowly getting away until i don't feel the need for caffeine anymore, would much rather wake up and have a clear head naturally from a good sleep then immediately thinking about putting the coffee pot on.

auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000)
    if its not black its not coffee! Just get used to black. Its wonderous! I average 2-8 cups a day and usually have to talk myself out of more. My wife has been known to sneak vanilla protein powder into her coffee if she runs outta creamer. She claims its good. But who knows she married me so shes obviously insane.
    Bleed success. Eat. Sleep. Mate. Defend. – Jim Wendler.

4/24/14 I was one of the 337 unfortunate souls. Never forget.

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    black coffee has appetite-suppressing qualities with zero calories (if that's what you're going for) as well as health benefits.
    Johns Hopkins '16

SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by texicus View Post
    black coffee has appetite-suppressing qualities with zero calories (if that's what you're going for) as well as health benefits.
    Do you have a study? I've seen caffeine mentioned a lot of time as an appetite suppressant, but have yet to find any study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21346100

Pbmiyagi91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink green tea ALLL day, pretty much with every meal. Caffeine content is good plus it is amazing for you

applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) applebob1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i mostly drink green tea, it has 0-2 calories per 100ml and its full of anti-oxidants