Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Mike182112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Shoulder Pain, How to heal PROPERLY??

Hey everyone, Im not exactly a new member. I used to get alot of help from these forums when I was 15 years old just starting out with weight lifting. Im now 23 years old, my situation is this, I will simplify this as much as possible to prevent a long boring post. As I progressed through the years I sustained an injury to my left shoulder; had an MRI done revealing a minor tear( I do not remmeber exactly what part of the shoulder, but the doctor said it was hard to see) I was around 19 at the time. Over the next few years the pain went away and i went on a serious bulk. I was doing ridiculous amounts of weight on exercises that do not require much weight at all. Like 75lb dumbells for side delt raises. I gained alot of muscle A year later I have been experiencing intense shoulder pain in the left shoulder. When I wake up in the morning I can hardly move my arm without a deep, dull pain. The pain is only noticeble when i raise my arm to the side. Fearing that I made the tear much worse during this bulk, I went back to get another MRI, only to learn that the tear had actually HEALED.... the doctor was in a hurry and did not have time for many questions, So I am turning to the forums to see if anyone has experience with shoulder pain that was intense but not torn. I took a week off and it did not make a difference. I have changed my routein since then using 15-20lbs max and proper form on everything. I also sleep on my side with arm under pillow, the thought had crossed my mind that sleeping in that position all of my life could be contributing, although its never givin me problems before.

- what could be causing this pain?
    - how can recover?

Any input and personal experiences would be greatly appretiated! I appologize for the grammer in this post.

Stats: 6'2", 228 lbs
    OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit OfficerRodFarva's BodySpace
    how did you remember your login info without ever posting since may 2011

edit: read the post, sounds like you need to go to a physio for your rotator cuff.

Registered User spagheticatbrah's Avatar
    spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spagheticatbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mike182112 View Post
    Hey everyone, Im not exactly a new member. I used to get alot of help from these forums when I was 15 years old just starting out with weight lifting. Im now 23 years old, my situation is this, I will simplify this as much as possible to prevent a long boring post. As I progressed through the years I sustained an injury to my left shoulder; had an MRI done revealing a minor tear( I do not remmeber exactly what part of the shoulder, but the doctor said it was hard to see) I was around 19 at the time. Over the next few years the pain went away and i went on a serious bulk. I was doing ridiculous amounts of weight on exercises that do not require much weight at all. Like 75lb dumbells for side delt raises. I gained alot of muscle A year later I have been experiencing intense shoulder pain in the left shoulder. When I wake up in the morning I can hardly move my arm without a deep, dull pain. The pain is only noticeble when i raise my arm to the side. Fearing that I made the tear much worse during this bulk, I went back to get another MRI, only to learn that the tear had actually HEALED.... the doctor was in a hurry and did not have time for many questions, So I am turning to the forums to see if anyone has experience with shoulder pain that was intense but not torn. I took a week off and it did not make a difference. I have changed my routein since then using 15-20lbs max and proper form on everything. I also sleep on my side with arm under pillow, the thought had crossed my mind that sleeping in that position all of my life could be contributing, although its never givin me problems before.

- what could be causing this pain?
    - how can recover?

Any input and personal experiences would be greatly appretiated! I appologize for the grammer in this post.
    This website has advice for shoulder recovery.

WHOAH right on the same website.

And you can find it out of the misc without making a new thread [srs]

Stats: 6'2", 228 lbs
    OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OfficerRodFarva has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit OfficerRodFarva's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by spagheticatbrah View Post
    This website has advice for shoulder recovery.

WHOAH right on the same website.

And you can find it out of the misc without making a new thread [srs]
    why you gotta be a dick? your post history is mom jokes and jimmy rustling comments.

Stats: 5'11", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3778
    condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) condorhb60 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit condorhb60's BodySpace
    S&P
    Cologne Crew
    Running Crew

Ready to place your first Bonobos for chinos and/or great fitting shirts? PM for a referral and save $25.
    Indochino referral for $75 suit discount: http://share.indochino.com/x/t5LElp

Stats: 6'2", 190 lbs
    Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schmyzz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Schmyzz's BodySpace
    you know what helps shoulder pain?

if you lick my butthole
    atg

Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000) Stumpdog is a complete loser! (-2000)
    It sounds like you've dislocated your grundle. Go see a doctor. Tell him to take a close look at your mucketbush.

Registered User MenaceToSociety's Avatar
    Stats: 5'8", 176 lbs
    MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MenaceToSociety has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit MenaceToSociety's BodySpace
    Do you workout your rotator cuffs?
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

"Life is what you make of it"

500+

Mike182112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I may have been mistaken it may have been john stone fitness forums i used to post at.. not really sure but i know i got alot more serious responses. thankyou for anyone who replied, I have a 3lb weight at home for some light rotator cuff work. I never got around to using it. Is that something you should do every night or every other night? I guess i was looking for anyone who has had a similiar issue and weather or not a time out of the gym healed it. I dont want to spend months out of the gym and loose all progress just to find out that it was something else.. i dunno