ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation "IF" Intermittent Fasting Question...

Currently been trying IF for the last few weeks and am thoroughly enjoying it seeing as I don't enjoy eating breakfast anyway.

REad up on leangains.com and seems to be much emphasis on consuming majority of your calories POST-WORKOUT. As I work 9-6 I can only train in the evenings and as I break the fast at 1pm consuming a majority of calories post-work does not work for me given my work times (I have to finish eating all my calories by 7pm).

Therefore, the only post-workout meal I have is just a whey shake at about 7pm...

Does anyone else do IF this way (majority of calories pre-workout) and if so have you still been getting the gains you expected with regards to fat loss?

Thanks.

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did this for a little when I was in school, absolutely no change whatsoever, your body's probably still in the process of digesting those pre workout meals anyway OP and as long as you actually eat after your workout w/ a decent amount of protein you'll be good cuz
    Johns Hopkins '16

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i am testing large late night meals now but im eating at 5:30/6pm and hit bed about 9pm right now. doesnt seem an issue. i try not to over 1200 cals for last meal and i love it.

i may mess with larger PRE meals but i just look forward to watching some tv with some ice cream at night. lawl
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well that's the thing I break the fast at 1pm, get the rest of my calories in after I finish work at 6pm, then head to the gym and train for an hour where I finish at about 7ish and down a protein shake. So basically the only post-workout I'm getting is a 2x scoops of whey.

Here's hoping the nutrition timing is irrelevant when it comes to IF and rather the fasting period which holds the significant importance….

Any other answers would be appreciated.

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ovahdryve View Post
    Well that's the thing I break the fast at 1pm, get the rest of my calories in after I finish work at 6pm, then head to the gym and train for an hour where I finish at about 7ish and down a protein shake. So basically the only post-workout I'm getting is a 2x scoops of whey.

Here's hoping the nutrition timing is irrelevant when it comes to IF and rather the fasting period which holds the significant importance….

Any other answers would be appreciated.
    i'm assuming 2 scoops of whey = around 40g protein which is more than enough for a post workout meal followed by a fast
    Johns Hopkins '16

dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansari will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is important to get your largest meal post WO. I don't understand why you have to finish all your meals by 7 pm. If that's the case, why don't you break the fast at 11 am, then you can eat a big meal at 7 pm?
    Supplement reviews, ratings, price comparisons, and ingredient database - www.Supplementarium.com - www.********.com/Supplementarium
    Only Android app dedicated to user-contributed supplement reviews - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.substancereviews.android

SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I confused. Why can't u eat after 7pm??

Seem to be some stupid reason that u r stopping yourself

alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alinonu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    i am testing large late night meals now but im eating at 5:30/6pm and hit bed about 9pm right now. doesnt seem an issue. i try not to over 1200 cals for last meal and i love it.

i may mess with larger PRE meals but i just look forward to watching some tv with some ice cream at night. lawl
    My second meal and the largest is at 8 pm and it's around 2000cals haha. Going to bed at 11 pm.

Was trying to make a smaller eating window for better results then again seeing as leangains advocates an 8 hour feeding window guess I could have my biggest meal post work out, as I finish work at 6, get home at about 8 and then can have a shake, another meal, plus snack all in one which would indeed be the majority of my calories.

Could anyone PLEASE tell me why the majority of calories NEED to be consumed post-workout. I can't seem to find any relevant information concerning this, cheers.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ovahdryve View Post
    Could anyone PLEASE tell me why the majority of calories NEED to be consumed post-workout. I can't seem to find any relevant information concerning this, cheers.
    It's an attempt to maximise muscle protein synthesis. Due to the speed of digestion (up to 12hr for a large meal) and the length of time MPS is elevated (up to 48 hours after workout), this is not terribly important. As long as you don't take things to extremes and put a single meal a day offset from training by 12 hours then you are probably going to be OK.

joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joey2506 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    plus, having a larger meal before going to bed means you won't wake up hungry like you would if you're only having a protein shake.