Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loose skin...

d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    125lbs in 6 months isthisreallife?

gjdm holy sh*t

Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    After ~270lbs lost in 11 months, I have made the decision to have the surgery. I have had several consultations with doctors and they all agree it is the only option to correct #1. the hanging pannus and #2. the musculature that has seperated and loosened from years of obesity. It is becoming an unhealthy obsession for me because the loose and hanging skin is masking results which in turn keeps me striving to push to get lower and lower on the scale...only problem is I don't have the base to support going lower and not looking sickly. Time for a reboot...August 6th is my final pre op consultation and surgery will follow in less than a month.
    ^^Former 400+lb Crew^^
    August 23rd 2011 - 469.8lbs
    August 23rd 2012 - 201.4lbs

truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500) truushot is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Crooktele79 View Post
    After ~270lbs lost in 11 months, I have made the decision to have the surgery. I have had several consultations with doctors and they all agree it is the only option to correct #1. the hanging pannus and #2. the musculature that has seperated and loosened from years of obesity. It is becoming an unhealthy obsession for me because the loose and hanging skin is masking results which in turn keeps me striving to push to get lower and lower on the scale...only problem is I don't have the base to support going lower and not looking sickly. Time for a reboot...August 6th is my final pre op consultation and surgery will follow in less than a month.
    Can you give us an idea of what procedures you are having done and the associated costs? It would be greatly appreciated.

Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000) Crooktele79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by truushot View Post
    Can you give us an idea of what procedures you are having done and the associated costs? It would be greatly appreciated.
    I will know for sure what I am having done after my last consult, but what I am leaning towards right now is a standard tummy tuck(abdominoplasty) with lipo of the flank/love handle area. $6-7k money wise. I also have the option of an extended abdominoplasty that would go pretty much all the way around to my spine...$8-10k and a much more painful/lengthy recovery.
    ^^Former 400+lb Crew^^
    August 23rd 2011 - 469.8lbs
    August 23rd 2012 - 201.4lbs

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bullrider_IL View Post
    5. Skin firming lotion and tan up: I was out tanning myself everyday using skin firming tanning lotion it does exactly what its called, firms the skin
    Stay away from harsh detergents, such a sulfates in soaps, shampoos and dishwashing liquids, limit your sun exposure and stay away from tanning booths, and limit your exposure to hot and chlorinated water — all of these things will decrease skin elasticity. Quick and dirty tip: If you swim for fitness, use soap and shampoos that are specially designed to remove chlorine.
    Hmmm.

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Voxmusculus View Post
    Hmmm.
    yeah, i saw that too, but there is SOME info in there with potential lol
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

PaulWall1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulWall1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulWall1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump
    Long Live Compression shirts.

Surgery is for quitters. I'm doing this naturally.

NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Crooktele79 View Post
    Congrats on the success of losing 270 lbs in such a short time. I have an opinion, and I hope it comes across the right way....

Wait on the surgery. You seem like a 'go big or go home' or 'all or nothing' type of personality. You even stated it's becoming an obsession...... having your pendulum swing from one extreme to another is not healthy. You need to find a middle ground man.

You are trying to sprint when you should be digging in for the marathon....: 270 pounds lost in 11months, no real muscle base built, lost excess fat soooooo fast that your skin is loose........and now running off to have surgery because you are literally obsessed with a goal of aesthetics. There have been a few members that shared their experience with the surgery and it can be nasty man - and you will still find major flaws as odd pockets of fat will drive you nuts. One young guy lost 80 or so pounds, got the surgery (full body) and came out looking mishaped with incredible scars.

My thoughts (cause I'm looking at loose skin too) - is to hold the course. Lift for a solid year, keep cutting and the diet in check. If you can legitimately build up your muscle base, get down to a real-world 9-11% BF - then you deserve to get that surgery because you have accomplished 100% of what you can natureally. Anything short of that and you are looking for a "FIX IT NOW" shortcut that, candidly, will not yield the results you want. Build muscle, burn off all remaining fat.....that way....any future surgery will be far more effective and you will have a better chance at being pleased with the result. If you do it in your current "Sickly"-state (your word) then you most likely will come out looking the dreaded "skinny fat"....but with significant scarring and a odd shape due to various fat deposits not targeted in your procedure.

Most of all, GJDM and good luck

RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have to agree with NHSport. You and I as former super heavyweights won't ever have the skin return to normal on its own. But it can improve, a lot. I have looked at so many before/after pictures, stories, etc, that I have really concluded the best results, by far, are for those that minimized the excess tissue on their stomach through fat loss and muscle gain. The ones that were 200+ lbs and could still have lost another 30-40 lbs seemed to have less than stellar results with the surgery. This makes sense as they are cutting out more skin and fat, the body will generate a lot of inflammation and scar tissue, not to mention the surgeon has a more difficult time with contouring for aesthetic purposes. I'm not just saying this to be negative, I had gyno surgery a year ago. Would I do it again? Yes, of course, since the breast tissue was never going to go away on its own and my chest plays a larger role in my identity as a man than my stomach does. But my chest is somewhat numb now and has a weird sensation, 1.5 years later. I'm still paying it back, and while the skin is tight (I didn't even have any skim removed), I wonder if he went too far since my chest seems sunken when I raise my arms. Eventually I'd like to do something about my stomach, but in terms of aesthetics, only the guys that were at 10% or lower body fat seemed to have great results with their tummy tuck.

My stomach has improved/shrunken a lot just from when I was 185 last year to 165 this year. It's not really a surgey you would want to have done twice, or have revisions to, so I would advise to set yourself up to have the best possible results.

IVAN305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IVAN305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IVAN305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wonder if loose skin only occurs or typically occurs in 100 pound+ weight lost?

btw my wife is getting a tummy tuck later down the road i had no idea the cost would be so high :<}

PaulWall1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulWall1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PaulWall1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump
    Long Live Compression shirts.

Surgery is for quitters. I'm doing this naturally.

marcostarting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I realise this is a very late reply, but to whoever else sees this thread, I would recommend looking for all alternative options available, before any surgery. To me personally, I think there should be ways, nutritional for example, perhaps along with other ways to deal with excessive loose skin, such as intense training, therapy, creams (?) - other than surgery. But that is me thinking that skin may have some way to rebound, and reverse the years of stretching that occurred, I obviously may be wrong, just a thought. Anyhow I'm no expert on this, just giving my advice. Good luck.
    Last edited by marcostarting; 05-03-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I lost 100 lbs three years ago and have literally given up. I've since put on 20-30lbs lifting and eating. Keeping active and such. My arms and legs you can only pinch skin, but stomach and chest I grab handfuls of skin. I've been lifting for the past two years and while my back, biceps, arms, legs have all grown really nicely, I will never see six pack or a nice chiseled chest without surgery. I'm almost thinking of holding off on a tummy tuck though just because at least I can hide the skin if I pull my swim shorts or underwear up over the skin flap. My stomach doesn't look as bad as I think it does according to other people who've seen me without my shirt. My chest however is indeed saggy and I have gyno in a bad way. I'm hoping just the removal of the breast tissue and some lipo will cure it and not skin removal is needed. Last thing I want is to look like I went to the butcher....

Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ramborage View Post
    I lost 100 lbs three years ago and have literally given up. I've since put on 20-30lbs lifting and eating. Keeping active and such. My arms and legs you can only pinch skin, but stomach and chest I grab handfuls of skin. I've been lifting for the past two years and while my back, biceps, arms, legs have all grown really nicely, I will never see six pack or a nice chiseled chest without surgery. I'm almost thinking of holding off on a tummy tuck though just because at least I can hide the skin if I pull my swim shorts or underwear up over the skin flap. My stomach doesn't look as bad as I think it does according to other people who've seen me without my shirt. My chest however is indeed saggy and I have gyno in a bad way. I'm hoping just the removal of the breast tissue and some lipo will cure it and not skin removal is needed. Last thing I want is to look like I went to the butcher....
    Surgery and then some awesome tatts?

calooper is on a distinguished road. (+10)

wrinkles

please reply. I'm a teen and I've been doing cardio and I have wrinkles in every place that I've lost fat. should I keep working out till I get to 10 percent body fat or?

JfS15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Question

Hey guys,

i Have been reading your post about loose skin, here i post my pictures of the before and after and i wanna ask you if is neccesary a surgery. Thanks

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JfS15 View Post
    Hey guys,

i Have been reading your post about loose skin, here i post my pictures of the before and after and i wanna ask you if is neccesary a surgery. Thanks
    Get an examination and proper diagnosis from a Dermatologist; no one on an internet forum can provide such information.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733