wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dorian Yates workout program

Hey everyone today I started the dorian yates blood and guts 6 week trainer! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm I will be updating this thread with progress pics either each week or two weeks until completion. I am interested on comments on my starting physique and maybe how anybody else has improved from this workout routine if any? Also maybe what your diet was like well doing it I only weigh 145 right now and by the end of August I'd like to be at least 155 of muscle. Oh and I actually bled from pushing so hard on my last set of decline bench press lol just kinda funny happen to anyone else? :P
    Attached Images

wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump any thoughts?

danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how did you bleed? lol might wanna limit the blood in the gym for sanitary reasons.

the workout looks solid, make sure you eat a lot. i like the splits, but you gotta see how your body reacts to it. remember, its not dorian yates' real routine, so dont be surpirsed if the results are underwhelming. try it for the 6 weeks, then try one of the beginner programs on the forum (depending on your goals), and see which works better for you
    B/S/D
    390/575/660
    The challenge is the diet. The lifting is all done in your head. Physically resist temptation; mentally, don't let yourself fail.

tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wannabmuscle View Post
    Oh and I actually bled from pushing so hard on my last set of decline bench press lol just kinda funny happen to anyone else? :P

i assume you mean from your ass ? thats nasty bro

EdwardHitler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tech99 View Post
    i assume you mean from your ass ? thats nasty bro
    Lol

Yeah, take that nonsense elsewhere please, bumbleeder.

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a pretty advanced routine. If I were you I'd do something with more frequency but I doubt I can change your mind.

Updating the thread with progress pics every 2 weeks might be a little redundant. Every 6-8 weeks might be more appropriate. Also try not to gain more than a pound a week.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dorian Yates is seriously HITT-right now Im not willing to do it, ive done it in the past, it takes so much intensity every workout

anyways if you want to intensity workouts do 2 sets per exercise per bodypart 3-4 exercises per bodypart

Chris Aceto in championship bodybuilding lays out a beginning routine that i think is excellent, its a book worth getting
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Originally Posted by danamerican View Post
    how did you bleed? lol might wanna limit the blood in the gym for sanitary reasons.

the workout looks solid, make sure you eat a lot. i like the splits, but you gotta see how your body reacts to it. remember, its not dorian yates' real routine, so dont be surpirsed if the results are underwhelming. try it for the 6 weeks, then try one of the beginner programs on the forum (depending on your goals), and see which works better for you
    idk there was just blood rolling down the side of my head for a couple secs it was wierd prob popped a pimple er somethin lol, and ya I know it isn't his real routine so I'm not expecting to become dorian yates afterwards. Already did SS and I've been powerlifting for a year and a half got a 325 squat 350 dead and a 205 bench so I wanted to try something a little more difficult. Thanks for the reply.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wannabmuscle View Post
    idk there was just blood rolling down the side of my head for a couple secs it was wierd prob popped a pimple er somethin lol, and ya I know it isn't his real routine so I'm not expecting to become dorian yates afterwards. Already did SS and I've been powerlifting for a year and a half got a 325 squat 350 dead and a 205 bench so I wanted to try something a little more difficult. Thanks for the reply.
    A 205 bench just isnt strong enough to see gains from that style of lifting. Its one thing for DY to do one all out set of incline benches at 405, its anther thing when you do it at 115 or so. Focus on strength first and compound lifts - if you bother to read Dorian's book that is how he got started, he didnt use this style for a couple of years afterwards.

32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100)
    I loved that workout. I did it for 12 weeks last year and gained about 30lbs and added about 80lbs to my bench. Of course, i was pinning so who knows if the workout was great or the **** i was on was great?

nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzmusclez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I found great results from it. Although i've tweaked it a bit. I used it for powerlifting :P So I've stretched the rest times for as long as I need. Changed some of the exercises. Really only kept the 1 set 8-10 rep kind of idea from him. And hitting the muscle of different exercises (Flat, Incline, Decline) etc.

I do this twice a week. I love it.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's a good routine, but there are others out there. Take a look at blood and guts ( the black and white version where Yates is training for the the Mr.O) and A week in the Dungeon, where he trained Mark Dugdale. There's a lot of overlap, but also some differences. You could probably get away with more volume as well. Also, you could look at utilizing rest-pause, drop sets, and static holds to increase the intensity.
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer