Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)

Supplement recommendation for strengthening ligament/tendon repair

My knees give me trouble if I breathe on them hard, and I'm being as careful as possible with them when I workout. For now, they're doing good, but I want to stack the odds in my favor by taking a supplement(s) to help strengthen any ligaments and tendons in the knee area. I also have a left pec twinge that doesn't seem to want to go away and that's keeping me from going heavy in the bench. Basically, I want to do anything to give me an edge in recovery. Has anyone taken anything that seems to help in that department?

turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) turkeyhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    My knees give me trouble if I breathe on them hard, and I'm being as careful as possible with them when I workout. For now, they're doing good, but I want to stack the odds in my favor by taking a supplement(s) to help strengthen any ligaments and tendons in the knee area. I also have a left pec twinge that doesn't seem to want to go away and that's keeping me from going heavy in the bench. Basically, I want to do anything to give me an edge in recovery. Has anyone taken anything that seems to help in that department?
    I take Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM all in one pill, and fish oil. It's all supposed to help joints, I do notice a small change when I take it. What seems to help the most is rest, sleep, and stretching on my off days.

BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLaaR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't forget water.

For the knees, you really should look into doing some single leg work, lunges / single leg squats etc. Those help strengthening the knees.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If your knees are as bad as you say they are, speak to a doctor. Therapy and/or prescription medication may be the best alternative.

Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cissus and fish oil. Cissus is very helpful, works better than anything I've tried. With hip replacement and knee surgery, i've tried everything. I no longer need nsaids because of it.

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Josann View Post
    Cissus and fish oil. Cissus is very helpful, works better than anything I've tried. With hip replacement and knee surgery, i've tried everything. I no longer need nsaids because of it.
    I just added this as well. Orange Triad multi, fish oil, flax oil & Osteo BiFlex are my daily supps.

Was taken off the arthritis meds last year. Staying hydrated and staying in motion is the key for me. Prolonged sitting (car or desk) is verboten.

Last edited by DubfromGA; 07-19-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post
    I just added this as well. Orange Triad multi, fish oil, flax oil & Osteo BiFlex are my daily supps.

Was taken off the arthritis meds last year. Staying hydrated and staying in motion is the key for me. Prolonged sitting (car or desk) is verboten.
    Never heard of cissus, but I'll look into it. I also read that vitamin C helps with ligaments and tendons - and it appears to be a good daily vitamin to take anyway, much like fish oil.

Can somone recommend a specific product for cissus, something that Walmart or GNC carries? Is it pricey?
    Last edited by Tricon7; 07-18-2012 at 05:13 AM.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Vitamin C
    As far as soft tissue repair is concerned, ^^^^ this is the only thing I'm aware of that might be of benefit in supplemental form. C is a component used by the body to manufacture collagen, the basic material used to hold cells together.

Other than making sure you're getting adequate C, the other obvious goals are to make sure you're getting adequate macros/calories and micronutrients every day from your regular meals.

It should also go without saying to train on a balanced routine that provides adequate recovery of all muscle groups/body parts.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YYZgeddylee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my number one joint supplement is homemade bone broth, amazing stuff

I saw at Sam's Club that they sell one vitamin C product - 500 tablets for $6.98. I'm gettin' some this weekend, that's for sure. Simply Right Natural Vitamin C with Rose Hips 500mg - 500 ct.

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by turkeyhawk View Post
    I take Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM all in one pill, and fish oil. It's all supposed to help joints, I do notice a small change when I take it. What seems to help the most is rest, sleep, and stretching on my off days.
    Adding to that: take L-Lysine, L-Arginine, a cal-mag combo, vitamin d3, massage/heat, and at least eight hours of rest/sleep.

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Invest in some knee sleeves. They provide a bit of support and add warm to the area. Seems to help mine.

Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had a bicep tendon rupture and found Cissus immediately following. Awesome Stuff. Even seems to help level blood chemistry and it actually gives me a sense of well being.
    The first and the best victory is to conquer self. To be conquered by self is, of all things, the most shameful and vile. — Plato

RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tendons don't repair easily due to poor blood flow there. Some transdermal patches that promote flow of blood can help like the ones used for angina, nitroglycerin patches. They have been clinically tested and found to help. Google this and you'll find how it is to be done.

Artificial Intelligence Krash23's Avatar
    Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Krash23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MSM powder for me, but have taken the chondroitin/glucosamine mix in the past with my shoulders.

Originally Posted by YYZgeddylee View Post
    Care to elaborate please?

m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Zoosh View Post
    I had a bicep tendon rupture and found Cissus immediately following. Awesome Stuff. Even seems to help level blood chemistry and it actually gives me a sense of well being.
    When did your injury happen? Proximal or distal tendon? I ruptured my distal biceps tendon a month and a half ago. I tried cissus, but it upset my stomach too much to keep taking it. I'm taking some other supplements instead that we're not allowed to discuss here.

Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by m314 View Post
    When did your injury happen? Proximal or distal tendon? I ruptured my distal biceps tendon a month and a half ago. I tried cissus, but it upset my stomach too much to keep taking it. I'm taking some other supplements instead that we're not allowed to discuss here.
    srry for the late reply..distal w/a split in the bicep head itself. straight thru!! MRI was unique looking. No surgery on the tendon rupture as it wasn't complete and in some way the muscle splitting seems to have saved the tendon. Now before some med DR. jumps me and tells me that isn't totally correct or pics or it didn't happen..this is my understanding of the ortho. and I'm still healing. On this cissus, I tried the loose version mixing it with my protein and it was fantastic but HAAARD to taste. I went to the capsule and I haven't had any problems. Just make sure to take it on a full stomach. I almost wish I had done the surgical repair. The muscle is coming back nicely but the shape is slightly different though strength levels are returning.

Good luck with your rehab and repair!!
    The first and the best victory is to conquer self. To be conquered by self is, of all things, the most shameful and vile. — Plato

DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DubfromGA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by YYZgeddylee View Post
    Lulz.

I unleashed inhuman amounts of this yesterday.

Walking tall and swinging easy all day today.

srry for the late reply..distal w/a split in the bicep head itself. straight thru!! MRI was unique looking. No surgery on the tendon rupture as it wasn't complete and in some way the muscle splitting seems to have saved the tendon. Now before some med DR. jumps me and tells me that isn't totally correct or pics or it didn't happen..this is my understanding of the ortho. and I'm still healing. On this cissus, I tried the loose version mixing it with my protein and it was fantastic but HAAARD to taste. I went to the capsule and I haven't had any problems. Just make sure to take it on a full stomach. I almost wish I had done the surgical repair. The muscle is coming back nicely but the shape is slightly different though strength levels are returning.

Good to hear the mending is progressing well.
    I may look like Santa Claus.....but I'm feeling like Elvis...........

mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwilson49 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have bad knees also and the sleeves that were mentioned above has helped me a lot. The exercises I do them are mainly lunges and single legs squats. You can also do recumbant bike and just jogging in the pool

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    7 weeks ago I tore my right rotator cuff very painfully while doing weighted DIPs. I am using Super Cissus and Omega 3s with great results. I've been through other tears/joint problems and used the same approach with complete success. The 1st month I megadose the Cissus at 3 caps 3X daily just before meals, by the 2nd month it's 2 caps 3x, then 2..2X til I hit my regular 2X a day maintenance level by the 4th month. Along with it I always, ie year round, take 6.3 gms of Omega 3s. I'm an old fart around here but still yesterday I was healed well enough to hit a max of 3 reps @ 460 on my Rack Deads. No problem for my shoulder. I'm even doing Weighted Pull Ups and Front Plate Raises again. The stuff works but I believe it helps a lot to megadose on the front end and then gradually cut back. Good luck and good health.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    7 weeks ago I tore my right rotator cuff very painfully while doing weighted DIPs. I am using Super Cissus and Omega 3s with great results. I've been through other tears/joint problems and used the same approach with complete success. The 1st month I megadose the Cissus at 3 caps 3X daily just before meals, by the 2nd month it's 2 caps 3x, then 2..2X til I hit my regular 2X a day maintenance level by the 4th month. Along with it I always, ie year round, take 6.3 gms of Omega 3s. I'm an old fart around here but still yesterday I was healed well enough to hit a max of 3 reps @ 460 on my Rack Deads. No problem for my shoulder. I'm even doing Weighted Pull Ups and Front Plate Raises again. The stuff works but I believe it helps a lot to megadose on the front end and then gradually cut back. Good luck and good health.
    Three capsules three times a day seems like a lot - not that I'm necessarily against it. Is there a suggested dosage that the product recommends? How much is a bottle of the Super Cissus?

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The cost per bottle depends on where you buy it. I've seen from $25 to $45. I pay less than $27 at a very reliable natural health supplier. As for dosage, I have seen up to 4 caps a day listed as the regular dosage. The megadosing seems to kick start the healing faster IMHO. I am just going on almost 10 years of experience using Cissus and preferably the Super Cissus to heal bone, joint, ligament and tendon problems for me, my, wife, family and friends. It's been very effective at these levels. It's seems more effective and more quickly so than traditional allopathic surgery and meds for us. A lot less expensive as well.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    The cost per bottle depends on where you buy it. I've seen from $25 to $45. I pay less than $27 at a very reliable natural health supplier. As for dosage, I have seen up to 4 caps a day listed as the regular dosage. The megadosing seems to kick start the healing faster IMHO. I am just going on almost 10 years of experience using Cissus and preferably the Super Cissus to heal bone, joint, ligament and tendon problems for me, my, wife, family and friends. It's been very effective at these levels. It's seems more effective and more quickly so than traditional allopathic surgery and meds for us. A lot less expensive as well.
    I definitely want to try it when I can scrape the money together. I did some online research on it and *most* people love it, but it's funny how a few say that it does absolutely nothing for them and not to waste one's money on it. I guess I'll have to find out for myself. I'm also recommending my parents try it (they turn 75 this year).

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)

Hey day

I take the amino acids lysine, arginine, carnitine, and tyrosine. I was doing 90lb. dumbbells curls and E-Z curling 180lb. All natural!!!

m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) m314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Have you changed your workout plan since the injury? I've read stories from people with partial tears that ruptured fully a year or two later when they were lifting heavy. I guess it depends on how much of the tendon was torn vs. how much remained intact.

I lost just over 2" on my left arm from being in a cast for 6 weeks. It's starting to come back now with light exercise. I'm about halfway through the recovery process so far. It won't be the same shape again, but in time it should be just as strong as the right arm.

I went to Walmart to get some cissus (preferrably "Super-Cissus") after work. The guy in that department had never heard of cissus, and remarkably, neither had the pharmacist(!) It looks like it's going to be the same price at GNC vs. ordering it from Amazon and paying shipping costs. I may check Target.....

I went to Walmart to get some cissus (preferrably "Super-Cissus") after work. The guy in that department had never heard of cissus, and remarkably, neither had the pharmacist(!) It looks like it's going to be the same price at GNC vs. ordering it from Amazon and paying shipping costs. I may check Target.....
    I order lots of natural vitamins online at Vitacost.
    Dutch

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive been investigating supplements for over 10 years and have written a book about them too. I have never seen a study showing that glucosamine, chondrotin or MSM helps tendons or ligaments. same goes for fish oil too. These supplements are for osteoarthritis (bones).

I am hard pressed to think of a supplement that helps ligaments or tendons.

Have you been to the doctor about your pec or knees? If not that is what I recommend.
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post
    Ive been investigating supplements for over 10 years and have written a book about them too. I have never seen a study showing that glucosamine, chondrotin or MSM helps tendons or ligaments. same goes for fish oil too. These supplements are for osteoarthritis (bones).

I am hard pressed to think of a supplement that helps ligaments or tendons.

Have you been to the doctor about your pec or knees? If not that is what I recommend.
    Joe
    I don't doubt your conclusion about there being no studies, but I read the reviews at Amazon on the Super Cissus product, and it rates quite positively as far as results go from people who have taken it. I imagine there could be some rigged reviews which are posted by product-employees or something, but all 51 reviews?

http://www.amazon.com/Usp-Labs-Super...uper+cissus%22

An independent review.

http://zajachealthandfitness.com/201...sus-rx-review/

I'm surprised that neither GNC nor Walmart carry this product - or have even heard of it *scratches his head in puzzlement*. I plan on getting a bottle of this off Amazon with tomorrow's paycheck, so I should know before long if it has any effect on me.

[Note: I think people are assuming my knees are worse than they are. I get warning twinges when I start to go even slightly heavy in squats or leg press, so I immediately back off in order to prevent (another) injury. It's not pain enough to have me go to a doctor, but it's enough to keep me from doing any meaningful leg exercises to build size, which is frustrating].
    Last edited by Tricon7; 08-09-2012 at 09:27 AM.