Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Starting over at 40

Not workingout, but life in general. Wife and I have been small town people since birth. Living here our whole lives. We have had the bug to move for years and 2 times in the past have tried. Once when she was prego with our 1st only lasted about 4months, and the last time in 03 only lasted 3 weeks..

The 3 week move was because of our house we kept here while moved to Oklahoma trying to keep 2 places..Didnt work out..So we moved back..And in 06 we took our 1st vacation to Las Vegas Nv..loved it and wanted to move there ever since. Went back in 11 and still loved it. SO much to see and do. All we have here are fishermen,hunters,fat lazy rednecks. And for a small town its filled with drugs/alcohol and with nothing to do to keep people busy thats what most people end up doing..even the kids..We never hang out with family. We have no friends left...so..we feel its time.

We are in for a huge change. AND Its something I feel ive needed for a long long time..In good spirits and I hope for everything to work out great..I know the grass isnt always greener on the other side. BUT its long been burnt with me here in my home town and there really isnt any grass in Vegas..lol...

Has anyone else done this drastic of a move around 40ish or later? Did you feel you did the right thing? AND yes even hope to start over workingout after we get settled,work sets in and daily life hits..I feel like ive aged about 10 years since quitting, physically and mentally..and im not even kidding..I really feel OLD now for the 1st time in my life..im no longer young fun crazy active strong Mike..just old and beat down..SO im really hoping things work out..I want MIKE back..

Thought I would fill you all in a little...

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know there are more drugs and booze in vegas then in your town so thats just something to consider.

You can do it, people do it all the time. just have your ducks ina row before you go like a job, house, that sort of thing.

Jons are scarce in vegas, one of the hardest hit economies so get one before you go.

i will eventiually move there myself. not that i love gambling all the time, its just that there is always something to do.

i say go for it.

be sure to pay attention to what oart of town you are moving into, there are some real nasty places there.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    You know there are more drugs and booze in vegas then in your town so thats just something to consider.

You can do it, people do it all the time. just have your ducks ina row before you go like a job, house, that sort of thing.

Jons are scarce in vegas, one of the hardest hit economies so get one before you go.

i will eventiually move there myself. not that i love gambling all the time, its just that there is always something to do.

i say go for it.

be sure to pay attention to what oart of town you are moving into, there are some real nasty places there.
    yea got ya on the drugs and such...thing is in our small town thats what there is to do..NOTHING ELSE..kids are bored. We have Walmart,Lowes,a ton of car washes,a couple of food stores,ect..thats IT..nothing..SO they hang out,get in trouble,ect..Its worse here now then when I was younger. Kids have changed so much...my oldest graduates next year and my youngest has 2 years left..I know its a crappy time to move them but we are just so spent here. Their gma/gpa live there so that makes up for some leaving..lol..

AND I have a job already..just have to fill out application. My momINlaw works for a government mental type place.."yea me working there.."...and she is getting me on as an orderly I think? SO...that is like 100% different from anything ive done..

Im hopeful..as a small SMALL town guy, I realize there is so much out there to see and do..I just want to live before I die you know? Thanks and maybe one day we'll meet up out there..have some BK and talk..

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    The 3 week move was because of our house we kept here while moved to Oklahoma trying to keep 2 places..Didnt work out..So we moved back..And in 06 we took our 1st vacation to Las Vegas Nv..loved it and wanted to move there ever since. Went back in 11 and still loved it. SO much to see and do. All we have here are fishermen,hunters,fat lazy rednecks. And for a small town its filled with drugs/alcohol and with nothing to do to keep people busy thats what most people end up doing..even the kids..We never hang out with family. We have no friends left...so..we feel its time.

We are in for a huge change. AND Its something I feel ive needed for a long long time..In good spirits and I hope for everything to work out great..I know the grass isnt always greener on the other side. BUT its long been burnt with me here in my home town and there really isnt any grass in Vegas..lol...

Has anyone else done this drastic of a move around 40ish or later? Did you feel you did the right thing? AND yes even hope to start over workingout after we get settled,work sets in and daily life hits..I feel like ive aged about 10 years since quitting, physically and mentally..and im not even kidding..I really feel OLD now for the 1st time in my life..im no longer young fun crazy active strong Mike..just old and beat down..SO im really hoping things work out..I want MIKE back..

Thought I would fill you all in a little...
    Why do you want to start working out again? I thought the entire reason you quit was because you were "hurt" and lifting weights was only making it worse?

As far as moving -- I've moved all over the country in the last 15 years or so. My first big move was from a tiny town with only a few thousand people, to New York City ... That was a hell of a change. It is always a little awkward at first, but you adapt.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Audaces fortuna iuvat BillReilly's Avatar
    BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been all over and you adapt quickly. The thing to remember is why you are moving. Whatever the reason, the new place will make it worse. The reason is you no longer have the familiar bravo sierra around to fool yourself. In other words, if you move to get away from something, that thing will be waiting for you on the other end, and it will be really pissed.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good luck Mike.
    David

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wasn't 40, but I was 32 when we moved from our small hometown in Oklahoma to the Kansas City area. Best thing we ever did. We're in the post-war suburbs, so the immediate neighborhood feels sort of like a small town, and we're not in far-out suburbs of McMansions. We are close enough in to make a 10 or 15 minute drive downtown for shows, events, great dining, etc., and about 30 minutes from major league sports -- baseball, football, soccer, and Nascar.

If you want to make the leap from a very small town to Las Vegas, go for it... but you know there are many other medium sized cities that offer most of the amenities of a place like Las Vegas, and are prettier cities to live in. Las Vegas is a vast, sprawling dessert with oppressive summer heat and mile after mile of look-alike neighborhoods. It would be low on the list for me. I guess I just like a city with more history behind it, and with four distinct seasons. But you have to do what's right for you, and if you have a job lined up in Vegas, that's probably a good reason to move there.

Another thing to consider: You should check into the cost of living and find out what kind of place you can afford on what you'll make as an orderly. Many cities that were hit hard by the housing crash have high rent prices. I don't know about Vegas, but you better look into it.

Originally Posted by tobymax123 View Post
    I wasn't 40, but I was 32 when we moved from our small hometown in Oklahoma to the Kansas City area. Best thing we ever did. We're in the post-war suburbs, so the immediate neighborhood feels sort of like a small town, and we're not in far-out suburbs of McMansions. We are close enough in to make a 10 or 15 minute drive downtown for shows, events, great dining, etc., and about 30 minutes from major league sports -- baseball, football, soccer, and Nascar.

If you want to make the leap from a very small town to Las Vegas, go for it... but you know there are many other medium sized cities that offer most of the amenities of a place like Las Vegas, and are prettier cities to live in. Las Vegas is a vast, sprawling dessert with oppressive summer heat and mile after mile of look-alike neighborhoods. It would be low on the list for me. I guess I just like a city with more history behind it, and with four distinct seasons. But you have to do what's right for you, and if you have a job lined up in Vegas, that's probably a good reason to move there.

Another thing to consider: You should check into the cost of living and find out what kind of place you can afford on what you'll make as an orderly. Many cities that were hit hard by the housing crash have high rent prices. I don't know about Vegas, but you better look into it.
    thanks for the reply...i loved it in vegas..I love the heat.its a dry heat. where I live in TN its been over 100 PLUS high humidity like 90% or better..The prices out there really arent much different from here. Food ,gas same..only thing really different is, your car tags "From what my inlaws have told me" are based on the worth of your vehicles...which to me is dumb..but whatever..lol..And yea I have a job waiting..PLUS i want to hike in the mountains and canyons ect..AND I guess if it sux and we cant handle it, we have our income tax next year to fall back on and get out..
    we were torn between Vegas and Gulf Shores..we like both of those places...2 very different areas..both nice..Well, we'll see how it goes soon...im looking forward to a change and i know my wife is too..

Originally Posted by BillReilly View Post
    I've been all over and you adapt quickly. The thing to remember is why you are moving. Whatever the reason, the new place will make it worse. The reason is you no longer have the familiar bravo sierra around to fool yourself. In other words, if you move to get away from something, that thing will be waiting for you on the other end, and it will be really pissed.
    I dont think we are wanting to get away from anything OR maybe we are? I just know we have nothing here. Might as well try something new before we get to old or die, which ever comes 1st..

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does your wife dance? Plenty of opportunities if she does...
    I'm a sad little man

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Why do you want to start working out again? I thought the entire reason you quit was because you were "hurt" and lifting weights was only making it worse?

As far as moving -- I've moved all over the country in the last 15 years or so. My first big move was from a tiny town with only a few thousand people, to New York City ... That was a hell of a change. It is always a little awkward at first, but you adapt.
    you are right...I did get hurt workingout..but..Im hurting as much now mentally and physically so, might as well hit the iron again and earn my pains..and I wont be going for size and lbs like I use to..just good over all health and fitness..and yea..I think thats just it, we have to adapt..been here our whole lives, so any time you go anywhere you have to adapt..lol

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just wanted in on the thread before it's deleted by Mikie.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Just wanted in on the thread before it's deleted by Mikie.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would love to move. My wife is from P.R. and still has family there. I keep hoping that an opportunity will pop up, however nothing yet. I guess it all depends on your perspective. Some people love change, some dread it.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    I would love to move. My wife is from P.R. and still has family there. I keep hoping that an opportunity will pop up, however nothing yet. I guess it all depends on your perspective. Some people love change, some dread it.
    Yeh, fewer government handouts there?
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Oh Snap!! Tried to rep, on spread.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000) gray73 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Got him for you.
    Tough Times Don't Last-Tough People Do.

Approximately Accurate GregariousWolf's Avatar
    GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GregariousWolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I kind of feel like I'm starting over. Divorced, new job, new place, new (or at least different) car, different friends, different bank account balance (lower lol).

I get to figure out who I am, I guess.
    Thin privilege is why Samwell Tarly is a steward and not a ranger.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Am I missing something here?
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Life is what you make of it. So make it good. Some things you can't outrun.

Good luck.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Not sure.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Depends, are you a good mod or a bad mod?

Note line above stolen and altered from Wizard of Oz.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Not sure.
    Then fill me in on what you meant by the comment.

Depends, are you a good mod or a bad mod?
    Note line above stolen and altered from Wizard of Oz.
    I'm the mod that tries to be fair with folks, but whose patience is running real thin with members taking pop shots at other members unprovoked (and I don't care who that member is).

Hope that clarifies.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Then fill me in on what you meant by the comment.

Puerto Rico allows fewer government handouts than the continental U.S.

Puerto Rico allows fewer government handouts than the continental U.S.
    Quit trying to clown me. Cut the BS.

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Go for it Mikey, and if you don't love this place keep on looking. I bet the bright lights of vegas will get old quick, but the desert, mountains and canyons will entertain you for years.

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Go for it Mikey, and if you don't love this place keep on looking. I bet the bright lights of vegas will get old quick, but the desert, mountains and canyons will entertain you for years.
    thanks man..looking forward to the change up..I feel its going to be quite refreshing after the initial shock is over.

Vegas would be one of the last places I would move to right now. The housing market is in a complete shamble, and the job market is just as bad unless you are involved in the construction of casinos.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vegas would be one of the last places I would move to right now. The housing market is in a complete shamble, and the job market is just as bad unless you are involved in the construction of casinos.
    Umm, no. There are at least five dead in the water casino projects sitting empty.
    I'm a sad little man

Quit trying to clown me. Cut the BS.
    Not trying to "clown" you. It's not about you. And there is no B.S. about it at all. But, I will stop. I recognize doing this in another person's thread is not cool. I like you as a mod for the record. Straight shooter