Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kongol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to get parents to be healthier, but won't listen

I was a fat kid growing up, but I discovered dieting and exercise and it changed my life. I want to get my family fit and healthy now because they are clearly overweight and unhealthy. The only problem is that they are too stubborn and (lazy?) to listen to my advice. They keep on buying junk food even after time and time again I tell them the bad effects it has on health. I am entering the health field in a few years, and they have seen my transformation, but I just don't understand why they don't want to listen to me to be healthier and live longer.

Has anyone dealt with a situation like this and ended up with good results?

eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eriram is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And they probably won't listen. You're much better off modeling you're behavior and don't get too preachy. Eventually they'll probably come around...but then again maybe not. Don't beat yourself up about it.
    Last edited by eriram; 07-16-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Alan Aragon: http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2009/11/22/wisdom-wisecracks

Layne Norton: I've never added more than 12 lbs of muscle in a year and most years it was closer to 5 or less. But when you maintain that for over 10 years and you don't miss workouts, it's amazing what can happen

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good results? No.. I have family that literally has been through MULTIPLE surgerys for cancer, heart problems, etc.. and they STILL do not change their ways. And anytime we are out eating or having dinner, I get flamed for what I eat. So, you can only lead a horse to water, not make them drink.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    People need to make desicions on thier own. Let them live thier own lives.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Striving for fitness and health is an internal drive and, regardless of how impassioned and logical your arguments may be, if your parents aren't ready to make the change, they will not.

Stay health and fit, and if/when they're ready to change, help them.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Kongol View Post
    I am entering the health field in a few years........

....... I just don't understand why they don't want to listen to me to be healthier and live longer.
    If you plan to enter "the health field," you'd better get used to dealing with such attitudes.

You can't change anyone but you, OP.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eriram View Post
    And they probably won't listen. You're much better off modeling you're behavior and don't get too preachy. Eventually they'll probably come around...but then again maybe not. Don't beat yourself up about it.
    ^^^ This.

Just lead by example, and more of your family will be encouraged when they see results.

I know this from personal experience. Now I don't consider myself the leanest guy around, but 2 of my family members started exercising regularly after they saw the kind of improvements I had made.
    Dirty Leb Crew
    US Army Infantry 2009-2013 'Murica

nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My roommate is the same way. He is obese and has high blood pressure among other health problems at 27yrs old. He eats out EVERY meal, either fast food or other restaurant. Tired many times to help him by cooking healthy and going to the gym but he dont give 2 fuks about it. Oh well, I just let him live how he wants and if he wants help he can come to me.
    The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now out numbered by those who vote for a living.

Misc Firearms Crew
    Bicycle Crew

Terrified of Bulking Flashkicker's Avatar
    Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO, people are threatened by what they consider to be different. No one in my family said a damn thing when I was pounding food and blimping up to 280 lbs as a sophomore in High School, but everyone gives me **** non-stop for being 180lbs. Makes me laugh that they flame me for being at a healthy weight. Guess I have to repeat what was said above. If they want to trade health for food, it's completely their choice.
    Disregard aesthetics, acquire skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGtn68dX-iw

Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dre4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty much agree with everyone here. I'm in the same situation, its their bodies that they are destroying not mine.
    Oakland Raiders--Toronto Raptors--Toronto Blue Jays--San Jose Sharks
    UNC Tarheels--FSU Seminoles

Fresh BVB 09 Supporter

Canadian Crew

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my wife and I have been eating smart, counting calories for the last 10 months, we've been lifting heavy for the past 6 months or so...I've lost almost 70 pounds, she has lost 25 (she was much better to start with lol)...our neighbors eat horribly and are very overweight. They have been asking us for months "what are ya'll doing, how do you do it?!?!"...I tell them.

Then we went to the beach with them a few weekends ago. They literally ate a snack or fast food every 3 hours throughout the weekend.

Here we are a couple months later and its still "what are ya'll doing, how do you do it?!?" and I tell them again.

I got them a FREE 1 month gym pass. my wife took the other girl in there and showed her how to squat, deadlift, and press.

the month has expired, the girl went to the gym one more time in a month. the guy went zero times.

this past weekend "what are ya'll doing, how do you do it!??!?!" and now they have added" I am eating less carbs"..."I don't eat after 8pm"...its always things to justify their current behavior..

the other night after a few beers I almost lost my chit when the girl is talking about how she loves peppermint patties (the frozen kind) and is like "I hear they are good for you, because peppermint is good for you". I said "PEPPERMINT IS GOOD FOR YOU! PEPPERMINT WRAPPED IN 600 CALORIES OF CHOCOLATE AND ICE CREAM IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!.

I give up. They don't want it. We do. Its simple.
    Stern Crew

Terrified of Bulking Flashkicker's Avatar
    Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flashkicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    "I am eating less carbs"...
    I lol'd. Strong diet hahaha

My uncle is diabetic, so yesterday he took some icing off of a birthday cake and stated "I don't want to give myself a sugar overload". Don't worry he replaced the icing with extra ice cream hahaha
    Disregard aesthetics, acquire skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGtn68dX-iw

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Flashkicker View Post
    I lol'd. Strong diet hahaha

My uncle is diabetic, so yesterday he took some icing off of a birthday cake and stated "I don't want to give myself a sugar overload". Don't worry he replaced the icing with extra ice cream hahaha
    it seriously drives me ape****. but you know what? everyone has been lied to for so long that I can hardly blame them. that is exactly what these folks would do.

they also drink those Arizona flavored drinks at about 350 calories a can. like, thats all they drink all day.
    Stern Crew

jonstoppable has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sure everyone's gone through something like this before. Literally 30 minutes ago, I tried to explain to a friend that cardio isn't some magic fat burning entity, and that the only way she was going to lose weight was to enforce some kind of CR.

"But my doctor told me all I have to do is some cardio and I'll be fine. Everyone says cardio will make me lose weight."

She's the same type of girl that won't touch a barbell, because she's afraid of getting jacked...

Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000) Broseph82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sit down and watch the documentary [Forks Over Knives] with them. This is very informative on health and not pushy nor preachy. The more you preach to them the more they will revolt. Open their eyes with information that isnt forcing something on them.

2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My family is exactly the same, I always tell my mother to stop drowning the food she cooks in oil, she immediately gets mad. I usually opt to cook my own meals because I don't want 4349 tbsp of oil absorbed in my food that would add like 1000 cals. Yeah she gets offended when I rather cook my own food but oh well. She always makes up some excuse like " this is healthy oil no trans fat blah blah " & I constantly explain to her idc how much trans fat it has its just too many calories. She doesn't listen so until she decides she wants to listen I'ma just let her little self take her " diet pills " ( that have NOO affect whatsoever ) and drool over those commercials where the bishes dance to lose weight and tell me she's gonna buy the dvd.
    -----------------------------------------

Screw a summer recomping ,
    Currently Lean Bulking

Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kadisha is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 2pointO View Post
    My family is exactly the same, I always tell my mother to stop drowning the food she cooks in oil, she immediately gets mad. I usually opt to cook my own meals because I don't want 4349 tbsp of oil absorbed in my food that would add like 1000 cals. Yeah she gets offended when I rather cook my own food but oh well. She always makes up some excuse like " this is healthy oil no trans fat blah blah " & I constantly explain to her idc how much trans fat it has its just too many calories. She doesn't listen so until she decides she wants to listen I'ma just let her little self take her " diet pills " ( that have NOO affect whatsoever ) and drool over those commercials where the bishes dance to lose weight and tell me she's gonna buy the dvd.
    I don't know man. With your stats you might want to eat her food anyway.
    Dirty Leb Crew
    US Army Infantry 2009-2013 'Murica

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP my family is the same, just let me them eat what they want, you just focus on yourself.

My family use to flame me at the start but now they have adapted to it that i cook my own meals and like to weigh my own ****.

My family doesnt care anymore that i weigh food and avoid eating with them except for once a week, they kind of support me now. Dad makes sure i get my chicken breasts he buys in bulks for me fish, tuna and chicken.

Bottom line OP focus on yourself!
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ataglance1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tell them about IIFYM

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude, my mom is the EXACT same. she dumps "olive oil" in everything. When I tell her to stop putting so much she just says, "but its good for you". I keep telling her the calories between that and the "regular bad oil" are the same but she won't listen. sigh...

Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat4Suby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    but honestly, even though i was never fat, i do remember what its like to not care about what you eat. I used to eat wendys, mc donalds, taco bell and not give a flying f**k about the grade z meat i was consuming haha. And i know how those people feel...they simply just don't care. now, if i was really over weight it would be different. I understand some people have problems with weight (ex slow metabo...diseases and such which makes it hard for them to maintain weight), but those fat ppl that just eat and stuff themselves all day...i don't know how they live with them selves.

2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2pointO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kadisha View Post
    I don't know man. With your stats you might want to eat her food anyway.
    Haha , yea I know. Came off a 1st time cut small and skinny fat, but I'm slow bulking right now as I don't want to gain TOO much fat atm since its still summer. I want to control my surplus of calories as much as I can. I will go crazy in winter though don't get me wrong lol

Originally Posted by Flat4Suby View Post
    dude, my mom is the EXACT same. she dumps "olive oil" in everything. When I tell her to stop putting so much she just says, "but its good for you". I keep telling her the calories between that and the "regular bad oil" are the same but she won't listen. sigh...
    -_- tell me about it. Tried telling my mom only a tablespoon or two is necessary or use PAM , but she snaps at me at takes the bottle and starts POURING .

Currently Lean Bulking

haha, i keep telling her that if I wanted an extra 350 calories I would MUCH rather get it from a mc donald's cheeseburger or a big ass slice of cake/ice cream/cookie or what not rather than bland plain oil in my salad.

brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brokenclock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They can't refuse to listen if you bind them to a chair and lock them up in a dark room. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by brokenclock View Post
    They can't refuse to listen if you bind them to a chair and lock them up in a dark room. Just sayin'.
    haha, thats just weird man

Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mongo81X has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had the same problem with my mother, I made her a bet that if she listened to everything I said for one month I could get her to lose 10 pounds, help her sleep better, and increase her energy levels. I got her the free app myfitnesspal for her phone, told her how many cals/macros to eat and made her do 3 fb workouts a week in my home gym. Well it worked, after one month she dropped 11 pounds and feels better then she has in years and now she's hooked. She even asked me if she could lift more then 3 times a week lol. So sometimes a bet/challenge is the trick, btw if I lost it would have sucked I bet that I would clean her house for a month.

Originally Posted by Mongo81X View Post
    I had the same problem with my mother, I made her a bet that if she listened to everything I said for one month I could get her to lose 10 pounds, help her sleep better, and increase her energy levels. I got her the free app myfitnesspal for her phone, told her how many cals/macros to eat and made her do 3 fb workouts a week in my home gym. Well it worked, after one month she dropped 11 pounds and feels better then she has in years and now she's hooked. She even asked me if she could lift more then 3 times a week lol. So sometimes a bet/challenge is the trick, btw if I lost it would have sucked I bet that I would clean her house for a month.
    Would love to do this with my mother, but she comes home to tired, and says the way I dieted down I " sacrificed" to much. The only thing i sacrificed was mcdonalds , and chinese take out, soda and tropicana juice . . and I count calories . She wants to kill me for being healthy SHEESH .

Currently Lean Bulking

egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500)
    the only thing that made my family change their eating habits despite me for years trying to get them to do so is when something shocking happened in my family (my sister was diagnosed with diabetes) this made them change their entire lifestyles as they "feel responsible for having fed you poison for years" but like most have said most change is individual. You cant force someone to change and trying to do so will probably accomplish the opposite
    I rep back

Would love to do this with my mother, but she comes home to tired, and says the way I dieted down I " sacrificed" to much. The only thing i sacrificed was mcdonalds , and chinese take out, soda and tropicana juice . . and I count calories . She wants to kill me for being healthy SHEESH .
    people with vices like to have other people with vices sometimes, even relatives.
    Stern Crew

soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerkid621 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To much real life ITT
    Cortland State 2013

NY Mets, NY Giants, US Soccer