ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can someone critique on my deadlift? Any tips?

Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iechine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello sir, you've got a lot of curve going on that lift that I dont like. Try dropping your hips lower so you can compress your lower back, and squeeze your upper back tight so that it all moves as a unit and doesnt buckle when you go to lift.
    USN Active Duty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2TwdHWB-A < - My new Weights record for metal fans.

ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Iechine View Post
    Hello sir, you've got a lot of curve going on that lift that I dont like. Try dropping your hips lower so you can compress your lower back, and squeeze your upper back tight so that it all moves as a unit and doesnt buckle when you go to lift.
    Appreciate the tip. Any other tips someone can offer?

RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RW2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A couple things:

As has been said, there is too much rounding in the back. In addition to dropping the hips, really focus on keeping your chest up. It's not enough to just lift your head up, because the back will still round. If your chest is up before the lift starts, it'll lead to a better, more neutral back. Also, you look kind of relaxed just prior to starting the lift. One thing I do to avoid that is get my feet into position, grab the bar, then as I'm moving my hips back and squatting down, I'm putting upwards tension on the bar. That helps me keep my whole body tight. As soon as I get to where I need to be, the 'slack' so to speak is out of the bar and my arms, and I lift.

Just something to try I guess.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajymerced View Post
    Man just told you how to deadlift, pretty much.

Yeah, keeping your chest up is a good idea too, but that'd be a tip that's a lot easier to overemphasize to make your back uneven again. Just be careful, and try to keep your glutes facing out in stretch while you lower your hip.

evalenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evalenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evalenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evalenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evalenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) evalenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey mate,

lots of rounding with the lower back.

you gotta correct that by:
    improving your set up and pre-tensioning

check this article out:
    t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=5173924

should help put things into perspective.

shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shono is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ajymerced View Post
    personally that seems like a safe amount of curve, as long as the curve is mainly upper back. but for light weight, you should focus on form. as stated by the second poster.