ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sunflower Seeds, Good or Bad?

I've recently gotten addicted to sunflower seeds. Should I be worried about the amount of salt? Which brand has the least amount of salt?

sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sunflower seeds aren't bad if you can fit them in your macros, the macros in sunflower seeds are pretty similar to the nuts, and if you don't wan't the salt in them just go to your local grocery store and buy them in bulk either raw or dry roasted.

ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ovaltine123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not keeping track of my macros or on a diet. I just try and eat healthy. They only put how much salt the kernels have, but you absorb the salt in the shells too. I'm just wondering if theres a crazy amount of salt in sunflower seeds.

cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cazca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's not a problem with consuming "to much" sodium. Drink more water or eat more potassium and the extra salt you've consumed won't matter.

Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ovaltine123 View Post
    I've recently gotten addicted to sunflower seeds. Should I be worried about the amount of salt? Which brand has the least amount of salt?
    OP think of it this way. Do you really want to eat something that just came from a freaking plant? Have you seen how dirty the ground is where they grow? On top of that, they are loaded with sodium.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not keeping track of my macros or on a diet. I just try and eat healthy. They only put how much salt the kernels have, but you absorb the salt in the shells too. I'm just wondering if theres a crazy amount of salt in sunflower seeds.
    So you just practice food avoidance, and for all you know your diet could be deficient in a vareity of things essential for health and you have no clue if your optimal needs for training, muscle growth or fat loss are being met?

jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500) jwenn1908 is not very helpful. (-500)
    get low sodium ones. they have anywhere from 50% to 75% less salt than your average packet

the only problem with having an addiction to sunflower seeds is that it can fuuuck up your teeth

ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10) ENSLAVER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good or bad can only be used in the context of the rest of your diet.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/3077/2

They are extremely high in Vit E and other minerals and vitamins. Note the Sodium is pretty much 0 if you buy unsalted seeds. They have plenty of fat, protein and fiber. I eat them daily.

Originally Posted by jwenn1908 View Post
    get low sodium ones. they have anywhere from 50% to 75% less salt than your average packet

the only problem with having an addiction to sunflower seeds is that it can fuuuck up your teeth
    How do they mess up your teeth?

esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    unless you have some pre-existing conditions don't worry about salt. it's good for you..

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I've been eating seeds for 30 years. Last fall, I stopped eating them because I thought they were bad for me, and I developed a chronic neurological illness.

seedless diet: not even once

I like to get the brand called Nuts Online. My father was a seeder before me, and his mother before him.

Planters are good if you like that overly roasted taste. David are a good generic standby.
    If you want to try something interesting, try some Israeli Sunflower seeds. They're gigantic.

They are pretty much my favorite snack
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

brosiedon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gemuadrken View Post
    OP think of it this way. Do you really want to eat something that just came from a freaking plant? Have you seen how dirty the ground is where they grow? On top of that, they are loaded with sodium.
    But the foods we eat with all these chemicals in them are entirely better.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by brosiedon View Post
    But the foods we eat with all these chemicals in them are entirely better.
    Ya think they were waiting a year for your answer ?