Registered User SameSongandDanc's Avatar
    SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000)

can a medication possibly destroy your metabolism and defy common sense?(Srs)

Can it make you completely defy the law of thermogenics. im asking because ive been cutting for a bit over a month now and im on a medication(olanzapine) that is known to make you gain weight. my weight hasnt changed this past month where I have been really strict about my diet and exercising. Even if i messed up a bit i should have lost 4 pounds or more but my weight is the same...is it possible for a medicine to make you totally defy thermogenics. ive been eating 1700 calories and recently started 1400 calories and i still weigh the same after a month and i dont look noticeably different. my dad says i look leaner but parents always say those things, unintentionally or intentionally. can a medicine really throw out the common paradigm of eating less than what you should burn. im eating less than what i burn but there is no progress. i also gained 10-15 pounds when i first started taking olanzapine but i also had started lifting recently again when i did that and made major gains due to muscle memory. so whats your brahs inputs on this? how could a medicine even possibly do this? when i asked my doctor abt it, he said it was poorly understood why ppl gain weight on this medicine. its total bs that i have to put up with these prescripions but whatever, what do u guys think>

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    at your stats, it's likely that fat loss will already be pretty slow at this point anyway. and you just started lifting recently, so that's going to throw off your weight temporarily.

have you noticed whether or not you look leaner in the mirror? remember, the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. the mirror will.

it's likely water weight fluctuations, don't resort to under eating to 'fix' it for the sake of seeing a lower number on the scale. truth is you should probably be focusing on GAINING weight soon anyway, but definitely depends on goals.

your medicine isn't making you hold on to fat or gain it, though. that's for sure.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was on olanzapine for 2 and a half years (I'm off it now thank god). It's poison. Sure it helped me sleep and cure my mental health issues, but it made me nearly diabetic with no diet change, and made me put on over 100 lbs. Thankfully I'm off it now and have read a few nutrition books and topics on this forum, and I am losing weight steadily. Down 30 lbs in the last 2 months. Seriously though, olanzapine is very controversial. Read up on it, in a lot of cases it makes people permanently diabetic. My psychiatrist didn't admit this till I found out myself and asked him. He had told me to "eat healthily", which at the time I had no idea what that meant. I am not blaming the weight gain entirely on the medication, but in reports I've read, and from what the psychiatrist told me himself, most people gain a lot of weight, and very quickly. It's meant to be a short term drug but he kept me on it for years, before gradually reducing the dose. I started off at about 170 lbs, and with no change in diet or amount of exercise (back then I did none anyway) I was close to 300 lbs after the 2 and a half years.

duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Having said all that though, don't stop taking them based on what a guy on a forum says. Do whatever your doctor tells you to. Just remember it makes you super-sensitive to carbs, so go on a keto diet or something.

SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000) SameSongandDanc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    at your stats, it's likely that fat loss will already be pretty slow at this point anyway. and you just started lifting recently, so that's going to throw off your weight temporarily.

have you noticed whether or not you look leaner in the mirror? remember, the scale doesn't always tell the whole story. the mirror will.

it's likely water weight fluctuations, don't resort to under eating to 'fix' it for the sake of seeing a lower number on the scale. truth is you should probably be focusing on GAINING weight soon anyway, but definitely depends on goals.

your medicine isn't making you hold on to fat or gain it, though. that's for sure.
    im actually 163 pounds right now. sorry abt that, i need to update my stats, but all this extra weight is all fat pretty much really because ive been this jacked and maybe even more around 150

Originally Posted by duffman18 View Post
    Having said all that though, don't stop taking them based on what a guy on a forum says. Do whatever your doctor tells you to. Just remember it makes you super-sensitive to carbs, so go on a keto diet or something.
    im really sorry to hear about that man. sometimes i think that the whole mental health industry is founded on wrong grounds and prescribes you toxins for problems you should fix yourself. it pisses me off really but what can i do with it, the doctors a professional and knows more than me even if he doesnt. i can really say that i know myself better than him but its kk i guess. how did it cure your mental health issues tho? tell me what happened. u can pm me if you want. also were u eating a lot more or did you just start gaining weight even with the same diet? thats the answer im looking for. if its all about urges to eat more, i can control that, but if it literally makes me gain weight eating the same, im ****ed and im pissed off

Originally Posted by SameSongandDanc View Post
    im really sorry to hear about that man. sometimes i think that the whole mental health industry is founded on wrong grounds and prescribes you toxins for problems you should fix yourself. it pisses me off really but what can i do with it, the doctors a professional and knows more than me even if he doesnt.
    I do think to an extent the pharmacutical corporations want to get you addicted to the drugs so you're dependent on them. I have been off olanzapine for nearly 2 months now and I still can't sleep very easily, takes hours to get to sleep then I keep waking up. The olanzapine would just knock me out guaranteed and sometimes I could sleep for 15 hours without waking up. Though even though I did become dependent on it to sleep and it made me obese, I do think it was still a good idea to go on it, because I was suicidal before, and wouldn't leave my apartment for days, even if I had ran out of food. I was scared of seeing anyone and would constantly check my room for hidden cameras cos I swear people were spying on me. And I suffered hallucinations. The olanzapine really helped with all of that, but it only took maybe 9 months to a year and I was absolutely fine. But he kept me on it for another year and a half even though I didn't want to be on it, but he was afraid I'd become psychotic again. I'm actually still on a different medication, which is also an anti-psychotic that helps you sleep, and one of the side effects of this is also weight gain, though not to the extent of olanzapine. I'm still losing weight though cos now I've joined a gym and I'm eating properly. My psychiatrist said that there doesn't exist a sedative which doesn't make you put on weight as a side effect, so I'm gonna have to either eat very carefully forever or not ever be able to sleep properly (my dad is the same, he can only sleep like 3-4 hours a night and spends all day at work like a zombie cos he's so tired).

I do think to an extent the pharmacutical corporations want to get you addicted to the drugs so you're dependent on them. I have been off olanzapine for nearly 2 months now and I still can't sleep very easily, takes hours to get to sleep then I keep waking up. The olanzapine would just knock me out guaranteed and sometimes I could sleep for 15 hours without waking up. Though even though I did become dependent on it to sleep and it made me obese, I do think it was still a good idea to go on it, because I was suicidal before, and wouldn't leave my apartment for days, even if I had ran out of food. I was scared of seeing anyone and would constantly check my room for hidden cameras cos I swear people were spying on me. And I suffered hallucinations. The olanzapine really helped with all of that, but it only took maybe 9 months to a year and I was absolutely fine. But he kept me on it for another year and a half even though I didn't want to be on it, but he was afraid I'd become psychotic again. I'm actually still on a different medication, which is also an anti-psychotic that helps you sleep, and one of the side effects of this is also weight gain, though not to the extent of olanzapine. I'm still losing weight though cos now I've joined a gym and I'm eating properly. My psychiatrist said that there doesn't exist a sedative which doesn't make you put on weight as a side effect, so I'm gonna have to either eat very carefully forever or not ever be able to sleep properly (my dad is the same, he can only sleep like 3-4 hours a night and spends all day at work like a zombie cos he's so tired).
    damn for me i think i can solve my problems on my own but my doctors wont give me a fair chance. sure ive run into trouble before but im a quick learner and i think i need a shot at being independent from medications.
    what happened with the weight gain tho? were you eating more or did it just happen like that with no change in diet?

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was on olanzapine for 2 and a half years (I'm off it now thank god). It's poison. Sure it helped me sleep and cure my mental health issues, but it made me nearly diabetic with no diet change, and made me put on over 100 lbs. Thankfully I'm off it now and have read a few nutrition books and topics on this forum, and I am losing weight steadily. Down 30 lbs in the last 2 months. Seriously though, olanzapine is very controversial. Read up on it, in a lot of cases it makes people permanently diabetic. My psychiatrist didn't admit this till I found out myself and asked him. He had told me to "eat healthily", which at the time I had no idea what that meant. I am not blaming the weight gain entirely on the medication, but in reports I've read, and from what the psychiatrist told me himself, most people gain a lot of weight, and very quickly. It's meant to be a short term drug but he kept me on it for years, before gradually reducing the dose. I started off at about 170 lbs, and with no change in diet or amount of exercise (back then I did none anyway) I was close to 300 lbs after the 2 and a half years.]
    that medication didn't make you gain that weight, either, you eating more did. there's no possible way you gained over 100 lbs without a change to your diet. you can't gain fat out of nowhere, just like muscle, there has to be an excess of energy (caloric surplus) before that can happen.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Originally Posted by SameSongandDanc View Post
    damn for me i think i can solve my problems on my own but my doctors wont give me a fair chance. sure ive run into trouble before but im a quick learner and i think i need a shot at being independent from medications.
    what happened with the weight gain tho? were you eating more or did it just happen like that with no change in diet?
    To be fair I was like I said suicidal, so for me they couldn't risk not putting me on something.

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    that medication didn't make you gain that weight, either, you eating more did. there's no possible way you gained over 100 lbs without a change to your diet. you can't gain fat out of nowhere, just like muscle, there has to be an excess of energy (caloric surplus) before that can happen.
    I don't know what to tell you, apart from that like I said it makes quite a few people diabetic, and if you're diabetic or near to it, then your body reacts differently to carbs and you can put on more weight than someone who isn't as insulin resistant.

seafunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To be fair I was like I said suicidal, so for me they couldn't risk not putting me on something.

I don't know what to tell you, apart from that like I said it makes quite a few people diabetic, and if you're diabetic or near to it, then your body reacts differently to carbs and you can put on more weight than someone who isn't as insulin resistant.
    That is not correct at all. One of the lead symptoms of diabetes is a weight loss (a loss of 20-25lbs can often be observed within a couple of months after the manifestation of the illness)! Insuline is the number one anabolic hormone in your body and an increased resistance to it will result in the body moving towards a catabolic state. The reason why you see so many fat diabetics (more fat type II diabetics out there than type I) is because they have uncontrollably been shoving short carbs and fat (a person with a high fat intake is much more likely to develope diabetes than one with a high carb intake btw) into their bellies for years or even decades, eventually causing them to develope diabetes II.