Pomonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to cut the last few percents

Hi, I'm hoping to do a show next spring and will bulk this winter but for now I'm looking for some tips on how to shed the last few pounds of bodyfat to put me at the next level. Any suggestions? Amounts of calories, carbs and other macromolecules I should be taking in? Tips on how much weight lifting/cardio ratio? Thanks

Here are my stats:
    Weight:158
    Height:5'-10"
    Current BF%: about 10%

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pomonster View Post
    Hi, I'm hoping to do a show next spring and will bulk this winter but for now I'm looking for some tips on how to shed the last few pounds of bodyfat to put me at the next level. Any suggestions? Amounts of calories, carbs and other macromolecules I should be taking in? Tips on how much weight lifting/cardio ratio? Thanks

Here are my stats:
    Weight:158
    Height:5'-10"
    Current BF%: about 10%
    There is no easy answer to this question. You must first learn to track your diet. I will give you some basic truths. Eat enough protein to ensure you are building and maintaining muscle. There are several theories on this but alteast 1g per 1lb of bodyweight. Next make sure your fats are in the daily healthy range. Again this is individual. Last is carbohydrates and use those as fuel for your workouts and to fill in the caloric needs for your daily maintenance. Once you have established this then you can begin to use cardio and diet to slowly lose fat while maintaining your muslce. Use the least amount of cardio possible to start so that you have room to increase it as prep goes on. training should not change much during prep. Do what got you the muscle and keep lifting heavy as safely as possible.

If you want a more specific answer post up your actual daily diet(macro's, not foods) as well as some pictures.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You do the same thing you did to get to where you are now.
    lófasz

Pomonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take in about 2,500 cals a day, and I average 150g of protein, around 50g of fat and always below 300g of carbs.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    There is no easy answer to this question. You must first learn to track your diet. I will give you some basic truths. Eat enough protein to ensure you are building and maintaining muscle. There are several theories on this but alteast 1g per 1lb of bodyweight. Next make sure your fats are in the daily healthy range. Again this is individual. Last is carbohydrates and use those as fuel for your workouts and to fill in the caloric needs for your daily maintenance. Once you have established this then you can begin to use cardio and diet to slowly lose fat while maintaining your muslce. Use the least amount of cardio possible to start so that you have room to increase it as prep goes on. training should not change much during prep. Do what got you the muscle and keep lifting heavy as safely as possible.

If you want a more specific answer post up your actual daily diet(macro's, not foods) as well as some pictures.
    Paul speaketh the truth and you would be wise to listen...

You posted your caloric intake and macro breakdown so you must be tracking things somewhat. I would start increasing cardio (I add an 45-60 mins a week everytime my weightloss stalls). Do this until you get to the point where you are doing all the cardio you can stand. Once you reach that point, then I'd start dropping calories by 200. Keep your calories at this new level until again, the weightloss stalls. You will get really far with just doing more and more cardio. This is where those who are serious will succeed, because cardio sucks so bad when you HAVE to do it. For my last show I was up to the point of doing 2 cardio sessions a day in addition to weight training (an hour of cardio total each day). It sucks, but will get you there.

Good luck!