Page 41 of 191 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 5718
    Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Hypertrophy and Strength 4 Week Cycles

One of the biggest things that have helped me gain muscular size and strength this offseason has been my introduction of hypertrophy, strength, and power work into every week of my training. By constantly changing up the rep range and style of my workouts, I have been making consistent gains. Before beginning my offseason, I knew that I wanted to focus on size and strength, but at different times as to put 100% into each one. I theorized from looking at other programs and learning my body that by cycling my style of training every 4-6 weeks, I would continue to make strides forward in size and strength. I am proud to say that I was right!

My general training approach is to cycle a hypertrophy based program with a strength based program. Although within each program you will be working hypertrophy, strength, and power; the focus is shifted. To begin, I do 4 weeks of a hypertrophy based program such as PHAT or my current MGT. After those 4 weeks are completed, take a couple days completely out of the gym in order to allow your body to recover and adjust to a new style of training. From there, you will do 4 weeks of a strength based program such as sheik, smolov, etc.

During the hypertrophy based 4 week cycle, my main goal is to intentionally "overtrain" or "overreach" with a high amount of exercises. My body has always responded best to high volume and it is my absolute favorite way to train! But during the strength based 4 week cycle, you will be working with a lower amount of exercises focusing mostly on the big three and other compound movements. I have found that during your strength cycle, the size and strength gains that you made on your hypertrophy cycle begin to become abundently apparent since you are no longer intentionally overreaching.

Any longer than 4 works and I have found diminished results where progression does not stall, but increases at a much slower rate. My plan is to continue this training cycling approach for the remainder of this offseason or until results change. I am been consistently making great strides in size and strength, so why change whats working?!

Its been about 5 weeks on a hypertrophy based program. 4 on PHAT and 1 on MGT. From now on MGT will be the hypertrophy program I cycle back into... but not sure what strength program I am going to cycle into now...any suggestions?
    This pattern definitely seems to have been paying huge dividends for you, so obviously it's a great plan. In regards to over-reaching though, I would consider some of the Sheiko workouts (especially some of the higher volume ones and ones that use 90-105% of your 1RM) to be over-reaching in and of themselves. After 3.5 weeks of Sheiko #30 I HAD TO take 3 days off to simply recover because the volume is an insane amount. No more sets than what you do day to day, but for us common men, can be quite demanding.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    This pattern definitely seems to have been paying huge dividends for you, so obviously it's a great plan. In regards to over-reaching though, I would consider some of the Sheiko workouts (especially some of the higher volume ones and ones that use 90-105% of your 1RM) to be over-reaching in and of themselves. After 3.5 weeks of Sheiko #30 I HAD TO take 3 days off to simply recover because the volume is an insane amount. No more sets than what you do day to day, but for us common men, can be quite demanding.
    Its is crazy weird! For me, sheiko programs (at least the ones I've tried) arent nearly as taxing as my hypertrophy programs are! and LMAO @ 'but for us common men, can be quite demanding'...literally made me laugh out loud haha!

AND DAMN YOU BOB!!!!!!! After reading more and more about Smolov...I am REALLLLLY leaning towards doing it! Just not sure how I will add in accessory work
    advertising not permitted

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Do you just smash your keyboard with fury as you type out your work outs? That's what I picture anyway
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    HAHAHA. This exact thought has gone through my head several times while reading his workouts
    HaHa HaHa HaHA! I thought this stuff was going through his head as he performed the exercises.

Now that those guys mentioned this I'm wondering how many keyboards do you go through?

Good form on those DB Pullovers!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its is crazy weird! For me, sheiko programs (at least the ones I've tried) arent nearly as taxing as my hypertrophy programs are! and LMAO @ 'but for us common men, can be quite demanding'...literally made me laugh out loud haha!

AND DAMN YOU BOB!!!!!!! After reading more and more about Smolov...I am REALLLLLY leaning towards doing it! Just not sure how I will add in accessory work
    I went back and forth with Paul on Smolov. I know you wanna keep making great gains on all your lifts, but you can very easily at least maintain where you are on your other lifts and make huge strides with Smolov (are you looking to do it to bring your bench up?) I am considering it for Bench Press, but wanna see how much Sheiko boosts me up first.

NGA Pro Bodybuilder chuckles_345's Avatar
    chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chuckles_345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd suggest a high-frequency DUP program with more of a strength focus, but I may be a little biased.
    Peter Fitschen M.S., PhD Candidate in Nutritional Science
    NGA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    Fitbody and Physique LLC
    fitbodyphysique.com

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    HaHa HaHa HaHA! I thought this stuff was going through his head as he performed the exercises.

Now that those guys mentioned this I'm wondering how many keyboards do you go through?

Good form on those DB Pullovers!
    Thanks man!....and this is ONLY my 4th keyboard!

I went back and forth with Paul on Smolov. I know you wanna keep making great gains on all your lifts, but you can very easily at least maintain where you are on your other lifts and make huge strides with Smolov (are you looking to do it to bring your bench up?) I am considering it for Bench Press, but wanna see how much Sheiko boosts me up first.
    Yeah I'm still debating between a few

Originally Posted by chuckles_345 View Post
    I'd suggest a high-frequency DUP program with more of a strength focus, but I may be a little biased.
    messaged you on ******** bro!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Fluff day

Done!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Fluff day

Done!
    Ohhhh, I like! Would u just stick to basic compound lifts when pushing and pulling?

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did Smolov Jr for squats and my work was very similar to what bob had laid out. Worked like a charm!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Fluff day

Done!
    Ohhhh, I like! Would u just stick to basic compound lifts when pushing and pulling?
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    I did Smolov Jr for squats and my work was very similar to what bob had laid out. Worked like a charm!
    How did you set up the additional push and pull work in terms of exercises, sets, reps, etc.

Smolov is on the menu next for me

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Smolov and push
    Smolov and pull
    Fluff day

Done!
    Straight forward and effective.

I'm diggin that set up.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Wait, Alex, are you looking to run SMOLOV for squats or bench? I would think you would wanna run it for your weakest lift - like most of us - bench

Got your PM.
    You know what Push and Pull is bro. pretty straight forward. Do what you feel capable of volume wise but remember the focus is on squatting and that 4x a week will drain you. Be wary of doing too much volume better to start on the lower end.

SUe the push (Chest/Shoulder/Tri)
    and Pull (Back/Bicep/Traps) and alter

Horizontal Pull for day 1 of Pull
    Verticle Pull for day 2 (as a priority exercise)

Shoulder Exercise for Day 1 Push
    Bench Exercise or major chest for Day 2

Simple.. then accessory work.

Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Straight forward and effective.

I'm diggin that set up.
    I know right?!

Wait, Alex, are you looking to run SMOLOV for squats or bench? I would think you would wanna run it for your weakest lift - like most of us - bench
    gunna squat it out this time

Got your PM.
    You know what Push and Pull is bro. pretty straight forward. Do what you feel capable of volume wise but remember the focus is on squatting and that 4x a week will drain you. Be wary of doing too much volume better to start on the lower end.

SUe the push (Chest/Shoulder/Tri)
    and Pull (Back/Bicep/Traps) and alter

Horizontal Pull for day 1 of Pull
    Verticle Pull for day 2 (as a priority exercise)

Shoulder Exercise for Day 1 Push
    Bench Exercise or major chest for Day 2

Simple.. then accessory work.
    Got the PM. Thanks bro sounds like a plan!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know your a volume junkie but Smolov can drain you pretty bad. If you start feeling burnt out I'd drop the fluff day asap! In on this, can't wait to see the results!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000) Opeth09 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude this is going to be ****ing badass man! Can't wait to see how this goes for you
    My new bulking log. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146899443&p=926377483#post926377483

Mr. SRU 2013 (My first show)
    *1st Place - Open Lightweight *

First Ever PL Meet
    535 Deadlift
    300 Bench
    *1st place

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not gonna lie bro...

I'll be taking notes on this new run. As a volume junkie myself, I'll need someone to model after. Who better than you? Makin hard moves in here!

Olympic Lifting Log:

Hit me with another PM. ill outline your routine if you want me to help you during your run. I got a few tricks/ideas up my sleeve. I can shoot you my # this weekend if you wanna give me a call saturday since i am off from work and we can finalize things before starting it up Monday?

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Smolov can drain you pretty bad
    I hope so!!!!!

Originally Posted by Opeth09 View Post
    Dude this is going to be ****ing badass man! Can't wait to see how this goes for you
    Thanks man! Gotta shoot for the stars!

Not gonna lie bro...

I'll be taking notes on this new run. As a volume junkie myself, I'll need someone to model after. Who better than you? Makin hard moves in here!
    Thanks bro...it means a lot to hear that!

Hit me with another PM. ill outline your routine if you want me to help you during your run. I got a few tricks/ideas up my sleeve. I can shoot you my # this weekend if you wanna give me a call saturday since i am off from work and we can finalize things before starting it up Monday?
    PM gunna be sent your way soon

ANNOUNCEMENT

WELL! I have to say just how excited I am! I've been outta the gym for a couple days now and am just BURNING up to get back at it! I've had a crazy busy schedule with school, different working jobs, family, etc.

...STARTING MONDAY...my FIRST supplement and video training log...testing out 3 new supplements...testing out 1 new training program...

...Smolov + HGH PRO + Glycobol + Restoraid...GUNNA BE SIIIIIICK!!!!

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

WELL! I have to say just how excited I am! I've been outta the gym for a couple days now and am just BURNING up to get back at it! I've had a crazy busy schedule with school, different working jobs, family, etc.

...STARTING MONDAY...my FIRST supplement and video training log...testing out 3 new supplements...testing out 1 new training program...

Congrats bro!!

Hope school, work and the other million things you have going on is going well!

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Congrats bro!!

Hope school, work and the other million things you have going on is going well!
    Thanks man! My book is actually half way done! SOOO pumped to start monday! Hate being outta the gym

Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000) Balddude is just really nice. (+1000)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Sounds insane bro, can't wait to see you power through the entire program
    My Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154479513

Quest to strength, one training session at a time

ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Someones on dat der AI time.

I just ran Glycobol. Used it almost as a recomp agent. Worked like a champ. Should've grabbed the HGH Pro as well.

Just a heads up, I found the 1-1-1-1 dosing to be most effective. When I ran 2-2, I felt quite lethargic and borderline dizzy sometimes.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Originally Posted by Balddude View Post
    Sounds insane bro, can't wait to see you power through the entire program
    Thanks man! I have a lot of things all beginning hard on monday...REALLY looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe View Post
    Someones on dat der AI time.
    LMAO!

I just ran Glycobol. Used it almost as a recomp agent. Worked like a champ. Should've grabbed the HGH Pro as well.

Just a heads up, I found the 1-1-1-1 dosing to be most effective. When I ran 2-2, I felt quite lethargic and borderline dizzy sometimes.
    That was actually the dosage that I was going to run! Seemed like a lot of people felt the 2-2 was WAY too much and the 1-1-1-1 was just right...thanks a lot man!

My body has actually been in a type of recomp for the past 2 months lol. I've been gaining muscular size and strength yet looking leaner...almost like I cant gain anymore weight...plan is to keep macros steady and with the addition of these supplements + smolov....maybe I can FINALLY raise my calories and keep gaining muscle/strength and loosing some fat (slow fat loss but DEFINITELY noticeable since weight hasn't budged lol)

going to play it as I go along!

bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Smolov...disgonbegud.

Id do 1 Cap around if under 75g of carbs, 2 caps if above 100g of carbs in a meal as well as a FYI

Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rog447 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bigryan03 View Post
    Smolov...disgonbegud.
    Agreed!
    Ryan Rogerson

Dymatize Nutrition Regional Sales Manager

Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumpman3210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Smolov it is! Can't wait to see your results after that
    TEAM3DMJ (SoCal)
    Journey Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142892261

"Always keep this in mind as your "motto" for training. More is not better, better is better. Keep the exercises you perform to a minimum, and get really good and strong at them."
    - Brad Loomis
    R.K.C Natural Professional Bodybuilder American Powerlifting Association CA. Chairman

Page 41 of 191 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast