Closed Thread
    Registered User Total Body Rebuild's Avatar
    Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000)

Creatine in Pop/Soda/Carbonated Drinks?

Hi

Quick question...

Has anyone tried to dissolve creatine in something like Pepsi Max or some other carbonated beverage?

I am thinking of giving it a try, but you can't really shake it to dissolve, you can't heat it, etc.

Would stirring it be enough?

I don't want to waste a precious $.50 drink to find out...ballin on a budget.

Thanks

Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's all good, I put red bull, creatine and BCAAs in a protein shaker and give it a mix sometimes, it's fine, it actually makes the BCAAs mix in better. The creatine mixes fine as well.
    1k+

*minimalist crew*
    *experiences over possessions crew*
    *positive crew*

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have no proof but i would assume the carbonation would fizz up and dissolve it. Or it could also make your soda flat.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The label on my creatine tub says not mix it with anything acidic.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SayMilesAway View Post
    The label on my creatine tub says not mix it with anything acidic.
    broscience

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...6&d=1099360168

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    @OP do it *******, i always used to put mine in some diet green tea (carbonated) or something.
    Johns Hopkins '16

emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10) emac_fenian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to assume I could mix creatine in anything. I mixed it in with milk once and it was awful. It got all foamy. Which is weird because I mix it with my protein shakes in milk all the time and it's not a problem, but milk alone turned it all foamy. I don't know why.
    No need to over-think this lifting weights business.

Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000)
    Done did it. Chugged it -> Stomach/Intestine=Blown...

Probably would not repeat - I'll just stick to drinking it in coffee.

P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wont the soda act as a duiretic and counter aact the creatine? I know that if I am properly hydrated and drink a soda or coffee I piss alot in the same hour. There was a study that said to limit your coffee intake while on creatine. Thoughts?

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by P1noy View Post
    Wont the soda act as a duiretic and counter aact the creatine? I know that if I am properly hydrated and drink a soda or coffee I piss alot in the same hour. There was a study that said to limit your coffee intake while on creatine. Thoughts?
    You must be trolling because if you think that, you are a ****ing retard. There is no study that said to limit coffee intake. Where do people come up with this ****?

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I noticed when I used creatine (on my last cut, while ago) that it basically didn't do anything because I was taking a stim/thermo at the same time.

i.e. I pissed out most of that liquid that the creatine would have retained.
    Johns Hopkins '16

P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P1noy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    You must be trolling because if you think that, you are a ****ing retard. There is no study that said to limit coffee intake. Where do people come up with this ****?
    theres actually studies on this. google it im on my phone

Originally Posted by texicus View Post
    I noticed when I used creatine (on my last cut, while ago) that it basically didn't do anything because I was taking a stim/thermo at the same time.

i.e. I pissed out most of that liquid that the creatine would have retained.
    Correlation != causation

And lulz that thinking that all create does it "retain" water lulz idiots

theres actually studies on this. google it im on my phone
    No there aren't.

No there aren't.
    "If you’re serious about getting the most from creatine, avoid chronic use of caffeine. Scientific studies show that the equivalent of three cups of coffee per day for as little as three days is sufficient to completely negate the benefits typically afforded by creatine (ref. 1). On the other hand, an occasional cup of coffee doesn’t seem to render much harm (refs. 2, 3)."

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/c...letter_19.html

"It is concluded that Caf intake (3 days) prolongs muscle RT and by this action overrides the shortening of RT due to creatine supplementation."

http://jap.physiology.org/content/92/2/513.abstract

"Caffeine counteracts the ergogenic action of muscle creatine loading"

http://jap.physiology.org/content/80/2/452.abstract

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/coff_creat.htm

Those are just a couple. There's more. And last year I used to take coffee as a pre-workout while taking creatine. I read some of those studies and dropped the coffee (still supplemented with creatine) because I was curious. I noticed that my muscles warmed up and pumped up a lot faster, I was able to perform a couple more reps, retained a little more water, and I wasn't pissing nearly as much during my workout.

"If you’re serious about getting the most from creatine, avoid chronic use of caffeine. Scientific studies show that the equivalent of three cups of coffee per day for as little as three days is sufficient to completely negate the benefits typically afforded by creatine (ref. 1). On the other hand, an occasional cup of coffee doesn’t seem to render much harm (refs. 2, 3)."

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/c...letter_19.html

"It is concluded that Caf intake (3 days) prolongs muscle RT and by this action overrides the shortening of RT due to creatine supplementation."

http://jap.physiology.org/content/92/2/513.abstract

"Caffeine counteracts the ergogenic action of muscle creatine loading"

http://jap.physiology.org/content/80/2/452.abstract

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/news/coff_creat.htm

Those are just a couple. There's more. And last year I used to take coffee as a pre-workout while taking creatine. I read some of those studies and dropped the coffee (still supplemented with creatine) because I was curious. I noticed that my muscles warmed up and pumped up a lot faster, I was able to perform a couple more reps, retained a little more water, and I wasn't pissing nearly as much during my workout.
    You are a pubmed ninja. You have no clue how to interpret the research nor do you have knowledge of the ENTIRE body of literature on the subject.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it *******

There have been two or three laboratory studies with humans that have pointed to the possible inhibitory effects of caffeine independent of timing and at least one other with rodents that showed it reduced muscle phosphocreatine. It does not affect absorption nor does the inhibitory effect have anything to do with diuresis as some think. Beyond the rodent study not really being physiologically relevant, the two human studies commonly cited have some limitations such that the results should be taken with caution; including the studies being very short term, doses used (5 mg/kg bw), unknown training and stimulant experience of the subjects and the use of laboratory tests that creatine hasn't always done well with vs. using relevant in-the-gym tests. There are at least two other studies that used more relevant testing methods (intense cycling) that didn't result in impairment. Also acute ingestion of caffeine and creatine likely does not have the same negative performance effect as high dose chronic caffeine intake along side creatine loading as shown by one study that examined muscle relaxation times and those that loaded subjects with creatine and then gave them caffeine before performance testing. This is something that really needs to be fleshed out with relevant resistance training tests. Did I say relevant enough?

You are a pubmed ninja.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it *******

That didn't tell me anything.

And you gonna catch feelings and neg me? lol

That didn't tell me anything.
    It's not my problem that you are illiterate

edit: and an idiot when you repped me instead of negging me like you probably meant to lulz

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh ok. Good to know.

So, Pepsi Max is fizzy...

Asad1997 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in which thing did creatine are more effective
    Water or carbonated beverage e.g pepsi etc.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Asad1997 View Post
    in which thing did creatine are more effective
    Water or carbonated beverage e.g pepsi etc.
    This thread was stupid 6 years ago when it was posted, and your bump is no more brilliant.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733