Registered User Dwyanethelifter's Avatar
    Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwyanethelifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is the expected time it should take you to get back to your peak lifts?

I had been cutting for 6 months and had dropped 50lbs on my deadlift rep work. For example I would do 375lbs for a 3x5 at my peak on my deadlift and near to the end of my cut I could do only 325lbs for 3x5 on the deadlift. Whats worse is that in the last month of my planned cut I got sick and couldn't eat almost anything because of a bowel issue and so I also couldn't lift for 2 weeks. I dropped 4lbs in a week before I decided to start bulking again and I could do 3x5 with only 300lbs after that 2 week break. It took me another 2 weeks just to get back to 310lbs but in the 3rd week I couldn't add on another 5lbs. The deadlift is just one of many of my lifts that have been affected. Even if I added 5lbs a week on my deadlift every week (which I obviously won't) it would still take me 13 weeks to get back there!! Thats more than 4 months in perfect conditions, so the reality looks like it'll take at least 6 months if not more. Is this normal, 6 months seems way too long never mind anything longer than that. Can someone tell if I'm doing something wrong.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The rule of thumb I've heard (and is corroborated by my personal experience) is that it takes about half the time it took you to get back to PRs that it did to get there originally.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"