Page 66 of 313 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 9361
    lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LiftDatUp View Post
    Instead of lateral raises can I do shoulder press? Also, are you suppose to do chin ups and pulls ups or just one of them and can I do a lat pulldown instead?

Also, what should tempo be?

Anyone make good gains off of this? Would a split be better for mass gains?
    -No need for extra work for front delts after all the benching.
    -Yes,both chin-ups and pull-ups,if you can't do 10 at bodyweight,do as many as you can and rest pause till you get five times that amount.
    -Go slow on the negative and pay attention to form.
    -This is a 3 day split.
    The limits of the body and mind are unknown to most people.

LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lajoo View Post
    -No need for extra work for front delts after all the benching.
    -Yes,both chin-ups and pull-ups,if you can't do 10 at bodyweight,do as many as you can and rest pause till you get five times that amount.
    -Go slow on the negative and pay attention to form.
    -This is a 3 day split.
    Don't like lateral raises they feel awkward.
    Dont have a bar but have pulldown machine.
    2 seconds down, 1 up good?
    I mean with normal reps 8-12.

looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) looweyo5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    D1 - Chest, front/side delts, triceps
    D2 - Upper back, rear delts, biceps
    D3 - Legs, lower back
    D4 - Repeat D1
    D5 - Repeat D2
    D6 - Repeat D3
    D7 - Rest

D1 - Bench press, incline bench press, rope pressdowns, overhead dumbbell extensions (single arm), dumbbell side laterals
    D2 - Chin-ups, pull-ups, chest-supported rows (or seated rows), rear delt flyes, preacher curls
    D3 - Romanian deadlifts, front squats, leg curls, leg extensions, standing calf raises, seated calf raises

For each exercise pick a weight that you can lift for a maximum of 10 reps (15 for standing calf raises, 20 for seated calf raises). You need to complete 50 (75 for standing calf raises, 100 for seated calf raises) total reps of each exercise. You perform your first set of each exercise as normal but you only rest for 30 seconds between each set (if you can even call them proper sets). You perform as many sets as it takes until you complete your 50 total reps. Obviously you won't be able to complete 10 reps in each set but it doesn't matter, this is how it's supposed to be. Perform as many reps as you can after each 30 second rest period (try to stop 1 rep short of failure, if you'll fail to perform 6 reps you should stop after rep 5). An example below.

Set 1 = 10 reps
    Rest 30 seconds
    Set 2 = 5 reps
    Rest 30 seconds
    Set 3 = 3 reps
    Rest 30 seconds
    Set 4 = 3 reps
    Rest 30 seconds
    Set 5 = 3 reps

You've complete 24 reps so far, keep going until you've completed 50. This is just an example, the number of reps you get in reality may be different but the principle remains the same. Have a longer rest between different exercises so that you're not too fatigued from the previous exercise. Once you notice that a particular exercise is starting to feel easy (you're getting more reps in general) you need to add some more weight the next time you perform that exercise.

You're going to need to use a training journal or some other method of tracking your progress, you need to record the amount of weight you use for each exercise and as soon as you notice a particular exercise starting to get easy you need to make a note so that you remind yourself to add more weight on that exercise next workout.

You may feel absolutely terrible at first because this is likely going to be a drastic increase over your usual training volume but this will pass, you need to have some faith in the routine, in the long term it will more than compensate you for your hard work and perseverance.

I should also add that it's a good idea to increase your carbohydrate intake while performing this routine, it's quite demanding on your glycogen stores. Don't just add any carbohydrate, sugars aren't very effective at replenishing muscle glycogen because only 50% of sugar can be used to replenish muscle glycogen, the other 50% can only replenish liver glycogen (and then get converted to fat when the liver's glycogen stores are full). You need complex carbohydrates for this purpose, I suggest white rice or pasta. I would suggest adding 1 full cup (uncooked) of white rice to your diet each day and I suggest that you should eat half of it before your workout and the other half after your workout, if this isn't possible I suggest you simply eat the full amount after your workout.

If there are any questions I'll do my best to answer them. If you decide to give this routine a try feel free to report back to this thread as you go along and let me know how you're going or to ask for advice if there are any issues.
    Mate this look like a really good routine I'll deco be giving it a try once I finish my current one

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can use the technique with any exercise you wish, just not two exercises that train the same muscle group.
    I'm very tempted to try this with my medial delts, then my rear delts. Not at the same time, obviously.

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't like lateral raises they feel awkward.
    Lateral raises are far better than shoulder press for the medial delts. Research them and make sure your form is correct. There are a lot of variations you can try (both arms, one arm at a time, one arm while hanging on to the bar).

If you still don't like them, well, suck it up. We all have to do exercises we don't like, but we do them anyway because they're optimal for our training goals.

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kelie, having a bit of trouble with incline bench...

At the gym it seems rather high up on the 3rd setting, maybe 2 inches too high for a natural incline press...

however the second latch feels almost flat... Need one in between sort of thing...

Do have a photo but struggling to get it off my phone atm will try, any ideas in the time being?

edit/ heres the picphoto.JPG
    Last edited by gingersgym; 11-04-2012 at 02:26 PM.

lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lajoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post
    Kelie, having a bit of trouble with incline bench...

At the gym it seems rather high up on the 3rd setting, maybe 2 inches too high for a natural incline press...

however the second latch feels almost flat... Need one in between sort of thing...

Do have a photo but struggling to get it off my phone atm will try, any ideas in the time being?

edit/ heres the picAttachment 5046073
    Is that the second latch on the photo?
    The limits of the body and mind are unknown to most people.

blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can do side lateral raises with the cables one arm at a time

Not that I do them this way but I've seen it mentioned in the thread before.

gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) gingersgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lajoo View Post
    Is that the second latch on the photo?
    thats the 3rd latch, the second is like nearly flat... and inch or two above flat and feels worthless for incline imo

Once iv stuck my ass in the air on a rep (cheating) the 2nd latch is flat haha

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gingersgym View Post
    thats the 3rd latch, the second is like nearly flat... and inch or two above flat and feels worthless for incline imo

Once iv stuck my ass in the air on a rep (cheating) the 2nd latch is flat haha
    The third latch isn't too bad although it is a little bit too high, you'll have to show me a pic of the second latch.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    this looks like a really good routine. i like to lift 5 days a week and i was looking for a new program to change things up, and i am going to try this one out. i may go to the gym also on saturdays but if i don't, i will just run it in a linear fashion (D1-D2-D3-D1-D2 wk1, D2-D3-D1-D2 wk2, etc.)

will def try to keep in touch with the thread, been working out for 6 yrs, so i can give it a real review since i know how my body responds to different types of training etc.

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dropped a 20 kg plate on my toes tonight, what a klutz. Hopefully nothing is broken otherwise my leg workouts are going to be painful for the next few months. Serves me right for not paying attention to what I was doing (I was distracted by a most fine lady).

BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dropped a 20 kg plate on my toes tonight, what a klutz. Hopefully nothing is broken otherwise my leg workouts are going to be painful for the next few months. Serves me right for not paying attention to what I was doing (I was distracted by a most fine lady).
    Ouch. Have almost done that before. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Have also almost dropped an entire left side of a loaded barbell on my foot as well. Was doing some heavy RDL's with 3.5 plates a side, as I was finishing my last rep and going to rack the bar my left strap entirely ripped off from the seams and the whole left side of the bar came falling down inches away from my left foot. Needless to say it scared me a bit as I think I would have ended up losing my foot if it landed on it.

Were some cheap Valeo straps I had gotten here from the BB.com store.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
    Online Trainer/Coach - PM for Details/Inquiries

wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    happened to me before, only hit my toe though and ****ed up my nail. leg workouts were fine

I advise all of you to eat 3-6 whole eggs per day, they're a good source of cholesterol and arachidonic acid, both of which speed up recovery and increase rate of muscle growth and strength gains. I've been experimenting on people I train in RL over the past 2 years and the people who regularly eat whole eggs always progress faster than those who don't.

I now advise everyone I train to eat at least 3 whole eggs per day, the more the better (I eat 6 per day, I increase this to 12 per day when injured to speed up the recovery process).

wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wgbjeff has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I advise all of you to eat 3-6 whole eggs per day, they're a good source of cholesterol and arachidonic acid, both of which speed up recovery and increase rate of muscle growth and strength gains. I've been experimenting on people I train in RL over the past 2 years and the people who regularly eat whole eggs always progress faster than those who don't.

I now advise everyone I train to eat at least 3 whole eggs per day, the more the better (I eat 6 per day, I increase this to 12 per day when injured to speed up the recovery process).
    What if you have a family history of high cholesterol?

Originally Posted by wgbjeff View Post
    What if you have a family history of high cholesterol?
    For most people dietary cholesterol does not raise blood cholesterol levels. Also, high cholesterol isn't inherently bad, rather it's your HDL, LDL and VLDL ratios that matter most.

If you want to improve your cholesterol ratios and reduce your triglycerides you should reduce your sugar intake (eat complex carbohydrates only) and reduce your overall carbohydrate intake. You should also increase your omega 3 (fish oil) intake and reduce your omega 6 intake (vegetable oils). 500 mg of vitamin C taken three times per day (1500 mg total) goes a long way when it comes to maintaining proper cholesterol metabolism.

Reduce your sodium intake (avoid salty foods), sodium causes a transient increase in blood pressure which damages your arteries and blood vessels. Copper (2 mg per day) and magnesium (500 mg per day) also help.

Avoid processed foods, unprocessed foods contain more vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins (niacin is especially important for proper cholesterol metabolism).
    Last edited by Kelei; 11-05-2012 at 09:37 AM.

I lol'ed. I smacked myself in the head with the bar once after being distracted by a fine young lad doing pull-ups.

Eggs are great! For those of you who prefer to boil them, add some baking soda in the water. It'll make peeling a lot easier.

LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordZed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For most people dietary cholesterol does not raise blood cholesterol levels. Also, high cholesterol isn't inherently bad, rather it's your HDL, LDL and VLDL ratios that matter most.

If you want to improve your cholesterol ratios and reduce your triglycerides you should reduce your sugar intake (eat complex carbohydrates only) and reduce your overall carbohydrate intake. You should also increase your omega 3 (fish oil) intake and reduce your omega 6 intake (vegetable oils). 500 mg of vitamin C taken three times per day (1500 mg total) goes a long way when it comes to maintaining proper cholesterol metabolism.

Reduce your sodium intake (avoid salty foods), sodium causes a transient increase in blood pressure which damages your arteries and blood vessels. Copper (2 mg per day) and magnesium (500 mg per day) also help.

Avoid processed foods, unprocessed foods contain more vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins (niacin is especially important for proper cholesterol metabolism).
    Is there a limit to your extensive knowledge? You should write a book.

Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000) Mr-Nathan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LordZed View Post
    was thinking the exact same as i read this.

i eat like 4 eggs per day, just increased from 3 a week or so ago. i struggle with breakfast occasionally and have to take it in car with me to eat on way to work. an egg once rolled off my plate onto the floor. was not happy

Surprisingly, I hit all those good habits. Take fish oil, zma, a multi, always choose fresh complex carbs, etc.

Adding three eggs a day is recommended then, huh?

EDIT: damn, 1500mg of vitamin C, that's a lot

Originally Posted by LordZed View Post
    Hahaha, true story.

blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blestsystem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1500mg of vitamin C?

won't you piss out like 1000mg of that lol

Originally Posted by wgbjeff View Post
    EDIT: damn, 1500mg of vitamin C, that's a lot
    A chewable Vit C pill has 500mg, 1500mg is nothing. A few pills along with a reasonable amount of fruits every day is going to hit that easily. I'm probably getting around 2500mg a day.

Animals have the ability to produce vitamin C, unlike the human body. That's why they don't get heart disease and we do.

LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftDatUp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can someone link me the correct lateral raise form? So many different ways on utube.

Can someone link me the correct lateral raise form? So many different ways on utube.

I prefer more internal rotation (thumb lower and pinky finger higher).

chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive decided that once i finish my current HST cycle, I'm going to try use this workout routine with a partner.
    Ive thought about ways around the nuisances of having a training partner with quite a varying strength+height, Just a couple of ideas are:
    Basically, for D1, instead of us both doing bench press at the same time, maybe i'd start on bench press and my partner could start on incline bench press, and alternate who starts what each time we train D1.
    Same goes with romanian deadlift and squats on D3, (also keeping in mind to mix up the leg curls and extensions accordingly so its hamstring/quad/hamstring/quad and vica verca).
    Excercises that are easy to switch weight, basically things on cables or incline bench curls where we can have our own set of dumbbells, id train that particular excercise with him, but the more complex to quickly change weight excercises do them separately.
    Now as this is not a perfect world i know that alot of the time both the incline and flat bench will not be free, so will have to work around it sometimes, but what do you guys reckon, it seems possible to me coz i just really want to start training with this routine, peoples thoughts?
    Will most likely go with doing D1, D2, D3 throwing in a break wherever required.

chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubmiester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I prefer more internal rotation (thumb lower and pinky finger higher).

With those lateral raises, so you like to have your arm completely straight? No slight bend in the elbow at all?
    Cheers.

burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) burlyman619 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I started this today. I am going to read the whole thread before posting any questions ( I am up to page 4). I really appreciate the time you took in this thread, op. Thanks buddy.
    I am currently prepping for a Bodybuilding show, follow my journey :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163848201

Originally Posted by chubmiester View Post
    With those lateral raises, so you like to have your arm completely straight? No slight bend in the elbow at all?
    Cheers.
    A slight arm bend is fine, it reduces elbow stress, just don't bend too much or it makes the exercise easier.

Originally Posted by chubmiester View Post
    Ive decided that once i finish my current HST cycle, I'm going to try use this workout routine with a partner.
    Ive thought about ways around the nuisances of having a training partner with quite a varying strength+height, Just a couple of ideas are:
    Basically, for D1, instead of us both doing bench press at the same time, maybe i'd start on bench press and my partner could start on incline bench press, and alternate who starts what each time we train D1.
    Same goes with romanian deadlift and squats on D3, (also keeping in mind to mix up the leg curls and extensions accordingly so its hamstring/quad/hamstring/quad and vica verca).
    Excercises that are easy to switch weight, basically things on cables or incline bench curls where we can have our own set of dumbbells, id train that particular excercise with him, but the more complex to quickly change weight excercises do them separately.
    Now as this is not a perfect world i know that alot of the time both the incline and flat bench will not be free, so will have to work around it sometimes, but what do you guys reckon, it seems possible to me coz i just really want to start training with this routine, peoples thoughts?
    Will most likely go with doing D1, D2, D3 throwing in a break wherever required.
    That'll work.

Page 66 of 313 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast