Dem0nstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help choosing Protein Supplement

Hi, I am 26/m with an avg mesomorph physic looking to lose weight and add lean muscle. I am new to supplements and been looking at a lot of expert reviews about protein supplements and brands.
    I would like to know why everybody in this forum is giving MuscleMeds Carnivor a thumbs down. It's hard to get any meat where I live so I figured getting isolated Beef protein over a Whey would be a better choice. But after reading some of the posts I am a little hesitant to go for it now. I'm asking this question again because many people have access to meat shop and can easily get the protein and vitamins out of the meal however, since it's not the same for me will you still suggest that I am better off with Whey? Also, I don't want Creatine mixed in my Protein powder. I don't want to take Creatine as of now as it pumps up the body and I am still in the process of losing body fat.

In Whey Protein Powder I have read some nice reviews and these are the brands I have come up with, IsoFlex, PROnom, XF UP 2.0, Giant Sports and Dymatize ISO-100.(incl both concentrate and Isolate). If I have to choose in Whey from these regardless of the Price is IsoFlex the best bet out of all these? (I am not lactose intolerant)
    Also, when is it the best time to take protein shake specially if I workout in the evening. And how many grams should I take per kgs/lbs?
    I will appriciated your kind help,
    Thanks

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You dont need to worry about getting an isolate unless you have lactose intolerance. Concentrate will be just fine...

If you do want an isolate, I can only personally recommend VPX SRO Graham Cracker.

The following proteins are really good though. Trutein, XF 2.0 (more of an mrp), Pronom 23, iForce Protean, Combat Powder, Giant Sports. Just find which one fits your macros.

I cant attest to why people dont like the beef protein though, never tried it. I do believe the bioavailablity is a fair bit lower though.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by melaneybh View Post
    You dont need to worry about getting an isolate unless you have lactose intolerance. Concentrate will be just fine...

If you do want an isolate, I can only personally recommend VPX SRO Graham Cracker.

The following proteins are really good though. Trutein, XF 2.0 (more of an mrp), Pronom 23, iForce Protean, Combat Powder, Giant Sports. Just find which one fits your macros.

I cant attest to why people dont like the beef protein though, never tried it. I do believe the bioavailablity is a fair bit lower though.
    Girl knows whats up . Many solid protein choices out there, personally it comes down to price per serving since I just use them to help meet my macros. I usually go with chocolate since they are easiest for me to put down. As of now I would say Dymatize Elite XT Fudge Brownie is best deal for taste.

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This. Dymatize Iso-100 is good as well. Though I would add Axis Labs Clutch to the list as well.

Beef protein is an incomplete protein as compared to whey, mostly due to poor amino acid content of gelatin.

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    trutein - cinnabun is aweeeesome love that stuff seriously! so good..wanting to try the pronom 23 stuff though to
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    trutein - cinnabun is aweeeesome love that stuff seriously! so good..wanting to try the pronom 23 stuff though to
    Link to free samples... including pronom 23 chocolate cupcake batter (its a half serving, but it was good enough to get me to buy a container!)

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    PROnom
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Impressive feedback on Trutein. Only reason I left Trutein and Protean out was because the products have been discontinued from BB store.
    I want more grams of protein with ratio to the lest possible grams of saturated fat, sugar and carbs per serving.

Originally Posted by Dem0nstar View Post
    Impressive feedback on Trutein. Only reason I left Trutein and Protean out was because the products have been discontinued from BB store.
    I want more grams of protein with ratio to the lest possible grams of saturated fat, sugar and carbs per serving.
    Trutein will be back on bb.com soon. Within a week or two.

You will probably want to stay away from XF 2.0 then. its great but protein ratio is lower as its more of a mrp.

The best ratio I have liked was VPX SRO Graham Cracker....

its here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vp...-carb-sro.html

the macros are amazing.

but Trutein has pretty solid stats as well.

Thanks, but low ratings kind of make it weird for me :P IsoFlex has 27g of protein compared to SRO which has 20g. Also doesn't have fat or sugar.
    Last edited by Dem0nstar; 12-13-2012 at 11:30 AM.

arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can recommend optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey... works great and you can find it fairly cheap.. I also think you SHOULD look for product that at least has both isolate and concentrate.. preferably with isolate listed as the first main ingredient.. isolate is listed as the first ingredient with optimum nutrition whey.

isolate is the purest form of protein and you would get the most out of a protein with isolate in it.

Check out my website onproteinsupplement.com before you buy.. I'm sure there is something on there you will like and I find the cheapest prices for the products so you don't have to. Hope this helps!

Hi, I am 26/m with an avg mesomorph physic looking to lose weight and add lean muscle. I am new to supplements and been looking at a lot of expert reviews about protein supplements and brands.
    I would like to know why everybody in this forum is giving MuscleMeds Carnivor a thumbs down. It's hard to get any meat where I live so I figured getting isolated Beef protein over a Whey would be a better choice. But after reading some of the posts I am a little hesitant to go for it now. I'm asking this question again because many people have access to meat shop and can easily get the protein and vitamins out of the meal however, since it's not the same for me will you still suggest that I am better off with Whey? Also, I don't want Creatine mixed in my Protein powder. I don't want to take Creatine as of now as it pumps up the body and I am still in the process of losing body fat.

In Whey Protein Powder I have read some nice reviews and these are the brands I have come up with, IsoFlex, PROnom, XF UP 2.0, Giant Sports and Dymatize ISO-100.(incl both concentrate and Isolate). If I have to choose in Whey from these regardless of the Price is IsoFlex the best bet out of all these? (I am not lactose intolerant)
    Also, when is it the best time to take protein shake specially if I workout in the evening. And how many grams should I take per kgs/lbs?
    I will appriciated your kind help,
    Thanks

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's wrong with fat and carbs again? You need both, even on a cut.
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Thanks, but low ratings kind of make it weird for me :P IsoFlex has 27g of protein compared to SRO which has 20g. Also doesn't have fat or sugar.
    Keep in mind Isoflex serving size is (30g). VPX SRO serving size is (23.5g).

But ya, go with your gut. I cannot say anything about Isoflex as I havent had it myself, but I have heard alot of people on hear saying they really enjoy it.

Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    What's wrong with fat and carbs again? You need both, even on a cut.
    And I do overall agree with powercage which is why I tend to stick to blends and my money goes further.

Originally Posted by arude123 View Post
    I can recommend optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey... works great and you can find it fairly cheap.. I also think you SHOULD look for product that at least has both isolate and concentrate.. preferably with isolate listed as the first main ingredient.. isolate is listed as the first ingredient with optimum nutrition whey.

isolate is the purest form of protein and you would get the most out of a protein with isolate in it.

Check out my website onproteinsupplement.com before you buy.. I'm sure there is something on there you will like and I find the cheapest prices for the products so you don't have to. Hope this helps!
    I don't want to compromise with the quality because of low pricing. I am looking for a product low in calories, carbs and fat as my goal is weight loss and go for a leaner, shredded and chiseled appearance. :P

You will probably want to stay away from XF 2.0 then. its great but protein ratio is lower as its more of a mrp.

the macros are amazing.

I love the over all content and 80g cal of SRO Zero Carb. I am giving it a go girl. Thnx Also I would like to know how many grams of powder should I take per/kg of my weight? thnx in adv
    Last edited by Dem0nstar; 12-13-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wouldn't base product judgement on in store ratings, as ass-backwards as it might sound.

arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not compromising on quality.. this is some of the best available protein out there. It is my protein of choice and you definitely can't go wrong with it. Just providing an option is all..

I don't want to compromise with the quality because of low pricing. I am looking for a product low in calories, carbs and fat as my goal is weight loss and go for a leaner, shredded and chiseled appearance. :P

I love the over all content and 80g cal of SRO Zero Carb. I am giving it a go girl. Thnx Also I would like to know how many grams of powder should I take per/kg of my weight? thnx in adv

Originally Posted by Valhallabound86 View Post
    I wouldn't base product judgement on in store ratings, as ass-backwards as it might sound.
    Protein is the only time you can....

Controlled Labs Warder

I think you made the right call. It was people on here that got me onto it. You will get differing opinions usually the opinions range between 1-1.5 grams for every pound you weigh. If your trying to bulk I would recommend 1.5 grams per pound. If you are trying to cut I would say 1 gram per pound. Also noticed that you want to gain muscle and lose weight. It is very hard to do both at the same time. You are going to need to bulk to gain muscle (calorie surplus) and heavy lift... and to lose weight you are going to need to cut (calorie defecit). Most people tend to bulk in the winter when clothes are baggier and then cut to expose there hard earned muscles.

Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

its here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vp...-carb-sro.html

the macros are amazing.

just seen the 4.4 lb vpx graham cracker is $65 here at bb.com. Not bad. Its on backorder. wondering how long it takes to get back in stock.

Originally Posted by Gbinkster View Post
    just seen the 4.4 lb vpx graham cracker is $65 here at bb.com. Not bad. Its on backorder. wondering how long it takes to get back in stock.
    I placed an order while it was on backorder, shipped out not even a full week later. This was like 2 weeks ago.

Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    might have to order. My thing is i drink 1 in the morning and 1 before workout. Its getting expensive. I found a 7.5lb of isopure for $80 plus shipping. That turns out to be only like $12 a lb. For isolate thats cheeeap. Except they only sell cookies and cream, strawberry , and another ice cream type flavor. Im looking for a fruit flavor. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Gbinkster View Post
    might have to order. My thing is i drink 1 in the morning and 1 before workout. Its getting expensive. I found a 7.5lb of isopure for $80 plus shipping. That turns out to be only like $12 a lb. For isolate thats cheeeap. Except they only sell cookies and cream, strawberry , and another ice cream type flavor. Im looking for a fruit flavor. Any ideas?
    That price is good for isolate for sure. Cant really speak to the taste though. I never shop at stores like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and such. But it might be worthwhile for you to check one out, and see if they will give you a sample (here in canada we have a supplement store thats $$$ but offers samples, I go in just to try the flavours of what they have, mind you there selection is limited)...

I know of a couple people who didnt mind iso sensations 93, but I havent tried them yet.

Then there is 4Ever Fit Fruit Blast - The Isolate, has some unique fruity flavours, but the ratings dont look exceptional and again never tried them myself.

Registered User CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    we have free samples of PROnom 23, see my signature below and fill out the form. it will arrive in your mailbox within a week usually also the bb.com store now has the free samples you can add to your order
    Specials & insider info
    https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

FREE CL stuff for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6654831