darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Can't get rid of plantar fasciitis

Ok I've been dealing with this crap for 4 months or so now. I get to the point where 95% of the pain in my arch is gone and then it randomly comes back with a vengeance. Yesterday I was just standing in the yard not even walking and it just flared up out of now where. I have been resting my foot alot and doing stretches for it like the tennis ball roll, towel stretch,and calf stretches but nothing seems to keep it gone.

The doctors I've been to tell me to wear shoes with good arch support and not to go barefoot or wear sandles but the only way that I can really wear any shoes is if I wear them with gel cups in the heel. It seems to me that this is only a temporary fix because its moving my arch further away from the shoe. I have tried some of my new nikes with pretty decent arch support and they seem to make things much worse.

Honestly I have much less pain going barefoot and with sandals than I do with shoes on. Has anyone else had this problem with the heel cups being the only immediate relieve? if so how do you finally get back to normal? I haven't ran in 7-8months now this is getting really old.

JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to get plantar fasciitis from running in cushioned shoes using a heel strike. I have switched to minimally cushioned shoes (New Balance mt101, NB Minimus Road, Brooks Pure Cadence) and a midfoot strike and haven't had plantar fasciitis in years. In my opinion, going barefoot will work wonders for your feet. If you choose to midfoot strike for running you need to ease into it to allow your foot and leg muscles to strengthen.

darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkdragon99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Midfoot strike? is that a type of insole? and I like running and all but at this point i would be happy with just walking pain free for a couple of months.

JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000) JeepCreeper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Midfoot strike means when running you land on the midfoot/forefoot instead of the heel. I would go barefoot or wear less cushioned shoes as much as possible to help strengthen you feet.

sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sapherson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dealt with it for a long time and it took basketball away from me. I then started wearing all kinds of different shoes and I do not wear the same shoe more then a couple days in a row or I do start to feel my foot begin to hurt again. That has been my solution for the past 2 years and I haven't had it since. I just constantly wear different shoes and sandals during the day and different shoes to workout and play ball in. So my advice that has worked for me is to wear many different kinds so your foot doesn't get used to it and also go barefoot.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When i had it i got a cortisone shot and did the stretches. The cortisone actually crystallized and caused more pain for a day or two, but it was gone after that.

I wonder why for some people going barefoot helps so much but for most other people wearing shoes help alot. When it flared up yesterday I was literally just standing in the yard in flip flops. Ive tried wearing all the different shoes I have but only 2 pairs I've got actually feel comfortable. My new shoes as well as my old running shoes and anything else Ive got make it flare up sometimes. The last doc i went to gave me a shot but it wasnt in the arch part of my foot.

If I wasnt flat broke I'd go out and invest a lot of new shoes and inserts to try.

hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I tried so many different things when I first got it. I slept with the sling on, I did the stretches, I gave up standing calf raises. Kept having problems until a guy I know who works at a running shoe store gave me a pair of these:

http://barebonesworkwear.com/powerst...FcFeTAodMx1ndA

My PF went away and so did the knee pain that I got from being on my feet so much. I just have one pair and move them between shoes.
    Detroit Red Wings~Kansas Jayhawks~Kansas City Chiefs~K.C. Royals

hockeytownfan after you started using these did you still have to keep doing all the stretches for your foot and continue using ice? Also do you still have any pain when going barefoot?

ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10) ezrida is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can use a tape for your plantar fasciitis.
    I have plantar fasciitis for about a year. The custom made orthotics my doc gave me did only more pain. I investigated the possible treatments and found that different things help different people.
    Whenever I have to spend a lot of time on my feet I tape my them. There are a few taping techniques for plantar fasciitis in this link:
    plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_taping.html
    Try it - it did great for me.
    They have also a very good treatments review in there. Listen to your body - If one treatment doesn't do any good for you so you should stop it.
    By the way I run and I work long hour on my feet and it took me a lot of time to understand that the thing that flares up my feet is actually standing. Maybe it is your case too.
    Good Luck

I will definetely look into taping. Not even sure where to find sports tape but I cant imagine it would be that hard to hunt down. Ive noticed everybody who deals with this has a different experience with what helps/ hurts them more.
    When you do the taping do you still do stretches for your foot any? or do the stretches even help you any?

Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Man, PF is miserable! I have tried everything (except Taping) and I really am so frustrated. Are there any meds that can help?
    What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goal.

I take ibuprofen to reduce the inflamation some when it flares up. I thought it may have been the shoes I was wearing or being on my feet alot that caused mine but i dont think so anymore. I did alot of sitting around recovering from hernia surgery earlier this year so my feet shoulda been well rested up. and every time it flares up i've been wearing 4 different shoes and havent been on myfeet but like 5-30 minutes.

So i dont have a clue what keeps causing it.

Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Same here man no clue. I have had 3 rounds of injections and I felt okay for maybe a week then back to PAIN!!!
    As I'm sure you can relate this really complicates training/work etc.. I really don't know what to do next.
    What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goal.

Yeah its pretty anoying and feel all the money I owe now thanks to the doctor visits have been almost a complete waste. I just keep doing the stretches and icing it constantly to try and somewhat keep it under control.

As far as training goes I havent lifted heavy on legs days since January and have not ran any since last december. I've just been doing some quick 10-20 minutes circuits at the end of some of my workouts like pushup/body wieghtsquats to try and queeze some cardio in. and also running on stupid elipticals since their low impact and easy on the foot.

Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Oreopie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had PF for years now. At beginning it was very severe. The first few days it struck I literally couldn't walk. The pain was so intense. By far the best thing for me is the custom insoles, orthotics or w/e, that my foot doctor had made for me. They cost me about $500 bucks but, I've had them over 5 years and they work. Well worth the money. I've found out the quality of shoe only does so much. I can where top of the line New Balance without the insoles and the pain comes back but, if I use my insoles no matter how crappy the shoe, it clears up.

Another thing that helps during flare ups is to do the belt stretch before you ever touch the floor when you wake up. Have the belt where you don't even have to take a step to get it. For me just a short trip to the bathroom seems to negate any morning stretching if I don't do the belt first.

As for being barefoot. I too feel better initially when I go barefoot. However, I can tell it days after. That and the fact that there is no dispute among doctors(as far as I know) going barefoot is the worst thing you can do makes me keep shoes on at all times.

My doctor also told me the cortisone shots might help. He also said that could be leading down a dangerous road. Something about the more shots I get the weaker the muscle will get. He says to avoid them if at all possible.

GL, hope it works out for you.

hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hockeytownfan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darkdragon99 View Post
    hockeytownfan after you started using these did you still have to keep doing all the stretches for your foot and continue using ice? Also do you still have any pain when going barefoot?
    The only time I don't wear these are when I'm squating/deadlifting/ohp and am wearing my chucks, or I go to the pool in flip flops. I have ditched the night brace. I still roll my arches on my foam roller by standing on it and stablizing myself with my hands on my desk, but I haven't had pain and felt the need to do it, it's more like prehab.

And I actually have the Pinnacle model, not the original, don't know how much difference there is:

http://barebonesworkwear.com/powerstep-pinnacle-insole

And here is what I slept with on my foot for three months:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ACE-Planta...table/19898460

I didn't have to go to further ends, but if there is a ligament tightening causing this, is there any balancing muscle that can be worked to help stretch the ligament out?
    Last edited by hockeytownfan; 07-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Detroit Red Wings~Kansas Jayhawks~Kansas City Chiefs~K.C. Royals

I no the doctors recommend wearing shoes all the time but it seems like your body should "naturally" not need shoes.lol I have been trying to stretch my foot out first thing in the morning lately and doing them throughout the day whenever I get a chance. it seems to be helping some. I've also been taping my foot which actually seems to be helping some. I will continue to try this as well as icing it and doing calve raises some aswell, I heard that this will help strengthen the foot muscles as well.

I think my "good foot" is starting to show signs of plantar fasciitis as well, Just a little pain in the arch. so im really hoping to come up with a permanent solution.

TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheDLink is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can strengthen it but doing calf exercises, since they involve the plantar flexion movement that would usually give you pain. try jump ropes for as long as you can take with the pain or do some seated/standing calf raises. it helped for me

Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100) Roscius is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by JeepCreeper View Post
    I used to get plantar fasciitis from running in cushioned shoes using a heel strike. I have switched to minimally cushioned shoes (New Balance mt101, NB Minimus Road, Brooks Pure Cadence) and a midfoot strike and haven't had plantar fasciitis in years. In my opinion, going barefoot will work wonders for your feet. If you choose to midfoot strike for running you need to ease into it to allow your foot and leg muscles to strengthen.
    Came in to post this. Since I started barefoot running around a soccer field, all of not only my foot problems, but knee and back problems, have cleared up. Literally no pain while running and my calves are getting bigger.

Well guys I thought I was pretty much over the plantar fasciitis deal. Went about 3 months without anything other than a little pain occasionally when waking up or after sitting for awhile. Then about a week ago it came back and hit just as hard as ever. This time I was really surprised when it hit because I was actually wearing some Dr. Scholls arch support insoles ( which I think are just about junk) that were supposed to prevent this lol.

For some reason this time the only thing that is helping is icing it. Tennis ball, taping, using the arch support are all actually making it worse now. Additionally when it flares up at its worst it makes my entire foot ache pretty bad not just the bottom.

I will try to experiment with some different remedies on my own, I've wasted to much money already on doctors with this. If I can come up with any thing decent I will post back.

who ever the F********ck jaybee333's Avatar
    jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaybee333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PHUCK MY LIFE, i got a random arch pain in my left foot for the first time in my life when i woke up/stood up from my bed this morning.. and reading this thread, seeing how hopeless/inconsistent the "treatments" are makes me depressed... i dont get it walking atm, I just get it when i stand up from when im on comp seat or bed.. but im sure it's going to get worse or something FML

errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) errolprowse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello! I have a free website with tons of free treatment videos that use ART and Graston like therapy techniques. You can do it at home and they are free, check them out at www dot pfsurvivalguide dot com Ask me any questions you would like, I had the pain for 3 years straight and know the frustration you are dealing with.

Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tellavega is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have PF in my right foot. My coworker suggested wearing some kind of foot brace to wear while sleeping. Does anyone here use one? Are they effective? I'd really rather not have to keep getting the shots and taking steroid ( methylprednisolone ) I was given to manage my problem. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Tellavega; 01-19-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: corrected

roaddog14422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This sucks

I have had plantar fasciitis for 9 months now and have tried everything including cortisone shots, orthotics, foot brace, different shoes, stretching, ice, heat, physical therapy and nothing is working. I keep sitting on the couch resting and gaining weight. I may need surgery.

sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50) sthpadregrl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread is kinda depressing, has no one found something that actually works? This just started for me about 3 weeks ago and now I'm dying.
    1 Corinthians 9:24
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10) 01tj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I ust got a pair of these and they have seemed to help.

http://www.leftlanesports.com/Produc...000&p=TPO01235

I also felt better barefoot for the most part and those shoes are close to being barefoot but with cushion and arch support. When it was really bad I picked up a pair of insoles from walmart with a arch bridge that also helped. My PF also wont go away but those have made it somewhat tolerable.