jeromychua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is it okay to work out twice a day?

Is it okay to do a full body work out twice a day? After working out for 30-45 minutes a day I find my muscle very tight and hard to continue even though I know my work out isn't enough. I don't even feel sore the next day which is usually an indication of tore muscles from a good workout. I noticed that after resting for an hour or so, my body is perfectly fine again and thought of continuing working out though I haven't really done it. Is this something you would recommend? Work out 45 minutes then rest for a few hours and do another 45 minutes? I feel like I'm under-training?

BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigRegUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hear are my two cents,

if you are 5'8" and 100 lbs, i dont really believe in under-training, but under eating yes. what are you goals?

People who usually work out twice a day are very dedicated and eat a whole lot of nutrient dense food and get plenty of rest, mostly paid pros. Im my opinion, i would not do two ful body workouts in one day. Just because you not sore, doesnt mean your muscles are fatigued. If you want to follow a 2-day routine, which i wouldnt reconmend, you would want to do chest, tri's in the morning then something like hamstrings and calves at night. A whole bunch of different options and routes you can go.

My advice to you. Get on a proven workout program, like a 5x5, or HST if you are looking for a full body workout. Eat a crap load of food and plenty of rest...youll grow.

Dont overtrain, will not be beneficial to you in the long run or short run.

take everything i said with a grain of salt, i am not a pro, read as much as you can, esp. the stickies.
    "you have to have nothing, to have something"

*Meditation Crew*
    *Cold Shower Crew*

+ + Positive Crew + +

persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) persiangirl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally I'd do one work out in a day and do that properly. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with working out twice a day. IF you have the time then go for it, relax for and then continue on. Usually your muscles require some time to rebuild after being broken down, or else you're going to get slow results. It also depends how many days a week you are going to train for. Go for 4-5 days a week, and twice a day. Drink lots of water, and about 2grams of protein per kg of weight. If you work out up to 3 days or less a week, and still twice a day, you are most likely to see slow results.

chrizto4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I may be wrong but it sounds like your going high reps and not heavy enough. Go heavier until it feels like you can bite a broom handle in half by the 6 or 7th rep. That should be about right. The fatigue and pain will come

sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sla07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nothing wrong with it, but its better to separate what you are doing...for example, mornings do cardio, evenings do weight training...and separate it by at least 8 or so hours, if not a little more...your body needs to recover AND needs to replenish itself with the right nutrients...you can work out all you want, but if you dont eat right, and intake the right amount of calories and macros, youre going to suffer and will not get anywhere, becoming discouraged...

gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) gaining_ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dont think it will work out in the long term

determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) determined22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    once your start going onto heavy weights...working out 2wice...wont be a good idea.....and not being sore isnt always a bad thing....trying pushing yourself more in each workout instead of working out 2wice.... i feel like you might be doing light weights with more reps..

bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by determined22 View Post
    once your start going onto heavy weights...working out 2wice...wont be a good idea.....and not being sore isnt always a bad thing....trying pushing yourself more in each workout instead of working out 2wice.... i feel like you might be doing light weights with more reps..
    this.. i also wasn't getting sore..

lift heavier, fewer reps.
    3 sets of 10 reps is all you should need to be completely fukt and want to stop.
    at the end of each set you should feel the burn and be wondring if you're going to get it up on that last rep.

I'm normally sore for 1-2 days after my workout... push the limit of how much you can lift each time.

If yu lift heavier you wont want to work out twice a day (wasting time), because you'll be shattered and NEED the recovery time in order to avoid injury.

AndrewKing18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I often workout twice a day as well. When doing a two a day I usually do my normal workout (For ex. Chest/Tris) first thing in the morning. Usually I go to work afterwards and then on the way home I stop back at the gym and do body weight style workout which usually lasts around 45 minutes or less. The main thing I do to make this work is to make sure Im totally hydrated. I also make sure I have eaten enough during the day.

Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matador1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Depends what muscle you train and how heavy is that training and how many days you train in week.
    It is pointless to work out chest 2 times a day

illiam09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illiam09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeromychua View Post
    Is it okay to do a full body work out twice a day? After working out for 30-45 minutes a day I find my muscle very tight and hard to continue even though I know my work out isn't enough. I don't even feel sore the next day which is usually an indication of tore muscles from a good workout. I noticed that after resting for an hour or so, my body is perfectly fine again and thought of continuing working out though I haven't really done it. Is this something you would recommend? Work out 45 minutes then rest for a few hours and do another 45 minutes? I feel like I'm under-training?
    Its better to undertrain then to over train. Why? Because when you over train you are literally breaking down muscle and it wont come back unless you stop over training. Then you have to rebuild it.
    Also it is okay to train twice a day if your taking in enough food. But why put that amount of stress on you central nervous system? Your nervous system needs a break too. Or you wont make gains.
    That said. Hop on a program. Follow everything it says. If you feel you are under training you are probably during it right. When you feel you are doing it right you are probably over training. You also need a de load week at least once a month so your central nervous system can rest. I wish someone would have told me all of this when i first started.
    Also eat. You need to eat around 1-1.2 g protein per body pound. .4~ g fat per body pound and 75%-105% g of carb per body pound ( though some people can get away with eating more carbs)
    Also why train twice a day? You have to eat more.
    Which in my opinion is a waste of money because you can get the same. If not better results training 1 time a day. UNLESS YOUR AN ATHLETE TRAINING FOR A SPORT. i think that would be the only exception. And you may think your eating enough but i bet your not. You may be eating the right volume but the wrong food sources. Its actually more simple then people make it. Use myfitnesspal.com to track your food intake for a while until you have the right idea on how much of what to eat to get your macros in. And also you need to up your carb and fat by 5-10g once you gain 2-3 lbs. Dont try to gain 5-10 lbs a month because i can promise you its not muscle. Aim for 1-3 lbs a month. That will give you a solid 8-10 lbs muscle a year. Hope that helps. P

jeromychua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the responses guys! I read each one of them and I think I know what I'm doing wrong now. I'll add more weight with fewer reps on my next workout.

GeoTrail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeromychua View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guys! I read each one of them and I think I know what I'm doing wrong now. I'll add more weight with fewer reps on my next workout.
    I used too many reps too, but also with too much weight compared to the reps I did. Now I'm working with a 5x5 program. And I can feel the burn for 2 days after my workout. I have a long 5x5 program which covers the whole body and it takes between 2,5-3 hours to do it all. I'm trying to get 4 different exercises on all major muscle groups to get a proper muscle-tear