fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hopeless 17 year old

Hey guys,

I'm really in a sticky situation.

I'm 17, weigh 110.2kg and am 176cm tall.

No, I'm not in competition mode for Olympia although the stats may put it that way.

I'm very fat.

I need some help and specific advice.

A couple of months ago, I weighed 107kg and started a caloric deficit diet and dropped down to 102kg. At that point, I just stopped losing weight and got very depressed after receiving disappointing academic results. Long story short, forgot the diet and just started eating again.

I'm alright with coming up with a diet but unsure of what my deficit should initially be and when (and how much) to incorporate cardio. Obviously, I can't just keep decreasing my calories because after a while, I'll have to consume 0 calories to lose weight?

Last time I was dieting, I stopped losing weight while on a calorie deficit diet (according to my body weight). Why is this?

I'm not particularly concerned with ensuring that I don't lose any muscle while cutting.

I want to diet until the end of the year and hopefully lose 20-30kg. Is this reasonable?

I would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks on advance.

jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Guys around here have much more knowledge than me (i'm a newbie to to a degree, lost about 20kg but only now am i coming to look at and understand the actual calorie counting etc).

Based on a quick calculator i found on the net, it reckons your maintenance calories is about 2500. General rule of thumb i've seen so far is aim for 500 deficit and see how you go after 3 weeks, if no loss then drop by another 500 and see again in another 3 weeks.

Means aim for 2000 calories a day intake, then when you do any cardio do not increase your intake, allow you to have a bigger deficit that day.

How long did you seem to plateu when you were previously on a deficit? Did you then further reduce your calories or up the cardio? I've go no idea why, but if you can answer those then maybe others here can answer you based on that

Cheers

edit: oh, and dedication is key mate. When i lost my initial weight i honestly didn't focus on the kg's i was losing, just focussed on keeping up the exercise and eating pretty well. Diet is the biggest key, you can exercise liek a madman but if you are consuming excessive calories its not going to do you any good when it comes to fat loss

anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fatihbro View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm really in a sticky situation.

I'm 17, weigh 110.2kg and am 176cm tall.

No, I'm not in competition mode for Olympia although the stats may put it that way.

I'm very fat.

I need some help and specific advice.

A couple of months ago, I weighed 107kg and started a caloric deficit diet and dropped down to 102kg. At that point, I just stopped losing weight and got very depressed after receiving disappointing academic results. Long story short, forgot the diet and just started eating again.

I'm alright with coming up with a diet but unsure of what my deficit should initially be and when (and how much) to incorporate cardio. Obviously, I can't just keep decreasing my calories because after a while, I'll have to consume 0 calories to lose weight?

Last time I was dieting, I stopped losing weight while on a calorie deficit diet (according to my body weight). Why is this?

I'm not particularly concerned with ensuring that I don't lose any muscle while cutting.

I want to diet until the end of the year and hopefully lose 20-30kg. Is this reasonable?

I would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks on advance.
    First of all, don't panic. you can lose 20kg~25kg in 6 months if you do everything right.
    It is actually simple: If you cut 500 calories you'll lose approx. 0.5kg /week.
    If you cut 1000 calories you'll lose approx 1kg/week (Recommended for you if you aim to the 20~25kg lose in 6 months).

Keep proteins level between 1.5 to 2.5gr multiplied your body weight. means if your weight is 110kg then keep protein in about 170grams/ day.
    your diet should be around 1600 calories, with 170gr protein. (try doing that for 1 week and see a change in your weight - approx 1kg change)

By the way, you'd probably ask me why I don't tell you to lose 500 calories first below the 2600 calories you need to consume,then the answer is simply - you're VERY fat and you want to see results as soon as possible. give it a try, one week, eat 1600 calories (170gr protein atleast) and boom! you'll see a really good change in about 3 months. remember, stay dedicated.

fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatihbro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much for the replies guys. What do you guys think about caloric cycling? It's imperative, in my opinion, or I will plateau quite quickly.

How does this sound:

Day 1: 1600cal
    2: 1500cal
    3: 1800cal
    Repeat

anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anarhist94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much for the replies guys. What do you guys think about caloric cycling? It's imperative, in my opinion, or I will plateau quite quickly.

How does this sound:

Repeat
    Awesome. (do not forget, 170proteins every day and you will be alright!)

jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jpw007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Couldn't hurt to try. I'd personally give it 2 weeks rather than 1, purely because you want to rule out any natural fluctuations in weight

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    The end result of daily calorie cycling is the same as eating the same thing every day.
    The example you posted above:
    Comes out to be an average of 1633 cal/day. Since your body can take upwards of 48 hours for protein synthesis, your body wouldn't be able to see the difference.
    It would be much easier on you psychologically not to micromanage your intake.

All intake needs to be weighed accurately and recorded. Weight and tape measurements need to be recorded for a couple of weeks before diet efficiency can be evaluated.

You stalled out the last time you had attempted to lose weight because your body may have adapter to the lower calorie intake you were giving it.
    The human body is an amazing thing, it is built for survival. If you take away too many calories too quickly it will try its best to preserve itself even at a calorie deficit.

Here is an article you may find interesting:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...iet-break.html
    I'm currently in the 2nd week of a diet break for the same reason, I plateaud after a few months.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) d3lf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no need to cycle until you get closer to the single digits. Make it easy on yourself; don't overthink it. Losing fat is really easy if you just don't overdo it.

I Ate A Baby Once AustisticDingo's Avatar
    AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10) AustisticDingo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fasting on juicing is the best method of losing weight and getting unbelievably healthy in a short period of time I have seen.
    Buy a juicer and throw 2/3 greens and maybe 1/3 fruits and other veg and that'll be your breakfast, it fills you up and is cheaper than coco pops and all those other cereals with f***-all macronutrients.

Goodluck brah

- R.I.P ~ Aziz 'Zyzz' Shavershian -

eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WTF are half the posts in this thread.

eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eliseash View Post
    Agreed. Most of them have read the stickies maybe once and now claim to be weight loss experts yet are probably still overweight themselves.
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by eloblivion View Post
    Agreed. Most of them have read the stickies maybe once and now claim to be weight loss experts yet are probably still overweight themselves.
    Care to enlighten us?
    On the road to 1250

eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 71Avido View Post
    Care to enlighten us?
    Assuming one will eventually have to consume zero calories to lose weight
    Recommending 1600 calories (esp given OP has a ****ty track record of sticking to anything)
    Calorie cycling
    Juice fasting

Its a freaking circus.

Also, I did say half. Don't sweat it.

Recommending 1600 calories (esp given OP has a ****ty track record of sticking to anything)
    Calorie cycling
    Juice fasting

Its a freaking circus.

Ah I gotcha, I did a double take at those as well.
    I'm here to learn and share what limited knowledge I have. If I'm spreading bad info, I want to know. That was the purpose of my last post.
    On the road to 1250

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

How does this sound:

Repeat
    No, this is senseless tinkering.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions
    2. Calculate your calories and macros
    3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that goes in your pie hole.
    5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Count 'em like an accountant with OCD.
    6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength
    7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^ /thread.
    www.grazethesky.com

Calorie cycling
    Juice fasting

Its a freaking circus.

Yay, none of which i suggested!

/pats self on back

joltx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^ agreed defintly hit up myfitnesspal it really helps you see exactly what you are consuming. And remember to take everything you eat into concideration. there are countless people who say oo im eating 1800 cals or 1600 and i cant lose any weight whats the problem? they over look something and usually are takeing in more with out even realizing it.