TorontoSol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ISSA CFT Exam...glitch?

Hi everyone,

So...not sure if this is an issue of mine or theirs so I thought I'd present it to the majority and see what y'all determine. Just submitted by ISSA Exam last week and the next day got an e-mail saying I essentially mucked up case studies 1 and 2, questions 4, 5, 6 of each.
    Okay that's disheartening...but also crazy odd. What particularly caught my attention was that they claimed I did not submit a 12 week plan for either - when I had in fact for both. (I actually made a point of saving EVERYTHING I answered to a word file before hitting submit. And when the exam was unlocked for me to double check, my original plans are still there showing all 12 weeks.) Also, it struck me as peculiar that I mucked up the same questions in both studies in exactly the same way.

I phoned them but was basically told "yeah, just call us before resubmitting." Now I'm a bit paranoid, because I suspect this counts as my second chance. So I was hoping anyone here might look over my answers and just confirm - yes, I really do need to redo my responses - or no, looks fine and I'm right to think this is bizarre.
    So attached is my original, unedited submission. (Along with the learning experiences - just in case. The e-mail doesn't mention them at all but feel free to go over them if you're so inclined.)

Please and thank you!
    I'm very grateful for any wisdom, advice, guidance.
    Attached Files

koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im a bit confused. i am doing this program also and im on week 5 and i did take a look at the case studies and the questions. if they told you exactly how you were wrong on those questions why not correct and resubmit? and im sure the 12 week thing is a glitch though. if you didnt actually mess up the exam and you passed i dont see how it would count as a second chance.
    Science can help you get where you want to be, not some random guy or gimmicky work out. Everyone's body is different and doesn't always respond to certain work outs the same, so what makes one guy huge may not work for you. But you can never go wrong with constantly switching it up.

Originally Posted by koryman101 View Post
    im a bit confused. i am doing this program also and im on week 5 and i did take a look at the case studies and the questions. if they told you exactly how you were wrong on those questions why not correct and resubmit? and im sure the 12 week thing is a glitch though. if you didnt actually mess up the exam and you passed i dont see how it would count as a second chance.
    That's just it, I'm confused too.

At first I thought, "Oh, snap! This is not good..." and immediate went to double check. From what I can tell, I DID address everything they mentioned the first time. Sure, not perfectly, but everything's at least touched on in some form, I think - whereas they're saying I didn't mention it AT ALL. That plus the 12 week thing has me inclined to think everything involved with my answers to the case studies is...bugged? I'm not saying I'm right, but please, read and compare for yourself.

Here's the excerpt from the e-mail:
    With regard to question 4 you did not address your professional responsibilities and demonstrate your competency in data collection, evaluations and assessment administrations. In addition you failed to link the results of the data gathered and results of tests administered to your program recommendations as you did you provide the rationale behind your recommendation regarding the frequency, intensity, time and type of cardiovascular, resistance training and flexibility exercises you recommended for the weeks you did provide. There needs to be an apparent link between your initial evaluation, assessment tests results overall exercise program design to ensure that the recommendations are congruent with what the clients can currently do and how your programming will get them to where they want to go.

With regard to the 5th question you did not submit all 12 of the required weeks.

With regard to your sixth question you did not provide how your nutrition recommendations would support your exercise recommendations as they work in unison toward getting these clients to their intended goals. Once again there needs to be an apparent link between your initial evaluation, assessment tests results overall exercise program design and how your nutrition recommendation support it all.

I don't mind being wrong - it's just another experience to learn from then - but I still need to know where/how I was wrong so I can benefit from the lesson within. That's where I'm asking for help.

Once again, thanks to anyone who takes the time.

koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) koryman101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it sounds to me like hes saying he only got some of the weeks of your program but not all of them (the glitch) and he's saying you didnt fully explain the science behind your nutrition recommendations to link how it gives them more energy/fat loss for your specific program. and you didnt go in-depth on how your entire program synergy works specifically towards that client. i guess they want you to really hand-hold this theoretical person and act like you are their teacher and explain every little detail and every detail behind each detail. seems like they are being way OCD about this project, but that does help me so when i do it i will make it 50 pages long so they cant bitch haha. I'd say be overly thorough before you resubmit and make sure everything links up, If your having this theoretical client do something - explain exactly how/why each and every exercise will help benefit towards their specific goal.
    Science can help you get where you want to be, not some random guy or gimmicky work out. Everyone's body is different and doesn't always respond to certain work outs the same, so what makes one guy huge may not work for you. But you can never go wrong with constantly switching it up.

Thanks for your input. Heh, got it up to the size of a small manual now.

Since apparently a lot of people are viewing my file but no one else is actually participating in the conversation I'm going to be taking it down now. (...Or try to since I apparently lost the ability to edit after a certain amount of time.)
    Last edited by TorontoSol; 07-17-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Addendum in paranthesis

Registered User andrew.mclauchlan's Avatar
    andrew.mclauchlan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    did you end up getting it resolved? Just a few questions, based on your submission. Chad is a Category 1 older adult but you still chose to have his reps at 10?? dont you think being a 55 y/o male his reps should be 15 for 1-3? also i see you have the rest days but do not include stretching during training days. Increasing ROM should be a primary goal and stretching after the muscle are warm also i see month 2 that you did this once a week for 4 weeks. Increasing ROM should have more emphasis i believe. Also just an add too maybe mention more about strengthening the muscles and increasing ROM for injury prevention as the most common injury areas for golfers are the hips, back, shoulders, wrist, and elbows. Hope you got it resolved but it looks pretty good. Also you write cardio but didnt write what exactly. is he doing a 20 min jog, or 30 min walk, or 20 min stationary bike, etc.