Closed Thread
    xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking My 6 Week Experience log with Ben Pakulski's MI40

OK So I am a big advocate of low volume high frequency training. I hit everything twice a week, with 3 sets per body part (6 for back). I grow real well, but I have been doing this for quite some time. I had been looking for a change up, shock the body for a bit, then get back to my usual training.

I had been reading a lot about MI40, and have been watching videos from Ben for years. With his degree in kenisiology and biomechanics, the man really knows how the muscles work, and through the most efficient range of motion, creating the most tension possible in the muscle and making it grow!

When I saw this video it sold me.

So I figured what the hell, it couldn't hurt. So here is what I got:

There is like 8 hours of instructional videos! How to really work the muscle in the most efficient way possible, with tricks to increase the tension big time. There is also many e-books going over the routine, exercise execution, and diet.

For the price of the routine, you simply cannot go wrong. I am learning stuff I will be using throughout the rest of my lifting career.

In respect for Ben, this log will just be an "experience" log. Ben took A LOT of time putting this together, so I will not be going into too much detail about the workouts. But letting you know how I feel, and how the workouts are over all.

So subscribe if you have been looking at this routine. It is going to be a fun run!

Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

So I am 2 weeks into the routine. Today started week 3. Here is what I can sum up thus far:

- I did not opt for the "primer" section of the routine. It is a week to slowly ease in to the routine. I just went from my 3 sets per body part the the much higher volume...BAD idea! The first 10 days I was BRUTALLY sore. Never had DOMS so bad in my legs. My quads and calves literally were sore for 10 days. Not just sore but so bad I was limping badly.

- I hear bodybuilders all the time say it is not about the weight, but then we see them throwing around ungodly amounts of iron. Truly this is not about the weight lifted. It is about using the muscle how it was designed to be used. Keeping tension and increasing tensions with Ben's techniques called "Intensions"

I had to drop weight drastically. For incline press for example. I can hit 225 for 8 no problem...using Intensions, I used 135lbs and failed at 8 reps. Every exercise has dropped drastically in weight, but I am feeling the muscles SO much more.

- I am up about 12 pounds in 2 weeks. Yes it sounds like a lot, but keep in mind going from LOW volume to Higher, and going from eating 100g of carb per day to 300g, my insulin levels have gone up a lot.

So there is def some muscle gain happening, but also a lot more glycogen storage and water. I keep getting comments in the gym saying I am looking a lot bigger and fuller...something is working!

Here is a quick video summing up the past 2 weeks:

I hit Quads and calves today. Now that my body has adapted to this new style of training. The weights are going up. My endurance has gone up a lot as well. I almost couldn't make it through the first workout, now I can get through and not feel like I am going to die haha. I remember thinking after the first few sessions that "This routine will either KILL me or make me a MONSTER"

I took 1.5 scoops of the new MusclePrime Core factor along with 1 scoop of Hemavol. Awesome focus and energy, and the pump was insane.

I am feeling awesome now! Loving the pumps. Hitting Delts and Triceps tomorrow, making cannon balls and horseshoes buddy!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice stuff so for Steven. How are things going in regards to weight gain, muscle gain, definition etc.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wil be following as I am a big fan of Ben!

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Been slammed at work this week. Asked the GF to marry me as well this week. So we are working on planning a wedding and all that good stuff.

Workouts have been AWESOME. Now I feel my body is fully adapted to this style of training, not the workouts but the style. Recovering fast, endurance has improved greatly, strength has been growing up now.

Tried some really cool, unique exercises this week. Ben has this cool way of doing Reverse grip pulldowns, like very unique. Hit my lats in a way that I have never felt before, def going to be implementing this into my routine even after MI40.

As I said in the video, the high blood sugars and insulin levels lead to a pretty quick fat gain, so lets see, now that I am adapted if I can lean out doing this.

Giant sets coming up in the future, very excited!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Progress picture. 176.8lbs. I decided to try to lean out more, I got a little out of hand with the carbs the first two weeks, which caused my blood sugars to go crazy and get fat....put on muscle as well.

I can see it in my shoulders and arms for sure. Always been my stubborn body parts

Now that I have my diet set up more towards fat loss, blood sugars are perfect. Workouts have been awesome. I seem to just react very well with lower carbs.

Weights have gone up significantly. The first week or 2 you are not using very much weight, but as you adapt, they start picking up. Though their are still some exercises which the light weights feel heavy. The way Ben has you do lying leg curls...i struggle with 40lbs Such a TIGHT squeeze though.

Monsterous shoulder and tricep workout tomorrow. Tomorrow is my "carb" day, so after looking at this workout, it will deplete me quite a bit, so fill back up.

Sorry for the lack of updates, just been slammed!

Last edited by xStevenx; 07-20-2012 at 03:00 AM.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Had an AWESOME workout today. Felt like my delts were going to explode! Giant sets are great, toss in the all of Ben's way of doing thing, it is almost Masochismic (yea i made that word)

Striated like crazy. I swear the lighting in my gym makes you look like you are 5% bodyfat leaner than you actually are haha.

Was nice to have some more carbs today, add some extra in my intra drink, and a lot more to my Post workout meal.

Back to low carbing it for another week starting tomorrow. Tomorrow I have some cardio in the AM, then Chest and Biceps, and seeing Batman at some point

Last edited by xStevenx; 07-21-2012 at 06:34 AM.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

WEIGHT 7/14/12 - 176.8lbs
    WEIGHT 7/21/12 - 173.6lbs
    Net Change - 3.2lbs

Yes that is a lot in one week, but this is week one, so there was def some water drop this week. Look much better, I must have been bloated like crazy.

I am trying to get my fiance to go to the gym with me today, Maybe she can record some of the training and I can put a couple clips up.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well did 30mins on the stepmill this AM, came home ate breakfast, let it settle in my stomach then back to the gym for chest and biceps.

Considering I just trained shoulders and triceps yesterday, I was not sure how this workout was going to go. But using "intentions" from all of the presses I did...all I felt was my pecs. On my second set the pump was picking up hard, by then end of the first exercise I had Double D's lol

Then moved over to biceps. Again, awesome awesome pump.

Tired as hell right now. Going to take a nap, eat, then go see Batman.

Looking at next weeks schedule...it is going to be a TOUGH week! CAN'T WAIT!!!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN!!! pumped to see the results! fan of BPAK!
    advertising not permitted

30 Mins on the step mill this AM. Bumped up how fast it moved this AM, was sweating like crazy!

I took a few pictures, and it is crazy how powerful insulin is. I had about 7 to 10 days where my blood sugars were high, so insulin levels were way up. Packed on fat real FAST.

This past week I got everything back under control...and well look at the difference...

Not too bad. About 174 lbs now, was about 184 in the "fat" picture.

Side Triceps

Starting look a lot better, arms seem to be improving, the measurements are def up.

Back and Hamstrings tonight, going to KILL IT!!!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Had some early appointments this morning, so only had 20mins to fit in cardio. Did 10 mins of 60 second sprint/60second walk intervals followed by 10 mins walking on an incline.

Today was my first time doing giant sets. Now I cannot say how many exercises, or techniques, or anything but my freaking pecs were so full! I could not even do 1 pushup by the very end lol. It is now a few hours after training and my chest is still tight.

Tomorrow is quads and giant sets, again sorry no details...you gotta pay for that info But after looking at it, I do not know how I am going to walk out of the gym. But I am excited!

So here is some B-Pak Quadzilla Motivation!

BRING ON THE PAIN!!!!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Well I had another very busy week this week. I had a vendor in town all week, so I was doing a lot of driving.

The quad giant sets were nuts! Never had a pump like that before. I was sore the next day but nothing terrible.

Yesterday for back and hamstrings, Ben had Tri-Sets for hams. Like a mini giant set. I really liked them.

Today was shoulders and triceps, again great workout. Every workout with MI40 has been great!

Weighed in the same as last week 173.6, but according to the bodyfat calipers I lost 1lb of fat. Here are some pics from last night and today...

This week is the last week of the routine. Overall I am VERY happy with the results! Tomorrow is an off day. I will do my LISS cardio in the AM and I found this very steep hill near my house and I am going to do some hill sprints for my HIIT

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Talking

END OF MI40 RESULTS!

Well Friday was the last day of MI40...

I had a freaking blast over the past 40 days! Really learned to work the muscles in a completely different way. Proved to myself that yes heavy weights are important, but what is more important is TENSION. My weights throughout this for the most part were that of a 15 year old beginner haha, but applying INTENTIONS and using special angles, and using a TRUE ROM for each muscle, how it was designed to move.

Now the last week of the routine I started to experience really bad insomnia. Never had it before in my life. I was looking into it, and going low carb and the big change from Extreme low volume to very High Volume, I was a little over-trained I think.

Anyways! Here are the measurement results.

DAY 1 | DAY 40 | Change
    Weight: 164.4lb 177lbs + 12.6lbs
    BF%: 13.5% 10.2% - 3.3%
    Arms: 14.5" 15.25" + .75"
    Legs: 24" 24.875" + .875"
    Calves: 14.75" 15.5" + .75"
    Chest: 42" 44" + 2"
    Delts: 47" 48" + 1"

All I can say is wow! 6 Weeks and some EXTREME changes. I think a big thing to do was going from the extreme deficit I had been eating, real low low carb to Ben's style of eating, and optimizing nutrients at certain times. Trying to boost GH.

Before and After's

Overall I am extremely impressed and happy with the results. I will cycle between my regular Low Volume, heavy training and this from here on out! I would like to give a big shout out to my boys at ALLMAX. The new MusclePrime really got me through these grueling workouts, and Ben tries to optimize GH, and the GH blend in this was a great tie in to this routine! Going to cycle off stims for a bit, but I will be coming back to this tub as soon as I am done!!!

Tomorrow starts Ben's 21 Days to Bigger Arms. I will see how much bigger I can get my arms. They are a huge blaring weakness to my physique, I hate them!

I will update when I finish the Arm specialization routine.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ALLMAX USA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Steven, awesome work!!! A workout is just a workout until you add the drive and dedication you put into this! Keep it up!
    ALLMAX USA
    www.allmaxnutrition.com

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great work and progress to build off of.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

icewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    regarding the workout length how do you keep the workout time to 40 minutes if the are 30 sets in a workout? e.g. back and hams (20 sets back, 10 sets hams)

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome stuff man!
    advertising not permitted

MohawkNation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the program too. In the primer week, do you know if you are supposed to do giant sets or is it 3 minute rest between every set?

JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeDemers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Steven! I train at home and dont have access to any machines, only freeweights. Is it possible to do this workout without any machines?

youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100) youcanonlytry is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd like to know this too

lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000) lefteris7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How did the 21-day arm blast go?

000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 000new000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You still around? Can you be a bit more specific about your diet changes. Did your total calorie intake change or just the ratio of carbs to protein?Sounds like alot of your weight gain may have come from eating more. Congratulations on getting what you wanted however it happened though.