fullmetalmoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Olympic lifts with mild scoliosis.

I'm a 22 year old about 7 months into lifting and I have a hug interest in oly lifts. My deadlift is one of my stronger lifts at 165 lbs at a 3x5 315 pull. It is also the only lift that causes my upper back to hurt around the area where my scoliosis curve is. I want to get more into snatching because it's a much more exciting lift to me, and though my chiropractor has already told me lifts are great for me, I wonder if this is a safe thing going foward, or will my back progress freeze here?

Anyone else with similar right or left-side scoliosis have experience?

Back pic attached showing the curve
    Attached Images

Registered User borislavsabchev's Avatar
    borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borislavsabchev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had scoliosis before and it improved dramatically with the help of a physio and resistance training. That being said - "will my back progress freeze here?" what do you mean by that? Hypertrophy? I'd say that the snatch is not a particularly good exercise for that due to its nature. It's fine if you like it as a lift, but for a big back I'd focus on deadlifts, rows, pull ups, lat pulldowns etc. In terms of safety, you should be able to tell if the lift feels alright, albeit more challenging due to the complexity of the lift and the mobility required to get in the right position.
    Dip. ISSN, CISSN
    https://www.********.com/BorislavSabchev01/
    https://www.instagram.com/borislavsabchev