Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys any tips for increasing the POWER of the upward hip movement during the tackle? squats cleans maybe?
    Last edited by Skarlo; 07-11-2012 at 08:25 PM.

tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) tomgaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skarlo View Post
    Hey guys any tips for increasing the POWER of the upward hip movement during the tackle? squats cleans maybe?
    well you've got your 3 squatting exercises... back, front and box squats, i tink box squats really help get that explosiveness and activate the glutes, and full and power cleans is all explosive movement

KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think I know the problem, it sounds like you are waiting for him to come to you. He would have full momentum, so know matter how big you are he would knock you over. Heres what you do... When you see him coming make sure u get a three-four steps of running and hit him with your shoulders at the waist. What you want to do is act like your flipping a tire. Get low, get your butt down, and leap foward and put that guy in the dirt.
    Snapple Bowl 2011 All-Star

xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KevRU View Post
    I think I know the problem, it sounds like you are waiting for him to come to you. He would have full momentum, so know matter how big you are he would knock you over. Heres what you do... When you see him coming make sure u get a three-four steps of running and hit him with your shoulders at the waist. What you want to do is act like your flipping a tire. Get low, get your butt down, and leap foward and put that guy in the dirt.
    Thanks, that flipping a tire thing helps me get the concept also. I think I got it down pretty much. We shall see next week for my next defence practice. Thanks (:
    BSU2020/Pre-Physician Assistant

30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Along with all the technique advice everybody has given you remember to hit with confidence and bad intentions.
    www.TrainWithSykes.com

Check out my Youtube Channel: TrainWithSykes

Please like the ******** Page: www.********.com/ITrainWithSykes

If your not getting better your getting worse. There is no in-between.

SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Skarlo View Post
    I think you have your answers! All olympic lifts are great and I'm a huge advocate of box jumps and hurdles (just save your knees and limit the number of ground impacts). Check out the vids and tips of Jon Chaimberg. http://www.adrenalineperformancecenter.com/. He's the #1 athletic trainer in Canada. He's trained UFC fighters like George St. Pierre. He always has great advice on improving explosiveness.

Originally Posted by 30Sacks View Post
    Along with all the technique advice everybody has given you remember to hit with confidence and bad intentions.
    1000% agree. Technique gets you really far but you have to have that nasty mentality that makes you want to drive right through the player! Get MEAN!
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Rep

SixStarProNutrition.com | ********.com/SixStarNutrition | @SixStarPro | YouTube.com/SixStarNutrition

xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SixStarPro View Post
    I think you have your answers! All olympic lifts are great and I'm a huge advocate of box jumps and hurdles (just save your knees and limit the number of ground impacts). Check out the vids and tips of Jon Chaimberg. http://www.adrenalineperformancecenter.com/. He's the #1 athletic trainer in Canada. He's trained UFC fighters like George St. Pierre. He always has great advice on improving explosiveness.

1000% agree. Technique gets you really far but you have to have that nasty mentality that makes you want to drive right through the player! Get MEAN!
    Thanks. Past week or so ever since you've gave me this info no one has gotten passed me so far. We did a drill where one man goes out catches the ball and runs it back 1v1 and i was undefeated. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
    BSU2020/Pre-Physician Assistant

SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xSteven View Post
    Thanks. Past week or so ever since you've gave me this info no one has gotten passed me so far. We did a drill where one man goes out catches the ball and runs it back 1v1 and i was undefeated. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Good stuff man! Let me know if you have any other football related questions. Any time I can talk football, I'm enjoying life!

Luke -
    Team Six Star
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Rep

SixStarProNutrition.com | ********.com/SixStarNutrition | @SixStarPro | YouTube.com/SixStarNutrition

JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100) JP1FLY is not very well liked. (-100)
    Put Your Foot Out and Trip Him !) Just Playing I dont know if this answer was already given but you got to first = his speed so you got to drive at him as fast as hes moving or fater keep your eyes on his belly button alone dont look anywhere else his belly button whill tell you everything tackle the belly button and your there last and most important you got to get ****ing mean hitt that bitch hard you got to put the ****ing fear in him so he does not want none of you and thats it he willll tackle him self and have no chance