Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Commercial grade indoor upright bikes

Hello everyone.

I've been considering the Life Fitness Platinum upright, True CS900, and Cybex 700 GO. Are there any other models out there that are built tough and have consoles available that have a lot of flexibility? (Options to keep people engaged)

Or any insight you have on the above models would be greatly appreciated!

matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Check several threads here on Airdynes and other fitness bikes. Those of us who race bikes have chimed in with a variety of newer and better alternatives.

Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by matchsprint View Post
    Check several threads here on Airdynes and other fitness bikes. Those of us who race bikes have chimed in with a variety of newer and better alternatives.
    Thank you for the response. I didn't really seriously consider the Airdyne until you mentioned it, so that was helpful.

That being said - there have been some comments about the airdyne quality "plummeting" since being purchased by Bowflex (?)... Aside from that and the negative comments about adjustability ("not made for tall people", "not made for short people" (handlebar position / length))...

I am more concerned about longer cardio workouts... 45-60 mins... For overall cardio health, but most specifically to increase cranial blood flow.

While the airdyne may do that, it seems to really whip people fast... Where they don't do these long workouts, but rather shorter, intense ones.

Anyways - something for me to still consider and greatly appreciate you mentioning it.

Other than that - I'm wondering what might be a better forum to post on other than BB... As this post didn't seem to attract a lot of attention here. Any recommendations on a good cycling forum maybe?

matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post
    Thank you for the response. I didn't really seriously consider the Airdyne until you mentioned it, so that was helpful.

That being said - there have been some comments about the airdyne quality "plummeting" since being purchased by Bowflex (?)... Aside from that and the negative comments about adjustability ("not made for tall people", "not made for short people" (handlebar position / length))...

I am more concerned about longer cardio workouts... 45-60 mins... For overall cardio health, but most specifically to increase cranial blood flow.

While the airdyne may do that, it seems to really whip people fast... Where they don't do these long workouts, but rather shorter, intense ones.

Anyways - something for me to still consider and greatly appreciate you mentioning it.

Other than that - I'm wondering what might be a better forum to post on other than BB... As this post didn't seem to attract a lot of attention here. Any recommendations on a good cycling forum maybe?
    Sorry, I wasn't actually intending to endorse the Airdyne. In these posts I've recommended alternatives -- usually get a used Kurt Kinetic or other rear-wheel bike trainer and an inexpensive bike to put on it. Then you can adjust correctly for fit and get a high quality training setup for not much money. Some recommend rollers, but you have to have good balance on them and have to pay attention -- I use them all the time but don't think it's what most weightlifters really are looking for. There are newer units that put a drag on the rear wheel of a bike or completely replace it (check out the Wahoo Kickr) with an electromagnetic system that allows you to dial in the watts of resistance you want, do intervals, graduated workouts, or even match your resistance to the gradients and speeds of an actual race or tour you can watch on a tv at the same time. Pretty crazy.

Check www.weightweenies.com and www.paceline.com for active discussions on training equipment and techniques. I don't really recommend BikeForums -- too much garbage and uninformed posting to wade through. There's also FastTwitch, focused more on triathletes and the like. For reviews on almost anything related to endurance training, check out DCRainmaker.com. Superb reviews.