wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm a beginner to weightlifting/muscle building and got some questions please help me

im a 15yr old basketball player and trying to gain some muscle/weight.

Is 15 to young for creatine,should I take it or not?

Is it bad to do some cardio when trying to gain muscle?

I take some whey protein, can I mix some fruits in their or does it affect the protein?

I need a diet big time ,I've been cutting down on the chocolates and sodas and eating healthy but is that bad cause I'm trying to gain muscle?what types of food should I eat ?

And should I do arms 1 day then next day legs and repeat or do u have a better idea?

PLEASE ANSWER IT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS

shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000) shaneaunt is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by wiggahigga View Post

I take some whey protein, can I mix some fruits in their or does it affect the protein?

I need a diet big time ,I've been cutting down on the chocolates and sodas and eating healthy but is that bad cause I'm trying to gain muscle?what types of food should I eat ?

And should I do arms 1 day then next day legs and repeat or do u have a better idea?

Take creatine, do cardio but eat more, mix it with fruits if you want, any food but you get your protein and hit your macros, No chest?

wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shaneaunt View Post
    Take creatine, do cardio but eat more, mix it with fruits if you want, any food but you get your protein and hit your macros, No chest?
    I try to bench for my chest but can't bench very much but I'm working on it

Can anybody else help????

Jonathanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If it is the off season then don't do cardio and eat a diet high in protein, eat a **** ton. 6-7 meals a day, spaced 2-3 hours apart. Eat complex carbs (Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, sweet potato/yams, whole wheat bread) lean red meats, fish, and white meat chicken (chicken breast) take 5g of Creatine after you work out with some simple carbs; Pretty much anything sugery of 30-60g. Try SS for a beginning program, and a little bit of fruit like apples, oranges, berries, can be counted as your simple carbs. So it's fine, also take around 30-40g of whey protein after you lift as well.
    Last edited by Jonathanx; 07-07-2012 at 09:10 PM.

But only take Creatine for around 8 weeks, then stop for 2 weeks. And drink 8 bottles of water, or a gallon, and if you can drink more! You should only drink water. If you don't drink enough water when supplementing Creatine you will have a lot of cramp and the Creatine will not be used as well.

Also you can refer to a recent thread in the forums. "Important tips for beginners"

bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bretfarve24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Yea u could take creative and it will help
    If you do cardio you will get more lean muscle if you want to be bigger eat more and do cardio
    Mixing whey protein with fruits is possible but if you are going to diet you need to make sure you know the macros
    Eat lots of proteins and fruits and vegetables cut carbs and drink milk with lower fat or drink milk alternatives
    Do compound exercise routines to start off unless you find a workout routine I don't recommend trying to make your own if you are a beginner

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some absolutely terrible advice ITT.

OP, listen up.

If you're new to lifting, rippetoes SS or babylovers modified SS with some well placed accessory work will be fine. Make sure you do some rear delt work, for example.
    Calculate your daily macronutrient and caloric needs with this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

You DO NOT have to eat every 2-3 hours and 6+ meals per day if you don't want to. Meal timing is essentially irrelevant in terms of its affects upon body composition.
    Carbs and and Fats are NOT the enemy. If you're bulking, eat your carbs.
    Having a protein shake immediately post workout isn't 100% necessary provided you haven't been training in a pre-fasted state.
    Eat your fruit and veggies. No issues here. The whole complex vs simple carbs thing isn't really much of an issue in terms of body composition.
    You DO NOT have to cycle creatine. You can load it if you want to, but it's not 100% necessary. What matters is reaching the saturation point and then maintaining. 3-5g per day would suffice in a single dose.
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Codyfitness has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jonathanx View Post
    Also you can refer to a recent thread in the forums. "Important tips for beginners"
    learn to hit edit post so u dont have to spam with replies... and yes op do cardio dont listen to this idiot.. cardio can help with recovery and wtf do u care about your heart?
    Cutting for a while..

The word Fatigue is your mind quitting before your body
    The word Exaustion is when your body is at its limit

Anybody else???

Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100) Jaccogo is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you want to bulk for basketball (ergo you want to be a great basketball player) not playing basketball would be stupid. I currently am working out almost every day and doing 2 hours of cardio on average (basketball) as well with friends or just pick up games.

I think that not playing basketball would make you worse - skill is more important that physique, though having muscle is important so you should lift. Just eat that much more I'd think.

Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post
    Some absolutely terrible advice ITT.

OP, listen up.

If you're new to lifting, rippetoes SS or babylovers modified SS with some well placed accessory work will be fine. Make sure you do some rear delt work, for example.
    Calculate your daily macronutrient and caloric needs with this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

You DO NOT have to eat every 2-3 hours and 6+ meals per day if you don't want to. Meal timing is essentially irrelevant in terms of its affects upon body composition.
    Carbs and and Fats are NOT the enemy. If you're bulking, eat your carbs.
    Having a protein shake immediately post workout isn't 100% necessary provided you haven't been training in a pre-fasted state.
    Eat your fruit and veggies. No issues here. The whole complex vs simple carbs thing isn't really much of an issue in terms of body composition.
    You DO NOT have to cycle creatine. You can load it if you want to, but it's not 100% necessary. What matters is reaching the saturation point and then maintaining. 3-5g per day would suffice in a single dose.
    This! Don't listen to the bull **** the others are saying!

Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koalaity is on a distinguished road. (+10)

you can take creatine

you should start strength read http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5564721&page=1
    I Rep Back

Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tom550 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh and take some time to read the stickies. If you still have a question after reading them then feel free to ask.

Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Igmann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This coming from someone who played VS basketball in HS @ a very competitive HS for all 4 years...Take my advice here.

It's not too young. Feel free to take 3-5 grams/day year round.

Cardio in general is very important if you want to be a good basketball player. Always do cardio although when you're training cardio at non-basketball related training, do so on the bike to save your joints.

It doesn't affect the protein, feel free to mix fruit.

When I was training for college basketball (never made it far b/c of injuries) I was eating everything in my path. About 4000 calories a day would be a bare minimum to recover from the 3-5 hours of practice + weight training. Eat everything unless you have problems with insulin.

There's no need to train arms directly if you want to be better at basketball.

Here's what you should do:

- Rippetoes 3X5 (starting strength)
    - 4000 calories a day
    - Train basketball cardio like you normally would

If squatting three times a week is wearing down your joints or negatively affecting your practices, then cut it down to squatting 2 times a week.

A couple of things that carried over to basketball that I noticed personally:

Squats/Deadlifts help with jumping unlike anything else

High intensity interval training improved foot speed and agility unlike anything else