Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How to run miles?

I'm doing cross country and I'm supposed to run 10 miles most days independently and I'm wondering if I should run 10 miles nonstop even if I die out and have to slowly run the rest or If I should split it up throughout the day and run 5 miles in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. I feel like the split would be better for me but I don't like the idea of stopping to rest because I feel like it's giving up :/
    Karmaloop-BrickHarbor-PLNDR Rep
    Use Rep Code: Decept20 for 20% off the latest styles and fashionable clothes!
    PM for questions

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Decept View Post
    I'm doing cross country and I'm supposed to run 10 miles most days independently and I'm wondering if I should run 10 miles nonstop even if I die out and have to slowly run the rest or If I should split it up throughout the day and run 5 miles in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. I feel like the split would be better for me but I don't like the idea of stopping to rest because I feel like it's giving up :/
    If 10 miles at once is a drastically far reach, then I think you should split it up and work your way up to that number. Even then, 10 miles straight without any kind of rest is some serious stuff. Your body will probably collapse due to glycogen depletion if you dont have your nutrition in check.

I would so don't force it. Reach a little farther each time and work your way up. Don't give up right when you feel fatigued, but don't drag yourself several extra miles when you dont need too.

bodyrecomposition[dot]com silverlux's Avatar
    silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello Decept, here are some tips you might wanna follow to improve your long runs and make them more enjoyable:

-increase your mileage gradually (making large increases is a mistake because it increases the risk of injury, so a 2 mile add every run works as a rule)
    -run all your miles at the same time (you will not have the same benefit splitting your run into two sessions of 30 minutes instead of running a one 60 minute session. keeping you run in one session will have better fitness gains even though the calories burned may be the same)
    -think at the long run workout as a hard day (people erroneously think that by running a far distance in a slow pace is actually an easy day, whilst it is actually a hard day and in many instances the hardest workout of the day so rest accordingly)
    -run on a loop course (excellent loop tracks are usually runs around a park of 1-2 miles; running a loop is safer and you can skip carrying fluids with you because you will return at start point where you can supply yourself with liquids; the loop is also ideal for gradually increasing mileage)
    -last but not least, drink a lot of fluids (it is ideally to drink a sports drink because this contains carbs and usually sodium which will help your energy levels as well as the levels of mineral in your blood)

good luck in your goals

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How many miles per week are you running? 10 miles a day, multiple days in a row is a lot of running even for endurance runners in training.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Decept View Post
    is this for an organized team? or is it just something you want to do on your own?
    I can all things through Christ, who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13

I play the greatest sport in the world: Rugby. 2nd row.