shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Sling Shot Review

I got all 3 sling shots as a gift on fathers day and now I'm working on some testing so I can give you guys some good feed back. The short review is they they are great and I would suggest them to anyone who wants to increase their bench. The original is probably good for most people. Please ask any questions you have about them.

Reactive(blue): Gives a little bit of carryover, mild support and compression at the elbow, comfortable and soft material. Great for DE work, increase the reps you can do slightly, or for light carryover to hit your raw max easier or go slightly above. raw bench 405 (IOR), reactive 415 (POR)

Original(red): More carryover, more overload, and more weight on the bar. Much more pop than the reactive, this one is made for moving bigger weights. Material is stiffer and gives more support and compression at the elbow.

Maddog(black): Double layer of the original. While it is thicker it doesn't have the same stiffness that the original has, but that's not a bad thing, I find it to be more comfortable. You get the benefits of the other ones, but with even more support. Ive done 462 in this one(IOR). Dumb KG plates, I wanted 430ish. Very heavy duty, I'd only get this one if you bench over 400 OR are use to getting alot out of a bench shirt.

Long Review:
    Fist off, I had tried a Maddog sling shot and a super ram before. The Ram fit more like a bench shirt, but it only really helped me right off the chest then gave out. Almost like doing a 2-3bd press, while still going full ROM. The sling shot gave more support throughout the full ROM and allowed for more reps and more overload. This depends on which sling shot you are comparing to which ram, but again this was the super ram and Maddog slingshot.

I was only going to get the Maddog and only planned on using it when warming up for shirted bench. (raw max 405 but need 500 or more to touch in my shirt, depending on how I put it on), But I have an awesome wife and she got all the reactive, original, and maddog for me. I'm glad she did because they are great tools to add to the training mix. The elbow relief and compression is another excellent thing the sling shot provides.

As for sizing, I'm 220+, cold arm measurements are 16"+relaxed/18"+flexed, and I wanted to be able to get it on and off by myself, so I went with 2XL, which fits perfect.

Here is my first time in mine. I wanted to feel them all out and get a rough idea of the support each one gave. I repeat the weights with different slingshots so I can feel the difference and see the difference in bar speed.

*I cant post the link yet, but its on my youtube channel. link in my sig. vid is "Sling Shot Test"

Right now I'm doing some testing on ME bench days. Tested my raw POR(pinky on ring) 1rm at 375, the next week did it in the reactive and got 415. I'll do the original and the Maddog, then I'll retest my raw max.
    Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146214693
    http://maximumpoundage.blogspot.com/

Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/shavethefuzz?feature=mhee

dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nice review man
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do DEADLIFT"--Jon Pall Sigmarsson

1829@230 raw
    622/380/826

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dtrouttpowerlifter

NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

here you go sir

shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) shavethefuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got 445 in the red/original sling shot with POR grip. So far raw=375, reactive=415, original=445. Ive done 462 IOR in the Maddog.

I might skip ME work for one week, then test the Maddog followed by raw the weeks after. I have been doing all of my benching inside the rings or narrower and my right shoulder/AC joint is feeling it.
    Training Log:

Videos:

borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the red and the black... Working them into my raw training has helped tremendously. I did notice that taking them up higher than my elbows increased the comfort though.

I really like floor pressing with them also, seems to help my bottom end just enough to pass my raw PR's.

neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used a strengthshop ballista, which is a slingshot-type device that they manufacture. I haven't used it very much (only twice so far), but my initial impressions are that it isn't making a huge difference to my bench press.

Raw, my bench press is 175kg (385) and with the ballista I managed 185kg (407).

I'm not sure if this is because I'm not using the spring effectively to build momentum, which leaves me doing a raw press when the elbows clear the chest?
    No longer powerlifting. Lifting history:

Competition PR - 210kg/167.5kg/235kg (612.5kg total)
    All-time gym PR - 222.5kg/182.5kg/250kg
    Recent gym 1RM - 210kg/175kg/250kg
    (All lifts are raw - wrist/knee wraps and belt)

getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000) getout87 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice review. I've been thinking about picking one of these up in a hope to put some more on my bench, and I'm not quite ready to step up to a bench shirt.

borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) borobulker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by getout87 View Post
    Nice review. I've been thinking about picking one of these up in a hope to put some more on my bench, and I'm not quite ready to step up to a bench shirt.
    I think they're worth it for sure... We even have some bodybuilders at our gym that use it for high rep movements.

Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I have the red and the black... Working them into my raw training has helped tremendously. I did notice that taking them up higher than my elbows increased the comfort though.

I really like floor pressing with them also, seems to help my bottom end just enough to pass my raw PR's.
    I haven't tried floor press with it yet, but I will

Originally Posted by neilmorgan77 View Post
    I used a strengthshop ballista, which is a slingshot-type device that they manufacture. I haven't used it very much (only twice so far), but my initial impressions are that it isn't making a huge difference to my bench press.

Raw, my bench press is 175kg (385) and with the ballista I managed 185kg (407).

I'm not sure if this is because I'm not using the spring effectively to build momentum, which leaves me doing a raw press when the elbows clear the chest?
    I cant really compare that to any of the sling shots, but it is similar to the carryover I get out of the reactive (blue) sling shot. Its similar to reverse bands, you have to use the spring and press hard and fast. If you dont then rev bands or the sling shot might actually "make" you slower.
    Training Log:

Videos:

Originally Posted by getout87 View Post
    Bench shirts are fun, the sling shot is way easier to use and learn. Anybody can be ready for a bench shirt, just dont get something crazy and get it a little big.
    Training Log:

Videos:

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice review. I have the blue sling shot and it has helped increase my bench. Blue is great for beginers and intermediate.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the review and comparison to the Ram.... its almost the exact opposite of what I found haha
    771/645/622 Single Ply

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So whats the point of the sling shot? Does it help you get used to handling heavier loads, or getting more acustomed to lifting in a bench shirt? Just curious
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by InspecktaDeck View Post
    So whats the point of the sling shot? Does it help you get used to handling heavier loads, or getting more acustomed to lifting in a bench shirt? Just curious
    Both and it can also serve as contrast kinda like bands and chains.... and it helps to if your shoulders are beat up

But mostly it makes you look stronger in the gym
    771/645/622 Single Ply

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm only getting 20-30 lbs out of my Ram. It'd be cool to get another opportunity at using the Slingshot, everyone seems to be getting decent carryover from it.
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) neilmorgan77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shavethefuzz View Post
    I cant really compare that to any of the sling shots, but it is similar to the carryover I get out of the reactive (blue) sling shot. Its similar to reverse bands, you have to use the spring and press hard and fast. If you dont then rev bands or the sling shot might actually "make" you slower.
    It felt like I was going wrong during the time it was stretched over my chest, just like you said. I think I took it for granted that I could push it off my chest because of the assistance rather than fully accelerating out of the bottom, so the momentum wasn't enough to assist the lockout. I'm sure there's more there when I get used to it, but my raw bench is my priority, so as long as I'm working above my 1RM after the sticking point that's good enough for now.
    No longer powerlifting. Lifting history:

Competition PR - 210kg/167.5kg/235kg (612.5kg total)
    All-time gym PR - 222.5kg/182.5kg/250kg
    Recent gym 1RM - 210kg/175kg/250kg
    (All lifts are raw - wrist/knee wraps and belt)

Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    I'm only getting 20-30 lbs out of my Ram. It'd be cool to get another opportunity at using the Slingshot, everyone seems to be getting decent carryover from it.
    I dont know if this is why for you, but I think raw benchers will get less weight at first compared to guys use to lifting in a shirt, or use to doing bands or chains. If you have strong lockout then you will get more at first. I'm use to getting well over 100lbs out of my shirt. This isnt to say that you wont catch up, you just need to build lockout strength. Especially in the ram, i felt much less support in the top half. Not a bad thing but it depends on your goal for the movement.

Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Thanks for the review and comparison to the Ram.... its almost the exact opposite of what I found haha
    No problem. The ram I used was a medium super ram, so maybe sizing had something to do with it. But the way the ram is worn around the bicep(like a bench shirt) compared to the slingshot being worn around the elbow, it would make sense that the ram would help less at lockout, again like a bench shirt. But like I said above the ram can have its place depending on your goal or objective of the session or lift.

Its like comparing bands and chains, both are accommodating resistance, provide a similar but different stimulus, and neither one is better or worse and they both can have a place in your training.
    Training Log:

Videos:

Originally Posted by kjake55 View Post
    Nice review. I have the blue sling shot and it has helped increase my bench. Blue is great for beginers and intermediate.
    I really like the reactive/blue sling shot. Its much more comfortable than the original/red, and gives just enough pop to help you out.
    Training Log:

Videos:

Shoulder felt good, so I went for a max in the Maddog and hit 475. 100lbs over my raw POR bench.

Training Log:

Videos:

Finished my Sling Shot experiment

Week 1- 375 raw(POR PR), missed 385
    Week 2- 415 reactive sling shot
    Week 3- 445 original sling shot
    Week 4- 475 maddog sling shot
    Week 5- 385 raw, POR PR, jumped to 405 and missed. I really wanted 405(PR raw bench with ant grip), maybe next time. So I added 10lbs to my POR bench from this 3week sling shot cycle. If I run this again I would do it against bands or chains.

My next experiment is to use the slangers for my DE days. I should be handling more weight on my speed work, but over 185 usually doesnt feel good. My goal is to improve comfort, speed, and form with heavier weights. 2-3 weeks with the original, 2-3 with reactive then see how it feel raw. I already did 225 against short lights(40 to 80+) in the original. I'll post results in 4-6 weeks.
    Training Log:

Videos:

rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100) rxbcbs is not very well liked. (-100)

Reactive slingshot??

The slingshot helps you "look stronger" in the gym, but does it effectively build up your chest muscles?