MissMays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Diastasis Recti and losing weight.. Help!

I'm the last 2 years I have had 2 babies and a lapriscopic appendectomy dectomy during the third trimester of the first pregnancy. My belly stretches out significantly because of a tilted womb, and I have big babes so my abdominal muscles stretch a lot. I'm currently 3 months post partum and I desperately need to lose at least 35 pounds. However I have a 3 1/2 finger width diastasis in my abdominal muscles and know only that I can't do abdominal exercises.

I have no experience in physical training, meal prep and replacement, or how to fuel for what work out I need to be doing. I don't know what I can do aside from YouTube videos to strengthen core abdominal muscles and hopefully close the diastasis. I'm also breast feeding and know I can't cut calories and need a certain amount of healthy fast to be able to continue to feed my son.

Any advice or help is more than welcome. I just need to lose the weight.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First off, congratulations on the new baby.

Now....

Take it easy...you just birthed a new human being. Your body is still recovering from 10 months of growing a baby. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to "bounce right back". Talk you your doctor about exercises for the diastasis recti, I know some women here have had some success so maybe they can advise...

I really just wanted to chime in that society, especially the media with their celebrity post-baby bodies boasting crap, puts way too much pressure on women when it comes to this stuff.

For diet, you don't have to "eat clean" or cut out any foods. Just eat healthfully and in a slight deficit and the weight will come off. You just have to be consistent and be honest with your tracking.
    Last edited by megdaig; 05-13-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

MissMays has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks!

After my first I wasn't allowed to do any core workouts for a year post date, but i did lose most of the weight before I got pregnant 10 months after she was born. I had lost 25 pounds by 6 weeks after this pregnancy but gained 10 in the last 8 more weeks. I realize I don't have to hurry, and it will eventually get better. But I'm so tired of better still being overweight. It doesn't feel okay to be too scared to buy a bathing suit to be able to get in the pool with my kids this summer. I feel like I can't really play as much with my toddler because she has boundless energy and I just don't. Hopefully PT exercises can help close the diastasis and let me bounce back in due time.