Thread: Gaining mass?

Registered User markhoppusrules's Avatar
    markhoppusrules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Gaining mass?

So I've been told by many people that in order to get the body I want/ achieve my goal. (get ripped) I need to gain mass. Well I just wanted to know, how do you guys gain mass? What do you take? What's your diet like? Does your exercise plan change? Also, one last question, i wanted to know if GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Mass XXX would be okay to take to gain mass, or do you know of something better? Thanks for the help!

tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by markhoppusrules View Post
    So I've been told by many people that in order to get the body I want/ achieve my goal. (get ripped) I need to gain mass. Well I just wanted to know, how do you guys gain mass? What do you take? What's your diet like? Does your exercise plan change? Also, one last question, i wanted to know if GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Mass XXX would be okay to take to gain mass, or do you know of something better? Thanks for the help!
    calorie surplus and progressive overload

TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheDraugr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't supplement until you're lifting and eating properly. There are 2 very good reasons for this:

1. You still need the solid diet and consistant work to make progress, regardless of supplements. You should get into the habit of eating and lifting the right way and then supplement.

2. Supplements can be expensive. It'd be a shame for you to waste your money on a bunch of supplements only to stop lifting in a couple of weeks.

As far as protein powder goes, honestly, I don't think there's much difference between a "good" protein powder and a "bad" one, except that people perceive more expensive as better.

I use super cheap stuff. I have a massive jug of soy protein (bought it at GNC really cheap because nobody uses soy anymore), and I have a bunch of whey protein. I use the soy protein pre-workout because it's slower digesting, and the amino acid profile helps to facilitate growth hormone production. I usually make a shake that's 1 scoop soy, 1 scoop whey pre workout, and I take that with creatine, arginine AKG, and vitamins. Post workout is a double scoop whey shake, and usually some lean meat and vegetables for lunch.

Calories surplus, progressive overload, if you're looking for mass then there are plenty of free programs on bb.com that will get you going in the right direction. Just make sure you're in the right rep range to stimulate hypertrophy.