DanzigDemonMF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question hack squats vs. regular squats

Hi! I have a question, and I hope someone here has an answer. Is there a very significant advantage to doing regular squats over doing hack squats, where you hold the bar behind you, and not on your shoulders? I work out in my house, and I dont have a squat rack, so I was wondering if this is an equivalent excercise for building strength in your quads.
    -Jesse
    ---------------------
    Visit my web site:
    http://www.hvcc.edu/~jr296141

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you can't do regular squats then hack squats will do just as well they just emphasize a little differently.

Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For your quads, pretty much. Not the upper portion tho.

Not for your glutes and hams tho.

-Zulu
    ~Insert witty quote~

of course I figured this would be agiven. he would need to do soem form of good morning or stiff legged deads.

Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zulu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But if we're talking specifically about the quads, doesn't the bottom portion involve the upper quads in a way almost no exercise can duplicate?

-Zulu
    ~Insert witty quote~

hence the statement it will emphasize differently.