Xylish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xylish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight not going down under calorie deficit.

My weight doesn't seem to be changing. I am already eating 20% under my TDEE with strict clean diet. However, from what I see in the mirror is that I am getting more defined? Should I change my caloric intake or just keep it the same?
    Last edited by Xylish; 07-03-2012 at 11:06 AM.

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just to clear this up are you really eating 20% less than what is necessary to sustain you in a coma?
    Or do you mean TDEE?

How long have you been dieting?
    Were you able to lose weight at any point during this cut?
    How long have you been "stuck"?
    How often are you weighing yourself? Is it under the same conditions every time?
    How many calories are you taking in daily?
    What is your TDEE?
    What is your gym routing?
    Did you take measurements besides weight at any point? Have they gone down?

Answering these questions will go a long ways towards helping us to help you.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000) NHSport is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Xylish View Post
    My weight doesn't seem to be changing. I am already eating 20% under my BMR with strict clean diet. However, from what I see in the mirror is that I am getting more defined? Should I change my caloric intake or just keep it the same?
    Noob gains + losing a little fat.

Keep it up, listen your body, watch the mirror and scale.

Purchase a body tape-measure (they sell them here on bodybuilding.com/store) and track your midsection. There is certainly a direct correlation between bf% and weight on the scale.... but the scale is not the end-all be-all for tracking progress. Lately I've been losing inches on my guy but maintaining my weight/lbm. (took a while to figure out what works for me as an individual)

DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiaFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're actually eating 20% under your TDEE, you'll lose weight, it's inevitable.

Xylish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xylish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 71Avido View Post
    Just to clear this up are you really eating 20% less than what is necessary to sustain you in a coma?
    Or do you mean TDEE?

How long have you been dieting?
    Were you able to lose weight at any point during this cut?
    How long have you been "stuck"?
    How often are you weighing yourself? Is it under the same conditions every time?
    How many calories are you taking in daily?
    What is your TDEE?
    What is your gym routing?
    Did you take measurements besides weight at any point? Have they gone down?

Answering these questions will go a long ways towards helping us to help you.
    Been dieting for about 2 months.
    Until 2 weeks ago then my weight kind of stalled.
    ^2 weeks.
    Every morning on an empty stomach.
    3200 cals
    4000 cals
    4 days a week, heavy weights(not too much on volume) and 6 days a week LISS cardio.
    My waist went from 36 to 32.5 inches in the 2 months and my arms retained the same size.

Originally Posted by NHSport View Post
    Noob gains + losing a little fat.

Keep it up, listen your body, watch the mirror and scale.

Purchase a body tape-measure (they sell them here on bodybuilding.com/store) and track your midsection. There is certainly a direct correlation between bf% and weight on the scale.... but the scale is not the end-all be-all for tracking progress. Lately I've been losing inches on my guy but maintaining my weight/lbm. (took a while to figure out what works for me as an individual)
    Not sure if its noob gains, been awhile since I did BB almost 3 years now.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very surprising that a guy your size can burn 4000 calories/day. Do you have a very physical job?

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Very surprising that a guy your size can burn 4000 calories/day. Do you have a very physical job?
    Nope, I am still studying. However, I workout more than 8 hours a week.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still seems way high mate. I run 30 min/day every day, plus 45 min lifting 4 days week, sedentary otherwise. I burn 2700 calories per day. I bulk on 3200.

Dunno, could be something to look at in terms of why you aren't losing.

TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^2 weeks.
    3200 cals
    4000 cals
    4 days a week, heavy weights(not too much on volume) and 6 days a week LISS cardio.
    My waist went from 36 to 32.5 inches in the 2 months and my arms retained the same size.

Those calories sound way to high even with your 8 hour work out per week. I work out about 4 hours a week and my maintenance is around 2300. Where did you calculate those numbers?

But if your waist size is dropping then you are doing it right. Just drop another 250 cal and wait 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by TheBodyEngineer View Post
    Those calories sound way to high even with your 8 hour work out per week. I work out about 4 hours a week and my maintenance is around 2300. Where did you calculate those numbers?

But if your waist size is dropping then you are doing it right. Just drop another 250 cal and wait 2 weeks.
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Will try to adjust accordingly, thanks.

Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chazster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are not under maintenance. Noobs can gain muscle and lose fat sometimes but your weight will still go down. I mean its physics. You are burning energy. Your body is taking mass from your food or your body to make that energy. If you are under maintenance then it takes mass from you. Since weight is mass x gravity unless you are distorting gravity you are losing weight

Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^2 weeks.
    3200 cals
    4000 cals

You're eating way too much. Your TDEE calculation and/or tracking of food is off, this is why you're not losing fat--if indeed it has stalled.

WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WheelzDatKeelz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What everyone else said. You're eating too much. I workout probably twice as much as that with cardio included and i eat 2700 on a cut.
    Squat-385
    Deadlift-440
    Bench-275