AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BULKING with Intermittent Fasting (Leangains)

Hey everyone I'm new to this whole IF thing, but I want to try. I would like to follow Leangains protocols.. I've been on a bulk for the last few months (trying to keep it lean so only putting on .5 lbs a week) and I would like to continue my bulk but do it according to the intermittent fasting lifestyle. Might as well give it a try since I've heard good things about fat loss and also because of the health benefits due to fasting in general. What I would like to know is if I take 2400 calories every single day for my normal bulk, then how much what I want to take in for the IF (OR how much weight gain will I be looking to try to put on)? It wouldn't make sense to aim for .5 lbs a week due to the fact that if you're doing IF you SHOULD be "losing fat and gaining muscle" so the standard weight gaining wouldnt be the same. How much should I try to aim for.. thank you!

jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try this website: www.leangains.com

Just a hunch.
    JDJ's 5/3/1 Revamped
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143074093&page=10

"...any statement, whether made by a scientist or not, should be open to logical analysis. Immense prestige and authority does not compensate for faulty logic." John Lennox

http://www.bullseyefitness.net

AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlecGaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the obvious answer but my question is not on there... that is why i came here

jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AlecGaro View Post
    thanks for the obvious answer but my question is not on there... that is why i came here
    The answer is there, you just have to read and comprehend.
    JDJ's 5/3/1 Revamped
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143074093&page=10

"...any statement, whether made by a scientist or not, should be open to logical analysis. Immense prestige and authority does not compensate for faulty logic." John Lennox

http://www.bullseyefitness.net

if it really is.. do u think u could be so kind as to tell me where it is exactly?

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2400 cals to bulk?

Also, you have massively misunderstood the concept of IF.

it is no magical diet where you mysteriously lose fat and gain muscle; it is simply a timing protocol many have now chosen as it fits to their schedule and satisifies their palate through larger meals in a shorter timeframe rather than 5-6 bird-sized meal spread out.

The only way people have gained muscle and lost fat simultaneously is because they have chosen to recomp, which is a slower process than (especially if you're new to all of this which I think you are, therefore you don't know your body well enough yet) bulking and cutting.

This can be done on any diet, not just IF. Hitting your daily macros / cals targets is what determines your body composition, not the name of the diet you're using.

Good luck.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

evilchito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive read from a few sources that you should hold back on having breakfast for a few hours with IF. I get that within my 8 hour window i should have everything in my 3500 cal bulking diet plan but what i dont get is.... there is a lot of material that says to have your protein shake first thing when u wake up since thats when ur body is most absorbent, or there are other supplements that they want you to take first thing also.... my question is do i take them first thing or do i wait till when i start eating (1pm)???

one other thing ive noticed is it is so hard to workout before 4pm as i dont have the power or stamina to get through my workout when im on IF. Once i have my carbs and wait a few hours then i can train with best results being as night (7-8pm)... anyone else get this or am i doing this wrong?

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by evilchito View Post
    Ive read from a few sources that you should hold back on having breakfast for a few hours with IF. I get that within my 8 hour window i should have everything in my 3500 cal bulking diet plan but what i dont get is.... there is a lot of material that says to have your protein shake first thing when u wake up since thats when ur body is most absorbent, or there are other supplements that they want you to take first thing also.... my question is do i take them first thing or do i wait till when i start eating (1pm)???
    Disregard that "material". Meal timing is irrelevant to body composition directly... the only benefit of meal timing is how it makes you perform in the gym.

Originally Posted by evilchito View Post
    one other thing ive noticed is it is so hard to workout before 4pm as i dont have the power or stamina to get through my workout when im on IF. Once i have my carbs and wait a few hours then i can train with best results being as night (7-8pm)... anyone else get this or am i doing this wrong?
    Then work out at 7-8pm. Sorted.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

Registered User Aspiringathlete's Avatar
    Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aspiringathlete is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by layarph View Post
    2400 cals to bulk?

Also, you have massively misunderstood the concept of IF.

it is no magical diet where you mysteriously lose fat and gain muscle; it is simply a timing protocol many have now chosen as it fits to their schedule and satisifies their palate through larger meals in a shorter timeframe rather than 5-6 bird-sized meal spread out.

The only way people have gained muscle and lost fat simultaneously is because they have chosen to recomp, which is a slower process than (especially if you're new to all of this which I think you are, therefore you don't know your body well enough yet) bulking and cutting.

This can be done on any diet, not just IF. Hitting your daily macros / cals targets is what determines your body composition, not the name of the diet you're using.

Good luck.
    Just to get to your point about 2400 cals being to little... I am 6'1 188 (was 170 when i started 10 weeks ago) and have been eating 2700 calories and gained 18 pounds. OP, LG bulk you can do either way at a constant surplus or cycling as long as weekly surplus is the same.
    Odly enough, the 3 weeks on my bulk i used leangains cycling i gained 2 pounds as opposed to the alarming rate im at now eating 2700.