amlucent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Looking for a Fuel Shot alternative for "Body Beast" program?

Hello, I am new to the site. I have been doing P90X for the past 6 months and I have dropped about 60 lbs and put on a bit of muscle but I want more mass also I am ready for something different. Beachbody, the company that makes P90X, has just come out with an introductory body building type program called Body Beast and I have ordered it and I am really looking forward to trying it out. But I have a question about one of the supplements it recommends with the program.

Personally, I have never thought that the majority beachbody brand of supplements were very great for their price so I have been using the highly rated products on bodybuilding.com instead. One of the supplements that is recommended for use with Body Beast is this new recovery powder beachbody is calling "Fuel Shot". I have linked to the nutritional label for this product below and I am wondering if you guys can recommend me an alternative product that is "as close to this as possible or better" that you would recommend I use in place of this fuel shot stuff..

Fuel Shot Nutritional Label:
    hxxp:// images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/supplements/pdf/BB_Fuel_Shot.pdf <--I cant post a link!
    This fuel shot stuff is $49.95 +tax/shipping for 25 servings (this program suggests 2x servings a day! so I am looking at something cheaper for sure)

I went to my local GNC and the guy behind the counter suggested I use "Genr8 Vitargo S2". I figured if you guys agree with that assessment I will purchase here instead.

Is this Fuel Shot stuff worth it? Should just man up and buy it, or buy this GenR8, or something else? I should tell you my goal for the next 12 weeks is to add as much mass as possible while keeping my body fat down as low as possible.

Sorry for the wall of text..

BUMP Please

Anyone know anything about these post workout recovery carbs for muscle growth? Have I posted a stupid question?

Yeah, I give up. I just bought the Genr8

Smokin6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PLEASE let us know how you like Bodybeast. I have P90X which Is a spetacular program take it to a gym for better gains in muscle with heavier weights ,Currently I am doing X2 in the morning for my AM workout Then I go at night for weights and cardio. I did Insanity and that is a KILLER workout but was too brutal on my knees. I would love to try asylum and The fast and the furious but $$$ is a factor . I heard about body beast and I was curious about the program .

I have just completed my first week with Body Beast and I can say that next to original P90X and P90X2 this is my favorite program I have ever done. In the past I have done Power 90, GSP Rushfit, Revabs, and Insanity (I even did Turbo Fire with my wife for a few weeks). The workouts are killer! After 6 days I have 100% confidence that the dynamic set training workouts will kick ANYONES but. I feel like I lift every muscle to complete exhaustion everyday and I am always hitting failure by 2/3 of the way though the video. The pump is amazing. I did football and competitive weightlifting team in high school and I dont think I have ever lifted this hard my entire life. I think their claim of building 10lbs of muscle in 90 days is actually very conservative.

The production quality of the series is very high and they have done 2 years of testing before releasing it and you can tell. The nutritional information is great and the included recipes are slap your mother for seconds good, better than the P90X2 recipes and those set a very high bar for me.

My ONLY 'complaint' is Sagi Kalev doesnt have the on camera presence/chemistry that Tony Horton does. I think he does very well for this being his "freshman" effort and English not being his first language but if I had to pick on something I would choose this. That said he seems extremely knowledgeable and he does a good job of motivating you throughout the videos he just doesnt have that quirky excitement like Tony H, he tends to be a bit more serious. I think this could be subjective as to if its a con.

Oh and there isnt a lot of cardio in the program but I can say that the cardio that is included is pretty intense. I am coming off a round of P90X/Insanity hybrid schedule and I found it challenging.

I highly recommend you try this program if you want to add any kind of muscle mass. Dont worry it wont make you hulk in 1 round. If you do purchase it like I did get the optional $20 Tempo workouts. I previewed them (havnt done them yet) and they look killer.

kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50) kyle450rider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by amlucent View Post
    I have just completed my first week with Body Beast and I can say that next to original P90X and P90X2 this is my favorite program I have ever done. In the past I have done Power 90, GSP Rushfit, Revabs, and Insanity (I even did Turbo Fire with my wife for a few weeks). The workouts are killer! After 6 days I have 100% confidence that the dynamic set training workouts will kick ANYONES but. I feel like I lift every muscle to complete exhaustion everyday and I am always hitting failure by 2/3 of the way though the video. The pump is amazing. I did football and competitive weightlifting team in high school and I dont think I have ever lifted this hard my entire life. I think their claim of building 10lbs of muscle in 90 days is actually very conservative.

The production quality of the series is very high and they have done 2 years of testing before releasing it and you can tell. The nutritional information is great and the included recipes are slap your mother for seconds good, better than the P90X2 recipes and those set a very high bar for me.

My ONLY 'complaint' is Sagi Kalev doesnt have the on camera presence/chemistry that Tony Horton does. I think he does very well for this being his "freshman" effort and English not being his first language but if I had to pick on something I would choose this. That said he seems extremely knowledgeable and he does a good job of motivating you throughout the videos he just doesnt have that quirky excitement like Tony H, he tends to be a bit more serious. I think this could be subjective as to if its a con.

Oh and there isnt a lot of cardio in the program but I can say that the cardio that is included is pretty intense. I am coming off a round of P90X/Insanity hybrid schedule and I found it challenging.

I highly recommend you try this program if you want to add any kind of muscle mass. Dont worry it wont make you hulk in 1 round. If you do purchase it like I did get the optional $20 Tempo workouts. I previewed them (havnt done them yet) and they look killer.

Where do you find bodybeast at? I looked on Beachbody and can't seem to find it.

Yeah, so the way Beachbody does it they dont have it advertised on their main site yet. They are letting only the coaches sell it and they are watching for peoples first round results so they can use it for the advertisements and infomercial. Since I am in what is essentially the first "launch" group its possible I could be in the infomercial.

Anyway, if you want to order it:

http ://www . yourfitnesspath.com/programs/body-beast

http ://www . teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/body-beast-workout
    Last edited by amlucent; 07-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.

zjepsen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zjepsen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zjepsen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zjepsen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man use Now Foods Carbo Gain Maltodextrin powder and Dextrose Powder, you can get 10 pound tubs here on BB.com for dirt cheap and just mix them together and get the same ingredients in that Fuel Shot drink and then just add some whey to simulte the Base Shake and you got your post workout shake

Originally Posted by zjepsen View Post
    Hey man use Now Foods Carbo Gain Maltodextrin powder and Dextrose Powder, you can get 10 pound tubs here on BB.com for dirt cheap and just mix them together and get the same ingredients in that Fuel Shot drink and then just add some whey to simulte the Base Shake and you got your post workout shake
    ^^ I think this is the winner of the thread!

golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zjepsen View Post
    Slight thread jack....
    what would be the difference between the combo suggested above, compared to waxy maize?

WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by golfwolf View Post
    Slight thread jack....
    what would be the difference between the combo suggested above, compared to waxy maize?
    Golf,

If your goal is lean mass, I would use 1 cup of oats and a scoop of whey over fuel shot or waxy. At the end of the day cals in vs cals out is what matters the most.

desidhakkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WVU2002 View Post
    Golf,

If your goal is lean mass, I would use 1 cup of oats and a scoop of whey over fuel shot or waxy. At the end of the day cals in vs cals out is what matters the most.
    REALLY? Have you heard of Insulin?

WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WVU2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by desidhakkan View Post
    REALLY? Have you heard of Insulin?
    Your point?

Your point?
    He is saying that oats will not spike your insulin like a sugar will.

He is saying that oats will not spike your insulin like a sugar will.
    I understand that but it is a very simplistic look at nutrition. Oats and whey will give you all of the insulin spike you need. If you are in a non-depleted state you will not burn enough glycogen during your workout (unless you are an endurance athlete) to make a difference. If you really want to look at the science, whey alone would do the trick if you had enough pre-workout carbs.

6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6packstriving will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I understand that but it is a very simplistic look at nutrition. Oats and whey will give you all of the insulin spike you need. If you are in a non-depleted state you will not burn enough glycogen during your workout (unless you are an endurance athlete) to make a difference. If you really want to look at the science, whey alone would do the trick if you had enough pre-workout carbs.
    Well stated ^^^
    Fitness is not a sprint, but a lifelong marathon.

desidhakkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having pre-workout carbs (as in a lot) makes anyone puke if you're working out hard enough.

BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BeastUpp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi Folks,

I am currently trying to create a quality PDF version of Body Beast: The Book of Beast.
    I have found a few bad versions online and spent some time on Photoshop trying to salvage as much as possible. However, there are some pages that are too bad and some that are just missing.
    Are there any generous individuals out there who would be so kind as to help me out with some scans/pictures?
    The pages required are:

Front Cover -> 40 and then 43, 45, 70-74, 78, 80, 93, 109, 112, 114, 115, 117, 118, 121.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanking you in advance.

-A

Info/Scans to be sent to beastup@live.co.uk

indoortrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why not become a beachbody coach

Why not just become a coach- you get 25% off on all beachbody products. Not only that - you seem to recommend it alot, so why not earn money doing it.

If you want to buy the program- and get the free bonus dvd-w w w. beachbodycoach .com / indoortrainer without the spaces

indoortrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I am new to the site. I have been doing P90X for the past 6 months and I have dropped about 60 lbs and put on a bit of muscle but I want more mass also I am ready for something different. Beachbody, the company that makes P90X, has just come out with an introductory body building type program called Body Beast and I have ordered it and I am really looking forward to trying it out. But I have a question about one of the supplements it recommends with the program.

Personally, I have never thought that the majority beachbody brand of supplements were very great for their price so I have been using the highly rated products on bodybuilding.com instead. One of the supplements that is recommended for use with Body Beast is this new recovery powder beachbody is calling "Fuel Shot". I have linked to the nutritional label for this product below and I am wondering if you guys can recommend me an alternative product that is "as close to this as possible or better" that you would recommend I use in place of this fuel shot stuff..

Fuel Shot Nutritional Label:
    hxxp:// images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/supplements/pdf/BB_Fuel_Shot.pdf <--I cant post a link!
    This fuel shot stuff is $49.95 +tax/shipping for 25 servings (this program suggests 2x servings a day! so I am looking at something cheaper for sure)

I went to my local GNC and the guy behind the counter suggested I use "Genr8 Vitargo S2". I figured if you guys agree with that assessment I will purchase here instead.

Is this Fuel Shot stuff worth it? Should just man up and buy it, or buy this GenR8, or something else? I should tell you my goal for the next 12 weeks is to add as much mass as possible while keeping my body fat down as low as possible.

Sorry for the wall of text..

Want to be in my free FB BODY BEAST ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP?