Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline

    Question Looking for a Fuel Shot alternative for "Body Beast" program?

    Hello, I am new to the site. I have been doing P90X for the past 6 months and I have dropped about 60 lbs and put on a bit of muscle but I want more mass also I am ready for something different. Beachbody, the company that makes P90X, has just come out with an introductory body building type program called Body Beast and I have ordered it and I am really looking forward to trying it out. But I have a question about one of the supplements it recommends with the program.

    Personally, I have never thought that the majority beachbody brand of supplements were very great for their price so I have been using the highly rated products on bodybuilding.com instead. One of the supplements that is recommended for use with Body Beast is this new recovery powder beachbody is calling "Fuel Shot". I have linked to the nutritional label for this product below and I am wondering if you guys can recommend me an alternative product that is "as close to this as possible or better" that you would recommend I use in place of this fuel shot stuff..

    Fuel Shot Nutritional Label:
    hxxp:// images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/supplements/pdf/BB_Fuel_Shot.pdf <--I cant post a link!
    This fuel shot stuff is $49.95 +tax/shipping for 25 servings (this program suggests 2x servings a day! so I am looking at something cheaper for sure)

    I went to my local GNC and the guy behind the counter suggested I use "Genr8 Vitargo S2". I figured if you guys agree with that assessment I will purchase here instead.

    Is this Fuel Shot stuff worth it? Should just man up and buy it, or buy this GenR8, or something else? I should tell you my goal for the next 12 weeks is to add as much mass as possible while keeping my body fat down as low as possible.

    Sorry for the wall of text..
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    BUMP Please
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    Anyone know anything about these post workout recovery carbs for muscle growth? Have I posted a stupid question?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    Yeah, I give up. I just bought the Genr8
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Smokin6's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Stats: 6'0", 186 lbs
    Posts: 23
    Rep Power: 0
    Smokin6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Smokin6's BodySpace
    Smokin6 is offline
    PLEASE let us know how you like Bodybeast. I have P90X which Is a spetacular program take it to a gym for better gains in muscle with heavier weights ,Currently I am doing X2 in the morning for my AM workout Then I go at night for weights and cardio. I did Insanity and that is a KILLER workout but was too brutal on my knees. I would love to try asylum and The fast and the furious but $$$ is a factor . I heard about body beast and I was curious about the program .
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    I have just completed my first week with Body Beast and I can say that next to original P90X and P90X2 this is my favorite program I have ever done. In the past I have done Power 90, GSP Rushfit, Revabs, and Insanity (I even did Turbo Fire with my wife for a few weeks). The workouts are killer! After 6 days I have 100% confidence that the dynamic set training workouts will kick ANYONES but. I feel like I lift every muscle to complete exhaustion everyday and I am always hitting failure by 2/3 of the way though the video. The pump is amazing. I did football and competitive weightlifting team in high school and I dont think I have ever lifted this hard my entire life. I think their claim of building 10lbs of muscle in 90 days is actually very conservative.

    The production quality of the series is very high and they have done 2 years of testing before releasing it and you can tell. The nutritional information is great and the included recipes are slap your mother for seconds good, better than the P90X2 recipes and those set a very high bar for me.

    My ONLY 'complaint' is Sagi Kalev doesnt have the on camera presence/chemistry that Tony Horton does. I think he does very well for this being his "freshman" effort and English not being his first language but if I had to pick on something I would choose this. That said he seems extremely knowledgeable and he does a good job of motivating you throughout the videos he just doesnt have that quirky excitement like Tony H, he tends to be a bit more serious. I think this could be subjective as to if its a con.

    Oh and there isnt a lot of cardio in the program but I can say that the cardio that is included is pretty intense. I am coming off a round of P90X/Insanity hybrid schedule and I found it challenging.

    I highly recommend you try this program if you want to add any kind of muscle mass. Dont worry it wont make you hulk in 1 round. If you do purchase it like I did get the optional $20 Tempo workouts. I previewed them (havnt done them yet) and they look killer.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User kyle450rider's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Stats: 6'2", 199 lbs
    Posts: 305
    Rep Power: 176
    kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kyle450rider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit kyle450rider's BodySpace
    kyle450rider is offline
    Originally Posted by amlucent View Post
    I have just completed my first week with Body Beast and I can say that next to original P90X and P90X2 this is my favorite program I have ever done. In the past I have done Power 90, GSP Rushfit, Revabs, and Insanity (I even did Turbo Fire with my wife for a few weeks). The workouts are killer! After 6 days I have 100% confidence that the dynamic set training workouts will kick ANYONES but. I feel like I lift every muscle to complete exhaustion everyday and I am always hitting failure by 2/3 of the way though the video. The pump is amazing. I did football and competitive weightlifting team in high school and I dont think I have ever lifted this hard my entire life. I think their claim of building 10lbs of muscle in 90 days is actually very conservative.

    The production quality of the series is very high and they have done 2 years of testing before releasing it and you can tell. The nutritional information is great and the included recipes are slap your mother for seconds good, better than the P90X2 recipes and those set a very high bar for me.

    My ONLY 'complaint' is Sagi Kalev doesnt have the on camera presence/chemistry that Tony Horton does. I think he does very well for this being his "freshman" effort and English not being his first language but if I had to pick on something I would choose this. That said he seems extremely knowledgeable and he does a good job of motivating you throughout the videos he just doesnt have that quirky excitement like Tony H, he tends to be a bit more serious. I think this could be subjective as to if its a con.

    Oh and there isnt a lot of cardio in the program but I can say that the cardio that is included is pretty intense. I am coming off a round of P90X/Insanity hybrid schedule and I found it challenging.

    I highly recommend you try this program if you want to add any kind of muscle mass. Dont worry it wont make you hulk in 1 round. If you do purchase it like I did get the optional $20 Tempo workouts. I previewed them (havnt done them yet) and they look killer.

    Where do you find bodybeast at? I looked on Beachbody and can't seem to find it.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    Yeah, so the way Beachbody does it they dont have it advertised on their main site yet. They are letting only the coaches sell it and they are watching for peoples first round results so they can use it for the advertisements and infomercial. Since I am in what is essentially the first "launch" group its possible I could be in the infomercial.

    Anyway, if you want to order it:

    http ://www . yourfitnesspath.com/programs/body-beast

    http ://www . teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/body-beast-workout
    Last edited by amlucent; 07-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User zjepsen's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Stats: 6'2", 173 lbs
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    zjepsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zjepsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zjepsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zjepsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Visit zjepsen's BodySpace
    zjepsen is offline
    Hey man use Now Foods Carbo Gain Maltodextrin powder and Dextrose Powder, you can get 10 pound tubs here on BB.com for dirt cheap and just mix them together and get the same ingredients in that Fuel Shot drink and then just add some whey to simulte the Base Shake and you got your post workout shake
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    Originally Posted by zjepsen View Post
    Hey man use Now Foods Carbo Gain Maltodextrin powder and Dextrose Powder, you can get 10 pound tubs here on BB.com for dirt cheap and just mix them together and get the same ingredients in that Fuel Shot drink and then just add some whey to simulte the Base Shake and you got your post workout shake
    ^^ I think this is the winner of the thread!
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User golfwolf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Age: 43
    Posts: 551
    Rep Power: 112
    golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) golfwolf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit golfwolf's BodySpace
    golfwolf is offline
    Originally Posted by zjepsen View Post
    Hey man use Now Foods Carbo Gain Maltodextrin powder and Dextrose Powder, you can get 10 pound tubs here on BB.com for dirt cheap and just mix them together and get the same ingredients in that Fuel Shot drink and then just add some whey to simulte the Base Shake and you got your post workout shake
    Slight thread jack....
    what would be the difference between the combo suggested above, compared to waxy maize?
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User WVU2002's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Age: 33
    Posts: 33
    Rep Power: 0
    WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit WVU2002's BodySpace
    WVU2002 is offline
    Originally Posted by golfwolf View Post
    Slight thread jack....
    what would be the difference between the combo suggested above, compared to waxy maize?
    Golf,

    If your goal is lean mass, I would use 1 cup of oats and a scoop of whey over fuel shot or waxy. At the end of the day cals in vs cals out is what matters the most.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User desidhakkan's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 37
    Posts: 40
    Rep Power: 0
    desidhakkan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    desidhakkan is offline
    Originally Posted by WVU2002 View Post
    Golf,

    If your goal is lean mass, I would use 1 cup of oats and a scoop of whey over fuel shot or waxy. At the end of the day cals in vs cals out is what matters the most.
    REALLY? Have you heard of Insulin?
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User WVU2002's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Age: 33
    Posts: 33
    Rep Power: 0
    WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit WVU2002's BodySpace
    WVU2002 is offline
    Originally Posted by desidhakkan View Post
    REALLY? Have you heard of Insulin?
    Your point?
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User amlucent's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Stats: 5'11", 198 lbs
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    amlucent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit amlucent's BodySpace
    amlucent is offline
    Originally Posted by WVU2002 View Post
    Your point?
    He is saying that oats will not spike your insulin like a sugar will.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User WVU2002's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Age: 33
    Posts: 33
    Rep Power: 0
    WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WVU2002 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit WVU2002's BodySpace
    WVU2002 is offline
    Originally Posted by amlucent View Post
    He is saying that oats will not spike your insulin like a sugar will.
    I understand that but it is a very simplistic look at nutrition. Oats and whey will give you all of the insulin spike you need. If you are in a non-depleted state you will not burn enough glycogen during your workout (unless you are an endurance athlete) to make a difference. If you really want to look at the science, whey alone would do the trick if you had enough pre-workout carbs.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User 6packstriving's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: Bradenton, Florida, United States
    Age: 42
    Stats: 5'9", 171 lbs
    Posts: 141
    Rep Power: 61
    6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 6packstriving has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit 6packstriving's BodySpace
    6packstriving is offline
    Originally Posted by WVU2002 View Post
    I understand that but it is a very simplistic look at nutrition. Oats and whey will give you all of the insulin spike you need. If you are in a non-depleted state you will not burn enough glycogen during your workout (unless you are an endurance athlete) to make a difference. If you really want to look at the science, whey alone would do the trick if you had enough pre-workout carbs.
    Well stated ^^^
    Fitness is not a sprint, but a lifelong marathon.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User desidhakkan's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 37
    Posts: 40
    Rep Power: 0
    desidhakkan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    desidhakkan is offline
    Originally Posted by WVU2002 View Post
    I understand that but it is a very simplistic look at nutrition. Oats and whey will give you all of the insulin spike you need. If you are in a non-depleted state you will not burn enough glycogen during your workout (unless you are an endurance athlete) to make a difference. If you really want to look at the science, whey alone would do the trick if you had enough pre-workout carbs.
    Having pre-workout carbs (as in a lot) makes anyone puke if you're working out hard enough.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Banned BeastUpp's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000) BeastUpp is a complete loser! (-2000)
    BeastUpp is offline
    Hi Folks,

    I am currently trying to create a quality PDF version of Body Beast: The Book of Beast.
    I have found a few bad versions online and spent some time on Photoshop trying to salvage as much as possible. However, there are some pages that are too bad and some that are just missing.
    Are there any generous individuals out there who would be so kind as to help me out with some scans/pictures?
    The pages required are:

    Front Cover -> 40 and then 43, 45, 70-74, 78, 80, 93, 109, 112, 114, 115, 117, 118, 121.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanking you in advance.

    -A

    Info/Scans to be sent to beastup@live.co.uk
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Registered User indoortrainer's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    indoortrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    indoortrainer is offline

    Why not become a beachbody coach

    Why not just become a coach- you get 25% off on all beachbody products. Not only that - you seem to recommend it alot, so why not earn money doing it.


    If you want to buy the program- and get the free bonus dvd-w w w. beachbodycoach .com / indoortrainer without the spaces
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Registered User indoortrainer's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2012
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    indoortrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    indoortrainer is offline
    Originally Posted by amlucent View Post
    Hello, I am new to the site. I have been doing P90X for the past 6 months and I have dropped about 60 lbs and put on a bit of muscle but I want more mass also I am ready for something different. Beachbody, the company that makes P90X, has just come out with an introductory body building type program called Body Beast and I have ordered it and I am really looking forward to trying it out. But I have a question about one of the supplements it recommends with the program.

    Personally, I have never thought that the majority beachbody brand of supplements were very great for their price so I have been using the highly rated products on bodybuilding.com instead. One of the supplements that is recommended for use with Body Beast is this new recovery powder beachbody is calling "Fuel Shot". I have linked to the nutritional label for this product below and I am wondering if you guys can recommend me an alternative product that is "as close to this as possible or better" that you would recommend I use in place of this fuel shot stuff..

    Fuel Shot Nutritional Label:
    hxxp:// images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/supplements/pdf/BB_Fuel_Shot.pdf <--I cant post a link!
    This fuel shot stuff is $49.95 +tax/shipping for 25 servings (this program suggests 2x servings a day! so I am looking at something cheaper for sure)

    I went to my local GNC and the guy behind the counter suggested I use "Genr8 Vitargo S2". I figured if you guys agree with that assessment I will purchase here instead.

    Is this Fuel Shot stuff worth it? Should just man up and buy it, or buy this GenR8, or something else? I should tell you my goal for the next 12 weeks is to add as much mass as possible while keeping my body fat down as low as possible.

    Sorry for the wall of text..

    Want to be in my free FB BODY BEAST ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP?
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout