BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

When do you plan your refeed? Days off? Leg day? Weakest body part?

I tend to assimilate carbs very slowly. Takes a full week for me to get back down to baseline so I am finding that a carb up every 10 days or so if perfect.
    I usually try to do arrange it so that the day I have my highest carbs is the day I work my arms, which I feel is my most lagging body part but since I aaimilate carbs sol slowly, I might start doing my arms the day after my highest carb day.. I still have to play with it.

How do you schedule your refeeds when dieting for a show?

ANT
    First Ever IIFYM CALCULATOR = www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator

22 billion combinations of Oatmeal flavors MyOatmeal.com

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I try to re-feed around either a upper body weakpoint or strenuous leg day. But there should be some consideration regarding some other aspects (one you touched on which is how your body processes carbs, but I'm not sure if that's something to stress about) an important one IMO is when you train. If you train in the morning, I'd say refeed the day before the training session you are targeting. I train in the evening mostly so I usually re-feed on the day of the session in question.

Hope this helps.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    doesnt matter really either weak point or the days that really tax you
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50) Char will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I re-feed the day before leg-day. My challenge is to gain and keep mass on my legs so if I re-feed the day before I feel stronger and I have much more energy to burn and I definitely feel the benefits of the x-tra cals/carbs I compete in figure and don't need/want to add more size to upper body and so on that part I work more on definition.
    - Failure is not an option
    - We are all a product of the choices we make
    - I can accept failure; everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    ..... Michael Jordan

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like to have my refeed on my Back day, which is also the day before my leg day. This way i have tons of energy for back and plenty of glycogen stored for legs the following day.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100) Quaaaads is not very well liked. (-100)
    I start my refeed at 6:00 the night before legs and continue it right through workout. With all the pre contest cardio I think it's important to keep your leg mass up. So hitting legs hard is important to me
    Natural squats
    715 X 1
    600 X 10
    500 X 20
    405 X 30
    225 X 725 in3 1/2 hours (smith machine)

ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryguy10493 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I plan them around events that I no there's gonna be good food. Like holidays such as the 4th of July. Or a night where there's a good party or somethin.
    If you aint growin your shrinkin!!

ig: ryguy10493

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Leg day because its the toughest. However my refeeds this time were every 4th or 5th day so I had to just suck it up and workout whatever was on that day and do the low days on my harder body parts when it worked out that way.

jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Carb assimilation

Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    I try to re-feed around either a upper body weakpoint or strenuous leg day. But there should be some consideration regarding some other aspects (one you touched on which is how your body processes carbs, but I'm not sure if that's something to stress about) an important one IMO is when you train. If you train in the morning, I'd say refeed the day before the training session you are targeting. I train in the evening mostly so I usually re-feed on the day of the session in question.

Hope this helps.
    How do you determine the rate in which your body assimilates carbs? Do you base it on your blood sugar levels?

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BioPulse View Post
    I tend to assimilate carbs very slowly. Takes a full week for me to get back down to baseline so I am finding that a carb up every 10 days or so if perfect.
    I usually try to do arrange it so that the day I have my highest carbs is the day I work my arms, which I feel is my most lagging body part but since I aaimilate carbs sol slowly, I might start doing my arms the day after my highest carb day.. I still have to play with it.

ANT

Ever consider you may be having too much caloric intake on those days, how do you structure your macros on that day? You could possibly do better by lowering it to something that you need, not what amount you possibly crave.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketh3snake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    Ever consider you may be having too much caloric intake on those days, how do you structure your macros on that day? You could possibly do better by lowering it to something that you need, not what amount you possibly crave.
    I agree but 1 day every week or two isnt going to hurt your diet. Look at ronnie coleman (i know its a bad example cuz hes juiced to max and like 300 lbs but still his 05 olympia diet could be used with suitable macros to a smaller person). He would have a refeed day once a week

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    changes a lot for me.
    lófasz

BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BioPulse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    At first, yes I considered it, of course, but I am treating my refeed days just as they should be. Not cheats where i give in to cravings.

Stats
    M
    5'11"
    191.2 lbs
    13%

Macros during the week:
    C: 250
    P: 200
    f: 50-60

Refeed
    C: 450
    P: 150
    F: 30
    First Ever IIFYM CALCULATOR = www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator

22 billion combinations of Oatmeal flavors MyOatmeal.com

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BioPulse View Post

ANT
    For me personally, and most people I work with, I don't plan refeeds on any particular day. I work them in and adjust them as necessary on a routinely basis in order to maintain the right nutritional math deficit to keep my weight/fat loss going at the rate I want. I typcially don't allow them to fall on a non-training day, but other than that, whatever training day they happen to fall on is the day I refeed.

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer