Pangel79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Turning 36... finally kicking myself in gear, looking to start bodybuild

Going to be turning 36 this summer, I'm starting to shed the extra pounds that I've put on. I'm looking for help regarding routines, food, perhaps even lifestyle suggestions on how I can reach my goal. I'm not looking for roids, preferable would like to do this all clean. Any help would be amazing guys. Thanks in advance.

JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent
    Just do some research man. Put some time and effort into learning routines, diet, supplements etc. your question is way too general to be answered. We've all spent countless hours reading and researching to learn our best approach to fitness, and you should do the same. This is not an easy lifestyle or task and there is no short and sweet answer or route to take to reach your goals. It's a lot of trial and error, discipline and devotion; all of which lies in your own hands.

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Google "beginner bodybuilding program". There are plenty to choose from. Start a thread in the Workout Journal section. Note your stats for weight and whatever other measurment you want to monitor. Read the nutrition section. Get your diet on point to support lifting. Learn how to count and log calories ((and slices of bread).. inside joke)). Get the the right amount of protein for you.

BE PATIENT with all things.

Use the forum search function as much as possible.

I am learning that the actual lifting is only part of the big picture. It's quite a steep learning curve but the more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

Break a leg :-)
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like anything else your results in bodybuilding will coorelate to the effort you put into it. Learning about it, training, nutrition and recovery...They all require effort and sacrifices.

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not looking for roids? That comment gave me a chuckle. No one has ever offered me any so maybe I'm doing something wrong? LOL! You can most certainly transform yourself naturally as many here have already found out though it is a long, long, and difficult journey which should not be put off another minute. The sooner you pick a routine (there are many on this site) and "just do it" to borrow a Nike cliche' the better off you'll be. Don't obsess over the details and overthink everything. The most effective approach is the one you actually put into practice ASAP.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People act like bodybuilding is just something you randomly decide to do. Good luck.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pangel79 View Post
    I'm not looking for roids
    It is a simple fact that heavy resistance training increases our susceptibility to getting hemorrhoids. Here are some important things to consider if you're interested in learning how to avoid roids: http://breakingmuscle.com/health-med...-keep-training

Good luck avoiding roids, OP.

TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just go to the stickies and pick one of the beginner programs, then read the nutrition for newbies sticky. Keep it simple and stick with it.

stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stef799 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No alcohol for start.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All I can say is, I sure wish I had started lifting at your age instead of waiting until I was closing in on 50. You have such an exciting future ahead of you!

Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    Not looking for roids? That comment gave me a chuckle. No one has ever offered me any so maybe I'm doing something wrong? LOL!
    Same here!

Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    The sooner you pick a routine (there are many on this site) and "just do it" to borrow a Nike cliche' the better off you'll be. Don't obsess over the details and overthink everything. The most effective approach is the one you actually put into practice ASAP.
    Exactly. The best exercise is the one you will do and enjoy.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine