allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

will I lose a lot of size?

So I'm trying to get to around 8% so I can start bulking again, will I lose a lot of size cutting down? Avi is recent pic at 14% bodyfat

Registered User GuiltyOfWinning's Avatar
    GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will lose size, but if you do correctly you wont lose muscle. I too was scared of losing "size" before I started my cut, but worry not. Sometimes you look bigger when your muscles are more defined anyways. Look at my progress pics and I look bigger after my cut even though I weigh 50 pounds less

allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) allNaturalBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks I'll take a look, what did u use to cut down? I'm Thinkn about gving that IF a try?

GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50) GuiltyOfWinning will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im following IF right now. I also tried keto and the standard 6-7 meals a day. IF for me is the easiest and has given me the best results.

Registered User Lincoln Biscuit's Avatar
    Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Lincoln Biscuit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all if your trying to gain size then 8% is pointless. I know various internet gurus will tell you that the lower the body fat you get to before you start bulking, the more muscle you will gain but that is bull****. Once you get below 10% body fat then all the good muscle building/preserving hormones decrease rapidly. 10% body fat is the perfect place to start bulking. Its the perfect trade off between looking good and having a great hormone profile.

Preserving muscle mass while cutting is basically a function of two things: being able to to lift as heavy for as long as possible and adequate protein intake. Anything else is just miscellaneous. Once you get to 10% things get more complicated.

My advice: cut to 10% and then bulk.

Regarding diets: it really doesn't matter so long as you getting enough protein for the circumstance and you can still lift within 10% of what you could when you were at the peak of bulking. Do whatever you can stick to.
    Last edited by Lincoln Biscuit; 06-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.

I tried keto for like 2weeks. Lost a lot of water. The thing with IF is how do u get all ur macros in 8hours? Don't u get full etc?

Originally Posted by Lincoln Biscuit View Post
    First of all if your trying to gain size then 8% is pointless. I know various internet gurus will tell you that the lower the body fat you get to before you start bulking, the more muscle you will gain but that is bull****. Once you get below 10% body fat then all the good muscle building/preserving hormones decrease rapidly. 10% body fat is the perfect place to start bulking. Its the perfect trade off between looking good and having a great hormone profile.

Preserving muscle mass while cutting is basically a function of two things: being able to to lift as heavy for as long as possible and adequate protein intake. Once you get to 10% things get more complicated.

My advice: cut to 10% and then bulk.
    I'm gna take ur advice an c what I look like at 10%. If I'm lookn good I'll go lower, if I feel too small I'll start bulkn again. I don't gain fat easily but its kinda hard to lose.

On recharge will rep u guys tmz

Originally Posted by allNaturalBrah View Post
    I tried keto for like 2weeks. Lost a lot of water. The thing with IF is how do u get all ur macros in 8hours? Don't u get full etc?
    Not hard at all. At noon I eat 1 protein shake, 50g almonds, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 cup brown rice, 1 chicken breast stuffed with cheese and basil and 2 cups broccoli post workout. Have another shake around 4pm then I eat 3 chicken strips with ranch around 6 or 7. Always hit macros + calories, and after a couple days on IF you no longer feel hungry.

Originally Posted by GuiltyOfWinning View Post
    Not hard at all. At noon I eat 1 protein shake, 50g almonds, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 cup brown rice, 1 chicken breast stuffed with cheese and basil and 2 cups broccoli post workout. Have another shake around 4pm then I eat 3 chicken strips with ranch around 6 or 7. Always hit macros + calories, and after a couple days on IF you no longer feel hungry.
    Sounds good man, what have ur resluts been like? Is it as good as everyone says?

Sounds good man, what have ur resluts been like? Is it as good as everyone says?
    I have pictures on my profile. I lost 50 pounds since start of 2012, went from a size 36 to 32 jean size and only starting implementing IF 2 months ago, was doing keto and others prior. But the biggest thing for me with IF is not being a slave to the food. Before I was honestly spending so much time preparing + cooking 6 meals a day, that it was so hard to follow. But with IF it could not be easier!

Originally Posted by GuiltyOfWinning View Post
    I have pictures on my profile. I lost 50 pounds since start of 2012, went from a size 36 to 32 jean size and only starting implementing IF 2 months ago, was doing keto and others prior. But the biggest thing for me with IF is not being a slave to the food. Before I was honestly spending so much time preparing + cooking 6 meals a day, that it was so hard to follow. But with IF it could not be easier!
    Yea saw that, u look good(no homo). Preparing food isn't really an issue for me as I just go to school for a few hours.

Yea saw that, u look good(no homo). Preparing food isn't really an issue for me as I just go to school for a few hours.
    Thanks bro. I read about it making your mind clearer + more energy, and I can definitely say I have noticed that.