Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up **Official Halo Reach Thread**

Game is gonna be sick. Inb4 haters.

http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Reach/default.aspx

http://www.haloreachtips.net

Firefight 2.0 Trailer

10min of Campaign
    👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000) HerpsNAO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I came while playing the beta (somewhat srs)

Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dude.Jon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had almost 350 games played. Elite roll ftw.

New jetpack really helps you learn levels.
    Disagree with a Marxist and you will be targeted as part of the problem.

TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TexasHeat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are above 12 years old and still like Halo

LULZ
    100% legit poster, no longer a troll. (dead serious)

Rangers - Cowboys - Mavericks - Longhorns - Boise State - Bears - Horned Frogs - Red Raiders - Miners - Owls

Lost 135 pounds

highest 360, current 225 (July 20 2017)

UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UniversityMisc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DMR Guide

http://www.haloreachtips.net/weapons/a-guide-to-the-dmr

The Designated Marksman Rifle, also known as the DMR, looks to take the prime position away from the Battle Rifle as the most popular and effective weapon in Halo Reach. The spiritual predecessor of the BR, the DMR is a weapon that requires more skill, better timing, and just like any weapon in a video game, a little bit of luck. Read on to learn how to dominate the playing field with this powerful weapon.

Lets start with the basics. The DMR is a single shot rifle, primarily used for medium to long range combat. You can take out an opponent with 5 well placed shots, which might sound easy enough. However, you also have to take into play it has considerable reticule bloom after every shot. This addition alone makes the learning curve very steep for someone who isn’t used to reticule bloom on weapons.

The DMR comes with 12 bullets in each clip, and default spawned DMRs come with two extra clips along with the one already loaded into the weapon. That ends up being 36 shots per DMR if you don’t pick up any ammo. It sounds like a lot, but if you aren’t playing a “pro” game type where players are spawning with DMRs and plenty are to be found off of dead bodies, than you will realize just how fast you burn through the ammo.

When you first pick up a DMR, you need to understand what kind of situation it is best suited for. Medium to long range combat is best. If you get caught in a close encounter with an enemy, you are going to fare much better switching to the Magnum to take out your opponent. Use the DMR to pick off enemies for afar.

One basic tip I can not stress enough to people is shoot everything you see. This is a basic tip when using every weapon, but you would be surprised how many people won’t shoot an enemy just because they think they are only going to get one bullet into them and it will be pointless. The whole concept of “tagging” an enemy is for the case your team mate might run into that enemy. And any advantage you can give to a team mate is an advantage for you. That one shot head start may be the deciding factor on which person is going to be watching the respawn screen, and who lives to fight another battle.

When first shooting the DMR, the reticule bloom may seem almost overwhelming. There are a few ways to help yourself out and increase the chance that you get the kill. First off, if your opponent looses his shields, then you will only need one shot to the head for a kill. If your reticule is bloomed out, wait before pulling the trigger for almost a second while it resets its self. This will ensure you have the absolute best chance to take a high percentage shot and get the kill. There is a downside to this as well. Your opponent could keep spamming the trigger and not wait to try and take a perfect shot, and he could very easily come away with the kill on you. This doesn’t happen very often, but you will more than likely run into it, especially at medium ranges. Don’t wait for the reticule to completely reset its self back to the default stage, just let it shrink for a little under a second so you get a higher percentage shot.

When looking at the reticule for aiming, take notice there is a smaller circle inside of the larger one. This is the circle you need to take aim with, because inside of that circle is where your bullets are going. The reticules are very faint in the beta, and Bungie has already addressed this issue and said they will be more visible when the game releases this fall. For now, you’re going to have to deal with the faint reticule, but you should be able to manage.

Now, don’t think the larger circle is just there for looks. It serves a purpose as well. My next tip for the DMR is learning to lead opponents. Hardly ever will you be shooting at a stationary target. Your target is going to be strafing, ducking, jumping, anything he can do to try and dodge your shots and make you miss. This is where the large reticule comes into play. Halo Reach features in game physics which require you to lead your shots on moving targets. Essentially, you are aiming and shooting where your target will be, instead of where he was.

For example. Lets say your opponent is running to the right. If you have his head inside of the far left side of the big circle in the reticule, chances are you will hit your opponent. You have to lead your shots so you can almost think of it as your enemy running into your shots. You will have to play around with this concept and get used to it. You don’t need to lead them that far, but the longer of a distance you’re at, the further you need to lead an enemy.

I’m confident that with a little bit of practice, and using these techniques from this article, you’ll improve your mid to long range game in Halo almost drastically. The DMR is primed to be the primary weapon of choice in Halo Reach, especially in more competitive game types. So make sure you grab one whenever you find one, and practice as much as you can with it. Soon, you’ll be slaying your enemies before they know what hit them.

Editor’s Note: Halo Reach is currently in the Beta at the time of this article. By the time the final version comes out, the game could be substantially different. New, revised articles will be posted once the final version has been released.
    👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

Everything done did. binarybulker's Avatar
    binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) binarybulker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    brb blowing up another halo then flying away in a ship for the 4th time

brb fighting the same enemies forever

brb popular for being the only decent game when the first xbox came out

brb ending up like medal of honor with 10+ games

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hell ya mother effer!!!
    I ALWAYS rep back, just leave a link to one of your posts in the rep comment.

Thick but not Joocy shroomdizzle's Avatar
    shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shroomdizzle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im only getting it for the online.
    It ain't about how much you lift. It's about how much you can lift and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Originally Posted by shroomdizzle View Post
    im only getting it for the online.
    I don't think anyone plays Halo anymore for the campaign lol.

ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always hated halo. I got into the beta and knew the game had higher quality art, so I figured I would try it out. Boy did I have fun.

I have odst from the 360'bundle and I play that now too, but it just isn't as fun as reach. So I can't wait for reach now.
    "Don't be envious when the grass is greener on the other side because you don't know how much crap it took to fertilize that ground.�

Are you ready? "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.� (John 8:24).

Originally Posted by ppself View Post
    I always hated halo. I got into the beta and knew the game had higher quality art, so I figured I would try it out. Boy did I have fun.

I have odst from the 360'bundle and I play that now too, but it just isn't as fun as reach. So I can't wait for reach now.
    I was so disappointed with Reach. And I couldn't believe (but should of expected) Microsoft to charge full price for something that should of been $30.

Firefight was the only good thing about it, and with no matchmaking, it was pointless.

But Reach is gonna solve that thank God. Firefight 2.0 looks sick with how much you can customize it.

ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UniversityMisc View Post
    I was so disappointed with Reach. And I couldn't believe (but should of expected) Microsoft to charge full price for something that should of been $30.

Firefight was the only good thing about it, and with no matchmaking, it was pointless.

But Reach is gonna solve that thank God. Firefight 2.0 looks sick with how much you can customize it.
    Lulz, i think you meant ODST?

I got it free with my Forza 360 bundle so that's how i got into the beta.

I'm hoping the stealth class gets more love, cause that is my favorite class to play as. But that whole 3 seconds to backstab somebody is going to screw me over. That whole 3 seconds is me killing someone, but someone is going to spot me easy and dispose of me.

Free kill for them.
    "Don't be envious when the grass is greener on the other side because you don't know how much crap it took to fertilize that ground.�

Are you ready? "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.� (John 8:24).

Lulz, i think you meant ODST?

I got it free with my Forza 360 bundle so that's how i got into the beta.

I'm hoping the stealth class gets more love, cause that is my favorite class to play as. But that whole 3 seconds to backstab somebody is going to screw me over. That whole 3 seconds is me killing someone, but someone is going to spot me easy and dispose of me.

Free kill for them.
    lulz yeah ODST my bad.

There is a new medal for killing someone while they are performing an assassination and saving your team mate. I wish they would of left that out of multiplayer, there were so many times I just wanted to hit them in the back and I went into that ******* animation.

I also saw rumors of a new armor ability, something about creating a clone of yourself or something, like a hologram I guess, idk if there is any truth to it or not.

The hologram is true.

Apparantly there were a few classes that weren't shown yet. That was one of them. It sounds pretty cool and interesting though.

MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Meh, I'll probably buy it just to buy it, but I'm more excited about Medal of Honor than anything right now.

The hologram is true.

Apparantly there were a few classes that weren't shown yet. That was one of them. It sounds pretty cool and interesting though.
    Another thing to tick me off in multiplayer....

Hopefully MLG settings will get rid of armor abilities outside of Sprint.

Originally Posted by MA5Bergey View Post
    Meh, I'll probably buy it just to buy it, but I'm more excited about Medal of Honor than anything right now.
    I have a beta key, but I'm waiting to use it for whenever they open the 360 beta..

MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a beta key, but I'm waiting to use it for whenever they open the 360 beta..
    Me too. I have the 360 version preordered. Kind of frustrated by all the delays lol.

Originally Posted by MA5Bergey View Post
    Me too. I have the 360 version preordered. Kind of frustrated by all the delays lol.
    Hopefully it'll do enough to separate it from COD. The beta is pretty much gonna decide if I get it this fall.

So last season I was on Onyx up until I idn't get to play much the last 4-5 days and it dropped me into the top of Gold. Kinda of lame it penalizes you for not playing.

idk if they are going to change this, but in the beta, you couldn't hurt your daily arena ranking, only improve it. The arena ranking pulled your best 3 games of the day and used those to compile your rating. it couldn't go down, which i kind of liked, because you didn't get penalized for having an off game or bad team mates in a match.

Article I wrote on it, explains it pretty well if you were confused by it during the beta.

http://www.haloreachtips.net/tips/le...-rating-system

anonymous
    In. Already pre-ordered Limited (too broke for Legendary). Release day shipping from Amazon. Might take Wednesday off.

Also reading The Fall of Reach about a week before hand to get syked (yes I know its not the same story, but w/e).

USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) USAviator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CarpeD1em500 View Post
    In. Already pre-ordered Limited (too broke for Legendary). Release day shipping from Amazon. Might take Wednesday off.

Also reading The Fall of Reach about a week before hand to get syked (yes I know its not the same story, but w/e).
    lol..with every video game..if its a sequel I will play the first one over again and watch all game info on youtube or read the games wikia..

for example I replayed mass effect the days leading up to the release of me2 so I knew everything about what was going on..

idk seems better that way..like for tv shows I always wait until the season is over then watch all episodes back to back.

im weird like that lulz
    The Truth Is Out There

-Ron Paul 2012-

I'm in the Danger Zone.

Originally Posted by CarpeD1em500 View Post

Limited here too. About a month from now im gonna start playing Halo 3 again and get back in the mood and out of the COD mood.

Pretty pumped.

JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll see. I'm haven't played beta and ODST was most definately not worth full retail. Looks cool.

What's the health system?

Originally Posted by JustAnotherUser View Post
    I'll see. I'm haven't played beta and ODST was most definately not worth full retail. Looks cool.

What's the health system?
    Sort of Halo 1 style.

Spartans: Shield recharges, but you have to use health packs found on walls at various points on maps

Elites: Everything recharges like normal.

JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sort of Halo 1 style.

Spartans: Shield recharges, but you have to use health packs found on walls at various points on maps

Elites: Everything recharges like normal.
    The ****? Health would be a huge disadvantage unless you end up having more. I liked the health system in Halo 1. Made it so that you never got owned from previous fights, but good players would usually have a small disadvantage going into fights if they've been in a couple without dying.

Originally Posted by JustAnotherUser View Post
    The ****? Health would be a huge disadvantage unless you end up having more. I liked the health system in Halo 1. Made it so that you never got owned from previous fights, but good players would usually have a small disadvantage going into fights if they've been in a couple without dying.
    Elites are massively overpowered, at least they were in the beta. Their armor ability of tick and roll owned with a shotgun or sword. The thing is, Bungie said they intended for it to be that way. The good thing is, at least in the ranked Arena, you HAVE to be a Spartan unless you get Covy Slayer where everyone is Elites. You don't get to pick/choose, so it helps out a bit.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by USAviator View Post
    lol..with every video game..if its a sequel I will play the first one over again and watch all game info on youtube or read the games wikia..

for example I replayed mass effect the days leading up to the release of me2 so I knew everything about what was going on..

idk seems better that way..like for tv shows I always wait until the season is over then watch all episodes back to back.

im weird like that lulz
    I do the same ****. For Halo 3, my buddy and I started Halo at like 5 oclock or so, finished it, then ran through Halo 2, and by the time we were done it was about midnight so (obviously) we went to the Midnight launch. Seeing the whole story unfold like that was awesome. I plan on doing something similar for Gears of War 3 (I'm working full time now (was a student back then), so it might be .. more spread out?)

Repped

Limited here too. About a month from now im gonna start playing Halo 3 again and get back in the mood and out of the COD mood.

Pretty pumped.
    Yeah I'll probably run through Halo 3 and Halo ODST's campaigns. Would do the whole series in a day again but like I said above, time is more precious when 8-5 is already gone M-F...

Also.......I still dont understand the ODST hate. I paid $60 and loved it. Thought the campaign missions were great, loved the atmosphere of the city, and Firefight? Awesome. Plus the complete Halo 3 multi experience.

The soundtrack was awesome too.

Repped.

To everyone here...my Xbox Live GT is: CarpeD1em500 - please feel free to gawk at my Gamerscore and also add me for Reach!!! (emphasis on the latter)

I hate on ODST because it was a ripoff. That wasn't a full $60 game, it was a $30 expansion that they decided to sell for $60. The original plan was to make it $30, but Microsoft saw the demand and decided to capitalize on it and make bank, which is why I was kind of pissed.

The story was decent, firefight failed because of no matchmaking, but firefight 2.0 in Reach will be amazing (hopefully)

healthy eating disorder AgentSkyhawk's Avatar
    AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AgentSkyhawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'll probably get it. i need to be better in halo though